• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20130823_102949.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
photo2.JPG
photo.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Taxi Playfields Gallery is up:
http://classicplayfields.com/photo132.html

#15 10 years ago

Keep in mind that if you buy More than what you asked for in the Pre-Order then some people will not get the 1 that they Pre-Ordered after you as we only make enough to cover the Pre-Order List. So if someone asked for 1 in their Pre-Order eMail and acutally Buys 3 then 2 other people wont get the 1 they Pre-Ordered > so please Buy Responsibly......

Quoted from Kneissl:

does your slot allow you to buy more than one playfield?

#19 10 years ago

it's just that > an EMAIL....Many people click on the eMail Pre-Order Link, which again is just a 'regular' eMail box and type in that they want 2 or 3 of this title....or they simply say I want one of these.....so when it comes time to Order Inserts for a specific title we count up how many people want & that's how many we make ( I have already explained why we can't make 20-30 More than what is Pre-ordered). So let's say we have 115 eMails in the Taxi playfield Pre-Order eMail Box and we add up all the Totals that every body wants & that total is 140 > we will make 155 boards to allow for a few 'bronze' mishaps + the quantity that we surender for the Licensing Compensation + the Partners & the Original Artist. Now, fast forward to us sending out the EMails for a "Call for Payment" and 5 of those people that Originally Pre-Ordered " 1 " Playfield now decide that they are going to buy 3 so that they can "flip them" for a higher price at the end...you see where this is going....those 5 people were to take 1 each ( a total of 5 ) and are now Buying 3 each ( times 5 people ) is now 15 boards > which now means that 10 people on the Original Pre-Order List won't get one because the Flippers went Greedy on their purchase buying more than they originally ordered.....This is 1 of the reasons why people don't get the Playfields they pre-ordered....

Quoted from WeirPinball:

How do you pre-order more than one?

#21 10 years ago

believe me > I brought this topic up with CPR a couple of times and tried to rectify it with the same solution you have just spoke of.....We do what we can to try and get everyone a playfield that pre-ordered one.....99% of the time it all works out because there is usually about 15% of the pre-orders that don't actually buy the product that they Pre-Ordered > which allows us to sell them to other poeple on the Pre-order List or the Wait List after the Pre-Order list has been purged....

Quoted from Richthofen:

but I might not get a board because you'll allow someone ahead of me to order more than one board?

#30 10 years ago

The eMail that people receive as a Call for Payment ONLY allows for a Maximum of 3...Let's not get carried away with this...

#37 10 years ago

so don't buy it....pretty simple logic...

Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

i actually wish it was Lola

#39 10 years ago

Running 'both' versions would have turned it into 2 Completely different runs of Playfields...Different set of Films at $1,400/set + All New Screens ( 1 Screen for each Color ) + All new Set-ups...it's like running 2 Different Playfield Titles instead of 1 and we found that 99% of the people we talked to wanted this version (including myself and I need a new playfield for my Marilyn version pin)....

Quoted from shock_me:

but I find it funny they didn't run half and half. There seems to be just as many of each version out there. Maybe the logistics were too complicated? Stu

#42 10 years ago

yeah if you don't have an NOS UnFaded one to compare it to you really don't know just how faded those colors really are....A great example is the Fathom playfield, every one of them out there was Very Green when the correct colors were Nice Blues....

#44 10 years ago

not good to judge it that way...some titles like Bad Cats have been on the Pre-Order for years (like 5 now), and Whirlwind was Open on the Pre-Order for a year - then Closed for 3 years - then Re-Opened for another year - then it was made....Other playfields are on the pre-Order for just a couple (6) months and then they are made. it all depends on how fast the pre-Order fills up to our capacity level + what Inserts we have available + what Size Wood we have in stock...and the list goes on & on.....Once we actually Start making the Playfield an average turn-around time is a couple of months and once it's done being Clear-Coated we wait a couple of weeks to start shipping them so that the clear-coat can Breath and Cure befor putting in into a box.....

4 weeks later
#74 10 years ago
4 weeks later
#99 10 years ago

I guess the artwork is ok as nobody has been bashing it.....

#101 10 years ago

Chris, my post wasn't directed at you, I was just posting in general about the artwork, sorry if you felt I was directing it at you, but Thanks, I hope everyone is pleased with the artwork.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.00
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-taxi-playfields?tu=stu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.