Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 216 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Sammy31
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Looking for suggestions on some new CPR Repro DMD Playfield Titles to consider, Titles that Sell in the $1,800 - 2,800 Range”

• WCS 55 votes
      22%
    • No Fear 10 votes
      4%
    • BSD 139 votes
      56%
    • Party Zone 13 votes
      5%
    • Johnny Mnemonic 17 votes
      7%
    • Junkyard 15 votes
      6%

(249 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Monica-Bellucci-monica-bellucci-235326_1600_1200.jpg
    37 inch sander.jpg
    BatmanDE.jpg
    There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 9 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Sorcerer is Not a DMD ( besides we are already doing it )

I couldn't find Sorcerer on your sign up list on CPR's website.

#102 9 years ago

Having read the posts thoroughly, there are reasons why people are asking questions on what can and cannot be made.

You have stated licensing is an issue, which is understandable, yet on your poll you have BSD and Johnny Mnemonic which both need to be licensed.

So are you going to pursue some licenses? You have done Shadow plastics, so would a Shadow playfield be possible as it seems that license has been approved already?

#103 9 years ago

Why do folks keep mentioning non-DMD titles, or titles that its been made clear that CPR either cannot or will not run?

Are the posters that are doing so trying to cause trouble and aggravate Stu, or are you just plain dumb? This guy is trying to help out and give the pinball world what they want.

If you are just plain dumb, I guess we'll just have to let it go...

#104 9 years ago

Bummer about T2.

#105 9 years ago

So, what exactly is the limiting factor against reproducing the widebody playfields?

#106 9 years ago

What about Jackbot?

That should meet all the criteria

No license, no one is making one, and I doubt the original art exists

#107 9 years ago

bsd in a landslide. i can't say i'm surprised, either.

#108 9 years ago
    Quoted from Vengeance:

What about Jackbot?

Since they've already done PinBot this should be almost a no-brainer.

#109 9 years ago
    Quoted from Vengeance:

What about Jackbot?
    That should meet all the criteria
    No license, no one is making one, and I doubt the original art exists

If they did colored arrow inserts with the newer lock style eye and mode start holes I might poop myself. I really don't mind the early style locks all that much, but I know it drive people up a wall and there are drilling/routing differences. =|

AND DEAR GOD WE NEED PLASTICS AND THE MINI PLAYFIELD TOO.

Otherwise....my vote went to Johnny.

#110 9 years ago

We don't have a Sanding Unit wide enough to handle the wood size

Quoted from Firebaall:

So, what exactly is the limiting factor against reproducing the widebody playfields?

#111 9 years ago

I tagged Jackbot in the hopes of making it so.

#112 9 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

We don't have a Sanding Unit wide enough to handle the wood size

This is something I would kickstart as I'm sure others would.

#113 9 years ago

We only place titles on the Request Page once the Artwork is Completed....we currently have 65+ projects in the works (artwork stage) none of which is public, however, many of the titles mentioned in this thread are already being worked on......

Quoted from cowman57:

I couldn't find Sorcerer on your sign up list on CPR's website

#114 9 years ago

Starwars DE please.

#115 9 years ago

No sence in buying equipment when we dont have anything to print (other than Joust). More later on this subject....

Quoted from Robotoes:

This is something I would kickstart as I'm sure others would.

#116 9 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

No sence in buying equipment when we dont have anything to print (other than Joust). More later on this subject....

Oh I get it...just quietly prodding without being the guy saying "make X early SS playfield even though you didn't ask about them"...

I will continue to wait in the SHADOWs.

#117 9 years ago

This thread has been a funny read. Love Stu's responses to some of the comments/questions. My vote would be for WCS.

#118 9 years ago

No you shouldn't. I'm looking for titles that fit a very specific criteria for several reasons.

Quoted from BMHouze:

Should I become fearful that any pin that's under the $1800 mark will never get done?

#119 9 years ago
    Quoted from Robotoes:

This is something I would kickstart as I'm sure others would

+1

Just think of how many Paragon playfields you'd sell~!

#120 9 years ago

Cmon guys! There about 100 of us on here that need a Batman DE playfield. Batman DE!! Batman DE!! Almost every single one in existence needs a playfield. Everyone knows that! Puhleeeeeez, please do Batman DE. People will buy the machine (good for all of us regardless of your 'pinion on the game) if they know they can get a pf- that has scared people away for years. I just want one for my collection and they just don't exist. Always figured licensing issues, but I'll throw it out there- I know nothing about it save hearsay. Stu might say otherwise.... or not, don't know until ya try. And there's a big need...

Batman DE

Batman DE

Did I say Batman DE?? Thank you

BatmanDE.jpgBatmanDE.jpg

#121 9 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

No you shouldn't. I'm looking for titles that fit a very specific criteria for several reasons.

Man, I hate this cryptic crap, lol....

But at the same time, I'm glad you guys are looking at less spendy games to make PFs for.. crap!

#122 9 years ago

Yes, I think you should make playfield for DMD era games

#123 9 years ago

Bram Stoker's Dracula for sure!

Thanks Stu!

Rob Bell
    Robsgameroom.com

#124 9 years ago

Why the hell is shadow not on the poll

#125 9 years ago

hi stu,b.s.d. please!!!!!! joe

#126 9 years ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Why the hell is Shadow not on the poll

Too many people would vote for it.

#127 9 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

We only place titles on the Request Page once the Artwork is Completed....we currently have 65+ projects in the works (artwork stage) none of which is public, however, many of the titles mentioned in this thread are already being worked on......

Really Stu, 65+ projects, I had no idea. How many did you do the art work for? You guys are amazing, what would we do without you.

#128 9 years ago

I'll put my vote in for The Shadow.

#129 9 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Sorcerer is Not a DMD ( besides we are already doing it )

YAY!

