20171212_161612 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #199 TAF entered the CPR production pipeline Posted by ForceFlow (7 years ago)

Post #371 Details on green color discrepancy Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #376 Explanation of green color discrepancy Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

I think you guys are forgetting that Yes CPR has a Sold Out Pre-Order ( for our share of the run ) HOWEVER, PPS will have their own supply of these that we are printing ( and their quantity will be the same as ours )......I'm sure there will be plenty of these to go around.....

Didn't they say their run was also sold out? (I'm clarifying, because if not, I'm in for one.)

1 year later
#213 7 years ago

At what point in the process does CPR send out email asking for payment? When it enters 'the pipe'? Or before, after?

#215 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

When it's ready to ship.

Ah! Okay, thanks.

2 months later
#267 7 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I wouldn't get too excited yet. Mirco said the same thing to me about CV playfields in 2013. In Jan 2013 he told me via email they would producing and shipping CV playfields within 6 months.... it is now 4 years later and I don't think they ever got made.

Last I heard he was supposed to have them at TPF, but I haven't heard anything, noone's posted pics or anything..

2 months later
#281 6 years ago

You know, for the cost of two playfields, I'll make them a system to where a user can go to a webpage, sign up for a field, and then later check if they're on the list..

3 months later
#298 6 years ago

Why?

#328 6 years ago

Looks good. I so wish I could have made the sign-up list.
Interesting that they put the logo in the small square where the barcode label went.

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Here are two of my three with an original in between - love the florescent color match on the new ones. Sorry for the bad lighting...

BIG color difference on the green. Neat, though!

#364 6 years ago

If I remember correctly, the original TAFs came with the darker green, but then the 'Gold' PFs had that lighter green. I had purchased an NOS Gold PF way back when, and it looked like that, when compared the the original TAF I had out at a few locations.

It's not a BAD thing, mind you - I like them both.

#369 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I think the work so far is AMAZING!
I so look forward to getting my playfields.
My original has those slivers showing in the mansion, so I always figured it was just another Williams f#ck-up.
Now its verified, thanks.
However since you are in current production
Maybe shim the playfields 1/64" to 1/32"to the left to correct this?

I believe, based on what Kevin said above, is that if they do this, the hairline white would then appear on the other side of the insert. (Right side, instead of the left.) Because they were so tight like that.

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

It's not that TAFGolds were intentionally released with a different "version" of colors.

Thanks for the explanation, Kevin! However, they DID change the colors: the Book is 'gold' instead of red, and they added some gold to the logo, like you did in the first run here.

So is it possible that the original films were modified (instead of making a new set) for TAFG, and the original green is gone?

I LIKE the brighter colors, yeah - however, when operating back in the 90's, I had 5 TAFs out on routes and in arcades, purchased at different times, and all had a darker green color in them. I remember seeing the first TAFG, and was impressed by how much 'better' it looked.

#380 6 years ago

Thanks Kevin -
Again, not complaining, just curious to learn. (And, I love the details behind printing processes and layout stuff..!)

This is all fascinating.. were ALL colors on the field a Pantone color, or were there some CYMK areas mixed in? (I *believe* the former, but.. figure it couldn't hurt to ask..)

#387 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

My question is why did two manufacturers get the rights to reproduce this....

Who said anything about getting the rights?

1 month later
#482 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

And as soon as I go posting this, the email to pay up came in this morning.
C'est la vie .

Well, I happen to know that *I* was one of the very lasts, and I haven't heard anything.

Hey, Murphy, you listenin'?

#499 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I still dont see any ghosting???
All I see i the black keyline not covering the white under layer

Opposite side. Directly opposite the location where the white layer is showing under the black keyline.

1 week later
#512 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Got my tracking info 10 min ago. Ups by Nov 9th. Sweet. Will cure on wall for the Holidays.

Same here. Scheduled to arrive this coming Monday.

#526 6 years ago

Anyone get any silvers yet?
Apparently since I was in the backup list, that's what I'm getting. Curious to hear any thoughts.

#539 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

That makes no sense at all....
Why would you give the option to people at the very end of the list to buy now?
Why wouldn't you give the option to people ahead them, makes no sense .

Because, according to the email, it said that they had silvers (from rejected golds that went out) that were sitting, collecting dust, when they could be shipped out.

#542 6 years ago

I'll admit, after seeing pictures on here of ya'll's playfields (Gold status) and now, just getting mine, I am *extremly8 curious about CPRs grading.

Being on the backup list, I got a silver. Mine arrived today, and I immediately unboxed it. I expected the white keylines, maybe uneven clear, maybe a couple keylines around inserts were off, showing wood (like my Whirlwind)..

But holy sh!t, if mine is a silver, I can NOT tell why, except for two issues that.. really aren't issues. First, some clear driopped down onto the bottom of the playfield. Whop-de-do. Then, I have two, millimeter-size white dots in the artwork - one under a ramp (pictured) the other in the loop around the back (also under ramps). Noone will EVER see these when installed in a machine.

Granted, I don't have another PF to compare against, but I am extremely curious why mine wasn't 'gold'. There is not ANY white underprint around my mansion inserts. There isn't any registration errors. (That I can see..)

Pics:
4bma74w (resized).jpg4bma74w (resized).jpg
bkHr9i3 (resized).jpgbkHr9i3 (resized).jpg
0BrMQOJ (resized).jpg0BrMQOJ (resized).jpg
2vScrcU (resized).jpg2vScrcU (resized).jpg

The white dot on the last pic is the one in the dark blue. The OTHER dot is reflection of my camera's focus feature. It's not in the artwork.

Anyways, I'm also curious why this playfield did NOT have the PPS licensed sticker (like the Whirlwind one did)?

#544 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Is it for one of the dimples or drill holes? A few of the holes on one of my playfields had a white dot marking where the hole was.
[edit]: Yep, it looks like that's what it is. Reference photos here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-taf-addams-family-playfield-announced/page/8#post-3973725

Okay, that explains it then - my PF has issues with the wood work, not the paint. Okay. Since I don't have another one to compare I can only use images, and things are easy to miss. Unlike yours, I checked - there really is NOT a dimple there, no concave paint. It's wood.

#547 6 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

This was my gold I sent back two weeks ago. Replacement one should be here this week.

Interesting. I double-checked, and I don't have any of that.. Honestly, mine looks gold as far as artwork goes.

Also something I noticed last night - comparing it to my Whirlwhind (CPR) gold, the TAF has a *much* smoother and finished clearcoat.

3 weeks later
#580 6 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

So just got the email today. Anyone get a silver yet that can comment on the quality? I am worried after seeing the few golds with issues that silver would be really bad. Or were these just a fluke? Curious what everyone thinks about the quality of the silvers this time.

See my previous posts about the one I got. (I'm on my phone, otherwise I'd link..)

3 weeks later
#642 6 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Quick question. I received my order tonight and e-mailed CPR, but maybe somebody can get me an answer tonight.
I ordered two golds. One of the ones I got was very nice and stamped "gold" on the back. The other isn't nearly as nice and has no stamp. Do they stamp silver and bronze? I'm thinking my unstamped one isn't a gold.

I have a silver, and it *is* stamped.

2 months later
#673 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Maybe time to adjust your expectations. Little nitpicky imperfections. Not seeing anything terrible here.

Hate to have to agree, but.. I agree. Back when you could order a new TAF playfield straight from your distributor, you'd be lucky to have one with just those few little 'oopses'.

In fact, I believe I paid $375 or so for my NOS TAF playfield back then. With inflation, that's about $650 in today's dollars after inflation. So price really hasn't changed that much either.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-taf-addams-family-playfield-announced?tu=coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.