20171212_161612 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #199 TAF entered the CPR production pipeline Posted by ForceFlow (7 years ago)

Post #371 Details on green color discrepancy Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #376 Explanation of green color discrepancy Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgadzia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#411 6 years ago

ok i am on the list for one of these babies, does anyone know where there is a video on the ins and outs of doing this swap, i am particularly concerned about how to install the wire ball guide rails. Also do these boards need to be waxed or prepped in anyway before installing?

#422 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Use a BRAND NEW Brad Point bit, turned by hand, and just shave through the clear coat. This way the wire guides won't touch the clear during installation.

Wax the entire board before you start installing. It's your only chance to wax the whole thing you'll ever have.

do you know what size, and do you happen to know a link of a video doing this? do you drill all the way through the playfield, what holds the metal rails in?

#424 6 years ago

so there are predrilled holes for the metal posts?

#427 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Use a small NEW Brad Point, maybe an 1/8" size
Don't drill all the way through the playfield, just TWIST BY HAND to cut the clear away from the top of the hole.
That way the wire guide won't touch and crack the clear when you tap it in.
Tap the guides in deep enough so the center of the ball hits the center of the wire.

Awesome, thanks for the info, If I hadnt asked this, I would have screwed it up for sure, anything else you can think of I need to be careful of?

#429 6 years ago

ok great, last few questions...

should i be able to use the existing metal rails, do i just use a punch to punch them out from underneath the board? or should i buy new rails?

what about playfield protectors? yes or no?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7960-20017

#431 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Just reuse your old ones.

No.
Just Mylar under drops and other high wear areas.

where do you get mylar just for the drops and high wear areas? all the mylar protectos seem to be for the whole playfield?

#433 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

You can get a roll of mylar and cut your own. Use rounded curves for everything when cutting, not sharp corners. Corners will eventually start to lift and peel up.
Personally, I would put some protectors down for the playfield holes/ejects, and switch slots (if the ball drops on them from a ramp) since those are all high wear areas, then mylar for anywhere else. Looking at a worn playfield should tell you what areas need some protection.

do you wax then put down the mylar or vice versa? Thanks for all the great info. This will be my first playfield swap, as you can tell, I am a little nervous.....

2 months later
#573 6 years ago

I am still waiting as well, would be nice to know where you are on the list and where they are actually at.

1 month later
#651 6 years ago

I am in the middle of breaking down my old playfield, i plan on putting the wiring harness in the dishwasher. Are there any parts on this playfield that cant be washed, ie. the hand mechanism box or the bookcase mechanism?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgadzia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-taf-addams-family-playfield-announced?tu=jgadzia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.