20171212_161612 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #199 TAF entered the CPR production pipeline Posted by ForceFlow (7 years ago)

Post #371 Details on green color discrepancy Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #376 Explanation of green color discrepancy Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 9 years ago

No. The reality of it is this: the 'artwork' is a "likeness" of the actor playing a role. The artwork was created by B/W and therefore is owned by B/W, no other authority is needed. The "logo" on the other hand was Not created by B/W and therefore needs Licensing. The only time Licensing is required for this type of situation is when it's a Photo ( like Stern's titles - those all need Licensing ).

Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Will they have to change the look of uncle fester on the playfield since Christopher Lloyd wouldn't sign off for the digital version of the game for Pinball Arcade?

Now lurking in the darkness....sorry that I haven't been posting much, it's just that I simply got fed up with all the BS every time I posted "facts" and a ton of idiots chimed in to contradict me when they have No Clue about what they are talking about even when proven wrong....So I bowed out of the drama....

Quoted from BrianZ:

Where's Rick, Kevin, or Stu when you need them?

If you READ Kevin's post you would know ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-new-cpr-playfield-preorder-system-in-place )

Quoted from tjohns14:

What happened to the FT Boat ramp?

Not to worry, we will be sourcing a few different "used" playfields to develop the CAD File for the CNC portion of the project.....

Quoted from Miguel351:

What I am worried about, though, is will CPR get all the holes, bevels, and dimples right?

If you READ Kevin's post you would know ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-new-cpr-playfield-preorder-system-in-place )

Quoted from Endprodukt:

No FT Ramp anymore?

1 week later
#45 9 years ago

Unless ur Joey Tribbiani, then it's a Mooooo Point.....

2 months later
#55 9 years ago
Quoted from PalomarAmusement:

I'm obviously not sure if the limiting factor is the license or materials, or both for that matter.

However, it looks like there's a very strong demand for this particular title. If you can't extend the run is there anyway that you can do a second run at some future date?

Quoted from KevinCPR:

Without getting into too much internal detail - this TAF run is a rare rare exception.

CPR preordering would normally be open-ended, and IS indeed to get our precise build count when it comes production time. Absolutely.

But - This TAF run was fixed in number from the get-go. (That number is indeed private, and will remain private as Stu said) Reason being, it is a run that was brought back from the brink of death. IPB was going to run these at the end of 2014. Then a sharp turn in their plans... We all know what happened to IPB. So the TAF run died.

Now all those gameboard panels, the inserts, the artwork, the third party licensing packages, and the Williams approval - everything that IPB had lined up (and unfortunately lost), have been torch-passed to us.

So CPR is going to rescue what was the former "late 2014 IPB run".

There IS a cap on this particular run (set by the IPB supplies load). We will stop taking preorders and close the inbox when the run is spoken for. There are still plenty of slots left. It's not a small run. But right now, all the "CPR" slots are spoken for. They filled in about 10 hours. Anyone preordering at this point is falling into the PPS slot spots. Same playfields. Same run. They'll just ship from two different locations.

So the preorder inbox is still there, taking promises as normal. Nothing changes. But this one will have a cap where we have to stop taking preorders at some point. Weird, I know. But now you all can understand why it can't just go onto infinity. This run is resting in a ready-go state. It's only down to who is going to be their owners...

Which is great news, because this means the TAF run won't even come CLOSE to an 18-month window.

More like a third of that !

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

#61 9 years ago

No Updates at this time for a Production Date

#63 9 years ago

sorry, did a Copy & Paste from the wrong PF... > TAF is NOT silkscreen prepping right now ( ToTAN is )

Payment for TAF playfields will not be collected until we are ready to ship......

#67 9 years ago

???? are you kidding me, we haven't even done THIS run yet & you are already asking for a re-run next year!....just because 15-20 missed out on the pre-order doesn't mean we will have enough demand for a 2nd run ( especially the following year )..... True Demand = 150+ new sales

....Unless of course if you want to Commission CPR for an entire run for yourself & then you sell them on the open market....Let's see 150 Playfields at $899 = $ 134,850 for your Investment... + Cost of Licensing of course

Quoted from PalomarAmusement:

the possibility of doing another run sometime in the future

#71 9 years ago

I think you guys are forgetting that Yes CPR has a Sold Out Pre-Order ( for our share of the run ) HOWEVER, PPS will have their own supply of these that we are printing ( and their quantity will be the same as ours )......I'm sure there will be plenty of these to go around.....

7 months later
#97 8 years ago

It will be, Once we actually receive everything we need to make it......
FYI: We already have the Original Films, HOWEVER, we are doing our own CAD File Development, Which Takes Time....

Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I would have thought this would be a walk in the park for CPR

#100 8 years ago

Actually, I really won't have anything to do with this project....Artwork is the Original B/W Films, Mike does the CAD File & CNC Cutting, Kevin will Silk-Screen, Stu will sit back and work on other projects

Quoted from indypinhead:

Just give it your personal touch Stu.....I know the PFs will turn out great

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-taf-addams-family-playfield-announced?tu=Stu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.