5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 215 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Pinball4life
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Looking for suggestions on some new CPR Repro DMD Playfield Titles to consider, Titles that Sell in the $1,800 - 2,800 Range”

• WCS 55 votes
      22%
    • No Fear 10 votes
      4%
    • BSD 137 votes
      56%
    • Party Zone 12 votes
      5%
    • Johnny Mnemonic 17 votes
      7%
    • Junkyard 14 votes
      6%

(245 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Monica-Bellucci-monica-bellucci-235326_1600_1200.jpg
    37 inch sander.jpg
    BatmanDE.jpg

There are 215 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 5 years ago

Pretty awesome to see CPR go on a public forum, and communicate with the customer base and ask, "Which of these do you want most?"
    Imagine if Stern did that...

As for closing the thread, I think there's a new device (a "resolved" checkmark) you can check to declare the thread "closed" for input.

-mof

#202 5 years ago

It's like herding cats.

#203 5 years ago

yeah this thread was a huge waste of time, nobody followed my instructions so I quit reading the responces....this is the last time I try this

#204 5 years ago

Maybe try again at a later date but just make a poll of 3-5 PF's CPR's would want/can do and labeled it - "Which of these PF's should CPR do next?

May help keep things on track a bit better next time.

#205 5 years ago

Looks like they removed the website, anyone know what happened to this plan?

#206 5 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

yeah this thread was a huge waste of time, nobody followed my instructions so I quit reading the responces....this is the last time I try this

It was a bad idea to do this on a forum honestly if you can't handle these posts. If CPR is legitmately curious on what we want, list out 10 or so possibilities on your actual website and have a poll. The poll here won't work because most people aren't going to read all of the rules. You give them the ability to post their suggestion and they are always going to post what they need the most at the current time regardless of your parameters. It wasn't a huge waste of time though, you still got responses on your poll that you can use. I love CPR and have bought several of their playfields and even more plastics and I like that you get on here and post but you always start a thread, get upset, and say 'this is the last time I do this'. Take Pinside for what it is, a forum.

#207 5 years ago

Sure a lot of the responses were "I know you're not doing X, but that's what I want.", but you posted a poll and the results of that were pretty one sided for BSD. Which obviously fits all the criteria you mentioned or you wouldn't have put it in the poll.

I think the only problem with that is, apparently licensing that particular title is a b!#ch. If however it becomes possible, I'm in for 2. Thanks for at least starting the thread and posting the poll. It's nice to see BSD get some love. I talked to Mirco and he told me nobody would want a BSD playfield so it didn't make sense, obviously that's not the case.

#208 5 years ago

Well, when it comes to "CPR" stuff I think the only posts I'm going to start are either a New Product Announcements or Looking for Source Materials, this way I won't have to deal with these kinds of threads.....

.....As a "Collector" I will still post personal comments, however, if someone starts a thread about CPR I just won't chime in to "clear up issues" or "let people know what's coming up"....just tired of all the bickering.....I got so disgusted this morning when I saw that the guy yesterday had posted again to the thread trying to blast me AFTER things had already died down that I had Robin Close & Lock the thread > which he did immediately.

....I also received a call from one of my partners at CPR and he said just to let it go that the guy was just Trolling & trying to get under my skin.....I told him that I had the thread Closed & Locked & he thought that was a great call to make....

....so, my appologies to those out there that had nothing to do with this crap, but this is just the only way I know how to deal with it......

#209 5 years ago

Question, why do people (trolls) want to cause crap all the time especially to those who are in the industry and kind enough to give us pinheads inside information or the ability to help mold the future of a game or white wood or or or...... Again, another thing I just shake my head at. There's constructive criticism and then there is just down right trolling to cause crap! Cool it for the rest of us who enjoy these people and those who allow us to give input to mold the future in Pinball

#210 5 years ago

I apologize if I was a DB for suggesting Congo. Thought it fit all the parameters of what you were asking for. But I think that would also have licensing issues like BSD. Any time you're doing something that is connected to a movie studio you're asking for trouble.

My problem is I have a chipped Congo PF and nobody that can fix it.

#211 5 years ago

If I'm not mistaken, the first day there was no poll. That's why so many responses, though it still had people not following the criteria. Then the poll showed up and it looks as if everyone that suggested something other than what was on the poll can't follow along.

Maybe Robin could implement an edit feature that would automatically show that the post has been edited from it's original content, not be optional.

#212 5 years ago

It would be nice to have the ability to create the poll while you are creating the original post. If you create the post with the intention of making a poll there isn't the option. You have to post the thread and then go back in and add the poll.

In this case it may have taken 15-20 minutes to amend the post to add the poll. In the meantime, there could have been 12 or more responses to the post before the poll was finally added.

#213 5 years ago

The way I see it, Stu, once you've tried to reason with someone and they still won't let it go, you have two options. You either ignore them, or tell them to f' off. Seeing as you're representing CPR, I'd probably recommend the first option.

Quoted from Stu:

Well, when it comes to "CPR" stuff I think the only posts I'm going to start are either a New Product Announcements or Looking for Source Materials, this way I won't have to deal with these kinds of threads.....
    .....As a "Collector" I will still post personal comments, however, if someone starts a thread about CPR I just won't chime in to "clear up issues" or "let people know what's coming up"....just tired of all the bickering.....I got so disgusted this morning when I saw that the guy yesterday had posted again to the thread trying to blast me AFTER things had already died down that I had Robin Close & Lock the thread > which he did immediately.
    ....I also received a call from one of my partners at CPR and he said just to let it go that the guy was just Trolling & trying to get under my skin.....I told him that I had the thread Closed & Locked & he thought that was a great call to make....
    ....so, my appologies to those out there that had nothing to do with this crap, but this is just the only way I know how to deal with it......

#214 5 years ago

BSD is the easy choice. Moon insert always has issues and usually there is planking on these too.

#215 5 years ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

Why don't you list the playfields you WILL do? Or at least the top 5 and add in a poll so we can vote on them.
    I have no idea which ones are being worked on by others.

That is a great productive suggestion. And maybe he did since this was suggested....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball USA
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 254.99
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 89.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 109.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 16.00
    $ 17.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 16.95
    $ 14.95
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Customs
    $ 248.85
    $ 52.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 75.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    $ 7,300.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 114.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12,500.00
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    There are 215 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside