Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Wolfmarsh
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tumblr_lezx3lbG8a1qdro83o1_500.jpg
    3q6bbn.jpg
    pain-in-the-ass.jpg
    There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 10 years ago

UPDATE: Due to 1 single Idiot's Whining and Crying to CPR on multiple times I will No Longer be posting anything in regards to CPR. This was Not a request from CPR it was My Decision as I'm tired of getting eMails from CPR that we simply Laugh about! So No More CPR UpDates, No More CPR Questions Answered, No More Explanations, No More Advance Notices, Nothing Regarding CPR. Sorry guys but 1 single Crying As*hat messed it up for everybody. I will not mention who this idiot is, however, HE knows who messed it up for Everyone.

Any Pertinent information regarding CPR that we want the general public to know about is on the CPR web site. We appreciate your support and look forward to the release of many new products coming out soon. Lots of things happening at CPR (sorry, but I’m no longer going to disclose) but again, we appreciate your support!

I will continue to post here regarding my own "Personal" pinball stuff, stories, restorations, etc., however, everything will be of a Personal nature.

My posted comments DO NOT REFLECT THE OPNIONS OF CPR OR MIKE OR KEVIN — My Opinions are My Own.

Stu
    CPR Art Director

#2 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

UPDATE: Due to 1 single Idiot's Whining and Crying to CPR on multiple times I will No Longer be posting anything in regards to CPR. This was Not a request from CPR it was My Decision as I'm tired of getting eMails from CPR that we simply Laugh about! So No More CPR UpDates, No More CPR Questions Answered, No More Explanations, No More Advance Notices, Nothing Regarding CPR. Sorry guys but 1 single Crying As*hat messed it up for everybody. I will not mention who this idiot is, however, HE knows who messed it up for Everyone.
    Any Pertinent information regarding CPR that we want the general public to know about is on the CPR web site. We appreciate your support and look forward to the release of many new products coming out soon. Lots of things happening at CPR (sorry, but I’m no longer going to disclose) but again, we appreciate your support!
    I will continue to post here regarding my own "Personal" pinball stuff, stories, restorations, etc., however, everything will be of a Personal nature.
    My posted comments DO NOT REFLECT THE OPNIONS OF CPR OR MIKE OR KEVIN — My Opinions are My Own.
    Stu
    CPR Art Director

Things seem to be going this way on the site for many people not just CPR. Continue the great job you guys are doing

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Things seem to be going this way on the site for many people not just CPR. Continue the great job you guys are doing

I guess there is no way to escape RGP drama!

#4 10 years ago

Another example of adults acting like children...drama.

Keep up the great work CPR.

#5 10 years ago

Always someone who can't just appreciate what they are given. Hate to hear, but completely understand the frustrations. Thanks for all you guys do, and I'll keep a close watch on the CPR website for updates and releases. Thanks!

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinWiz17:

I guess there is no way to Escape RGP drama!

That funny, nowhere in his statement was RGP mentioned. Just one single Douche-bag

#7 10 years ago

This is sad news. It helps to have some transparency with a company when it is of the nature of CPR with wait lists and such. Unfortunately, CPR hasn't done the best job of updating its own news. The latest entry on the Updates page is from last year. Perhaps some of this info could be shifted to there?

#8 10 years ago

In the old days, the guilty party would be shamed w/ his name being announced by public outcry, then he/she either hanged or stoned (or both) in the town square for all to see.

Does anyone think this person would/has spared YOUR names?

Just some food for thought...

#9 10 years ago

That sucks!! If not for updates on Pside I wouldn't have known of the release of Shadow plastics which sold out fast. Either way, thanks for the updates Stu!

#10 10 years ago

Let us know who the asshat it and continue with the CPR updates

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from NinJaBooT:

That sucks!! If not for updates on Pside I wouldn't have known of the release of Shadow plastics which sold out fast. Either way, thanks for the updates Stu!

Agreed, that's how I bought my Shadow plastics too.

I'm just gonna say this (to anyone, not Stu specifically): if someone on Pinside is rubbing you wrong, just put them on ignore. If someone is emailing you in a abusing way, just make a mail rule to send them straight to the trash, marked as read, and you'll never even know they exist. Move on with life, don't let one jerk ruin things for you (and everyone else!).

#12 10 years ago

Gnr plastics I found out from here!