#131 9 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

T2 has major 3rd Party Licensing issues which is why it was not added to the Poll

Wow just looking at the Wikipedia page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminator_(franchise)

I cant even really tell who owns the rights

#132 9 years ago

BSD is a no brainer.

There are a heap of DE games that badly need playfields done though. I guess the problem with them would be they are all pretty much licensed titles. TMNT, Simpsons, Batman, GnR (yes I know it is a widebody but just saying) are all perfect examples. TMNT would be lovely though ;o)

#134 9 years ago

Who are the idiots paying 950 bucks plus shipping for Getaway PF's....hope that one falls flat on it's face due to ridiculous cost.. sheesh..

Can I change my vote to "Any playfield you CAN guys! I don't want to horrendously overpay for a playfield!"

#135 9 years ago

Thanks for the link. Kind of cost prohibitive, but if the game is a keeper...

#136 9 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Ok guys, I'm looking for suggestions on some new CPR Repro DMD Playfield Titles to consider.
    — Looking for DMD Titles
    — Hoping to find some titles that Sell in the $1,800 - 2,800 Range
    — Here are the titles that we will Not be doing
    ( they are being done/have been done by others or have Licensing Issues )
    1. Addams Family
    2. Attack from Mars
    3. Medieval Madness
    4. Whitewater
    5. Monster Bash
    6. Cactus Canyon
    7. Star Trek – TNG
    8. Twilight Zone
    9. Indiana Jones
    10. Demolition Man
    11. Judge Dredd
    12. No Gottlieb Titles
    So, with these exclusions, what DMD Titles would you be interested in??

Quoted from Stu:

Why did I know people wouldn't follow the Instructions!
    1. Getaway is being done by someone else
    2. Guns-N-Roses = Widebody ( we can't do those yet )
    3. Tom is being done by someone else
    4. No Cactus Canyon, No Medieval Madness, No Monster Bash, No Cirqus Voltaire, No Attack from Mars, Np Theatre of Magic, No Star Trek tng, No Demolition Man, No Judge Dredd, No Addams Family, No Indiana Jones, No Twilight Zone, No CFTBL, No Whitewater, No Getaway
    5. We are already doing ToTAN, so why Vid listed it is just stupid
    6. We are already doing Corvette, so why Vid listed it is just stupid
    6. We are already doing Fish Tales, so why Vid listed it is just stupid

CFTBL wasn't on the original post, is this being done by someone else? or a license issue?

#137 9 years ago

Stu... Tftc nos pf was on eBay for over a year at $500 with no one buying it. I can't believe that a lot of tftc play fields would be a big sell. Just my 2 cents
    Congo is a big up n coming title in the 2500-3500 range. That gets my vote, shadow number 2

#138 9 years ago

I caste my vote for BSD. It deserves one and you would make many people very happy. Happy is good.

#139 9 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Stu... Tftc nos pf was on eBay for over a year at $500 with no one buying it. I can't believe that a lot of tftc play fields would be a big sell.

Well they just did the playfield plastic set so that should be a good gauge on weather to do the playfield.

#140 9 years ago

IPB did a run of these a few years back....and thus there is No Need for someone to "draw" new artwork for it....Now of course everyone knows that IPB is no longer in business and that PPS acquired all assets from IPB ( which should have included the Films used in the production of the CFTBL PF ). So if Rick chooses to run this title it's up to him as to who he offers the project to.

Quoted from swinks:

CFTBL wasn't on the original post, is this being done by someone else? or a license issue

#141 9 years ago

Stu, shadow should be a priority. Beautiful pf, almost all with sanctum wear.

I'm sure licensing will be stupid cheap on that title! Less than JM.

#142 9 years ago

Bsd,T2 and The Shadow

#143 9 years ago

Too bad about T2, I would be in for that one...

#144 9 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

IPB did a run of these a few years back....and thus there is No Need for someone to "draw" new artwork for it....Now of course everyone knows that IPB is no longer in business and that PPS acquired all assets from IPB ( which should have included the Films used in the production of the CFTBL PF ). So if Rick chooses to run this title it's up to him as to who he offers the project to.

thanks for the explanation

#145 9 years ago

Shadow a million times over. And NGG. Both games always have major wear.

#146 9 years ago

Shadow, NGG. Also need reruns on HS, ES, and WW.

#147 9 years ago

Congo, NGG and roadshow

#148 9 years ago

Sorry. I must be dumb or not very well informed. I asked before but I'll ask again:
    What exactly is the issue with original themed games like CC and CV???
    Just curious.

Is it because there's a chance these are being reproduced by PPS down the road or part of their WPC2.0 offerings?

#149 9 years ago

No need for me to Draw CC or CV as the Original Films still exist

#150 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheDarkKnight68:

Cmon guys! There about 100 of us on here that need a Batman DE playfield. Batman DE!! Batman DE!! Almost every single one in existence needs a playfield. Everyone knows that! Puhleeeeeez, please do Batman DE. People will buy the machine (good for all of us regardless of your 'pinion on the game) if they know they can get a pf- that has scared people away for years. I just want one for my collection and they just don't exist. Always figured licensing issues, but I'll throw it out there- I know nothing about it save hearsay. Stu might say otherwise.... or not, don't know until ya try. And there's a big need...
    Batman DE
    Batman DE
    Did I say Batman DE?? Thank you

BatmanDE.jpg 22 KB

Lost cause I'm afraid Just not any love for the game. While being really shallow it's actually a fun pin. music is great too. If I could ever get someone to do a full PF scan of my crap playfield I would do my best to make an overlay. I just have no means of getting a scan and I'm fearful without a scan getting all the holes lined up would be impossible for my skill set. I'd be thrilled for CPR to do one.

There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-taking-playfield-suggestions/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.