#13 10 years ago

That's too bad cause it hurts the whole pinball community.This is why I never go on RGP anymore.This is EXACTLY the type of stuff that went/ goes on over there.Pinball Repair Guide anyone?
    I will continue to support CPR.
    Please don't let Pinside turn into RGP.
    R=ruining the
    G=game of
    P= pinball Scott

#14 10 years ago

Homepin 2.0

#15 10 years ago

stu:
    not that you'll change your mind, but what if we publicly [verbally] stoned mr. a**hat and got robin to temporarily ban him for his actions?

it's a shame that given how small this community really is that someone will do/say something that it ruins it for the rest of us.

I, for one, have appreciated the time that you've taken to convey information that we wouldn't get otherwise

#16 10 years ago

That's the pincunts in general.

They post your home address on CL, they call your boss and make shit up, they tell the city you are running a pinball strip club in your warehouse, crap all over the floor at the expos.....

#17 10 years ago

Sorry to hear this news - Stu's information was very helpful.

#18 10 years ago

Sorry to hear that Stu. I always enjoyed reading the updates on how the current projects were going or what was in the pipeline. Was looking forward to seeing some pics of the progress of the HS PF!

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

stu:
    not that you'll change your mind, but what if we publicly [verbally] stoned mr. a**hat and got robin to temporarily ban him for his actions?

it's a shame that given how small this community really is that someone will do/say something that it ruins it for the rest of us.

I, for one, have appreciated the time that you've taken to convey information that we wouldn't get otherwise

I second this...Please don't let one apple spoil the entire bunch. I applaud your efforts and look to updates to see what is coming out for future orders.

#20 10 years ago

Sadly, Stu, by doing what you're doing, the asshat won.

#21 10 years ago

Sorry to hear Stu. It is what it is but you should reconsider you are just hurting everyone except the guy who made the trouble.

#22 10 years ago

Yup, I wish we knew who it was. However I'm glad you let us all know why we wont be getting updates anymore. I appreciate the honesty.

pappy

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Sadly, Stu, by doing what you're doing, the asshat won.

You're probably right Bryan but at least he knows he has a target on him. Karma is a bitch.

Pappy

#24 10 years ago

Karma might be that, but it doesn't keep us informed... Blurg

#25 10 years ago

Are you at least allowed to post when something is announced on CPR's website? I don't always remember to check the site.

I don't see a huge advantage to hearing about something in queue that won't be done for 2-3 years anyway (which can get pushed back even further depending on priorities). I mean it's nice to hear, but it's not like I'm gonna go run out and buy a pin with a roached playfield in hopes I can replace it.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Are you at least allowed to post when something is announced on CPR's website? I don't always remember to check the site.

I find this site very helpful:
    http://www.changedetection.com/

#27 10 years ago

Everyone has the right to disagree with the way you do business just as you don't like it when people flip your playfields when there is a shortage. I have 3 CPR playfields and got them all on the secondary market because I got started late.

I got on your preorder list list times and of the two of those you produced I got zero. That will tick some people off. That doesn't give anyone the right to harass you. If you find the emails of the asshat in question laughable maybe you should reconsider your update ban. Treat your customers like they don't matter and they might return the favor.

Can we play a game of guess the asshat? If we get it right will you tell us?

#28 10 years ago

I am not sure which is worse, the guy that is being the jerk, or the guy whining about the guy being a jerk.... For a hobby that is supposedly composed of men, there sure are a lot of emotional issues rampant in these parts....

I don't care if you take your ball and go home, just let me put a hole in the ball before you go, so we don't have to keep playing this game...

Sorry if I seem so negative, but pinball is supposed to be a hobby, and there just seems to be a lot more drama than is necessary in this hobby....

#29 10 years ago

Perhaps if we pulled out the old trusty Pinside stocks, set them up in the town square and let every member here toss a tomato or two at the culprit, then we would all feel a little better. LOL

#30 10 years ago

I have been reading Stu's posts for a while now and even though he leaks what CPR is doing he is arrogant. A lot of people feel the same way. Post your updates, address any concerns, and move on.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

UPDATE: Due to 1 single Idiot's Whining and Crying to CPR on multiple times I will No Longer be posting anything in regards to CPR.

If you stop giving updates, the terrorists win.

#32 10 years ago

Stu,
    I will miss your updates as you were the primary window into the CPR "building" for me. Thank you for the insights you have provided previously and thank you for all of your hard work. I'm looking forward to the release of your next art package, whatever the product may be.

Thanks,
    Steve

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Stu
    CPR Art Director

No offense man, but that's bullshit. Why are you punishing the many because of the actions of the few (or one, in this case), that's just ridiculous! Please, take a break, and rethink your position on this. Thanks for all your hard work and contributions to pinball.

#34 10 years ago

That's a shame, I always enjoyed hearing first hand info about new products and updates on ongoing products. I was hoping for an update on the Star Trek playfield's but I am on the list so when it's done it will be done.

#35 10 years ago

It's too bad Stu didn't have thick enough skin to ignore one detractor.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from flashburn:

No offense man, but that's bullshit. Why are you punishing the many because of the actions of the few (or one, in this case), that's just ridiculous! Please, take a break, and rethink your position on this. Thanks for all your hard work and contributions to pinball.

Got to agree with this.

One person has slightly annoyed you so the thousand or so people who benefited from and appreciated your posts and updates have to suffer?

Grow a pair son.

Andy

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from NinJaBooT:

That sucks!! If not for updates on Pside I wouldn't have known of the release of Shadow plastics which sold out fast.

They're still available at some of the resellers.

#38 10 years ago

Sorry to hear about the grief that caused this move...I can completely understand that all it takes is one dumbass to take all the fun outta something. That said, you guys provide an invaluable service to the hobby, and it would be nice to at least have one-way information. As many have mentioned here, there's times when getting info on new CPR offerings in a timely manner means the difference between getting needed parts or missing out. Given the slower pace of new stuff (nature of the business) and uncertainty as to whats coming next having an RSS feed, regular newsletter, or even occasional posts (ignoring any/all feedback) would be helpful.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

They're still available at some of the resellers.

Thanks gweem, I picked up a set from CPR. My point was I would have missed out if not for Stu updating on pinside.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from wizzardz:

Given the slower pace of new stuff (nature of the business) and uncertainty as to whats coming next having an RSS feed, regular newsletter, or even occasional posts (ignoring any/all feedback) would be helpful.

It seems to me that a Twitter feed would be the easiest way to quickly disseminate information these days. That being said, I agree with what others have said about not punishing the entire community just because of one dick slice.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

It seems to me that a Twitter feed would be the easiest way to quickly disseminate information these days. That being said, I agree with what others have said about not punishing the entire community just because of one dick slice.

Or Facebook

#42 10 years ago

Please, no....for those of us not 14 years old

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from flashburn:

its the pussification of america (anyone who listens to Covino and Rich on satellite radio will know what i am talking about). it is the same thing as "everyone who play a sport gets a trophy, everyone in the class is smart, you have to stop wearing sexy outfits as cheerleaders because someone might be offended.

Stu, man up. block the asshat in questions and let the rest of us that are adults support your company. i don't check the CPR website unless there is an update here (i know that is my fault, but this is how it is), there are many other people that have said the same thing in this thread. while it might not put your company under, i believe you will see a decline in newer customers.

i would love to get some of the CPR items, but i always seem to miss out on the releases.

Either way, its up to you. i hope you change your mind though and let the rest of us in on your releases here.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

It seems to me that a Twitter feed would be the easiest

yeah...but little birds don't talk to me

#45 10 years ago

I am sad to hear there will be no more updates to Pinside.

Quoted from shimoda:

Unfortunately, CPR hasn't done the best job of updating its own news. The latest entry on the Updates page is from last year. Perhaps some of this info could be shifted to there?

I have to agree with the above statement. CPR's site needs to be way better managed.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Please, no....for those of us not 14 years old

So twitter is for grownups.

#47 10 years ago

Can't you just ignore the pain in the as$? I buy from CPR all the time and really don't want to be out of the loop because of one clown.
    pain-in-the-ass.jpgpain-in-the-ass.jpg

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

So twitter is for grownups.

WTF is a Twitter. Is that like when leakage passes the labia?

#49 10 years ago

This forum has a block feature for asshats. You will never see any posts from any asshats on your block list. Oh well. Keep up the great work stu! My shadow looks amazing thanks to you guys!

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

WTF is a Twitter. Is that like when leakage passes the labia?

Lol

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-updates/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.