By tmontana

3 years ago

Stats

• 659 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 weeks ago by metahugh
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 96 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4CEA3D8C-53F7-4A5E-B1D8-4D3A6113277C (resized).jpeg
47714113-9641-40DC-94CB-210DCE34390E (resized).jpeg
12772CC0-E610-4A29-BDC8-4E4D6049E46F (resized).png
1 (resized).jpg
20171212_161718 (resized).jpg
20171212_161612 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
036BE084-2727-42B6-BB2D-1FC29F530895 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
The Power (resized).jpg
Arrow (resized).jpg
20171127_182440 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 659 posts in topic. You are on page 12 of 14.
#551 3 months ago

Been waiting all day for UPS, still not here!

#552 3 months ago

Received my gold today. No issues. Thank you CPR!

#553 3 months ago

Got it Georgous, came late ups day stated.
This thing is pretty.
Big question. How do we treat the 3 magnet holes on underside? Heat shield, carbon fiber, heat resistant paint? Ideas?

20171110_160823 (resized).jpg

20171110_160800 (resized).jpg

20171110_160841 (resized).jpg

20171110_161337 (resized).jpg

#554 3 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Got it Georgous, came late ups day stated.
This thing is pretty.
Big question. How do we treat the 3 magnet holes on underside? Heat shield, carbon fiber, heat resistant paint? Ideas?

None of the above. It doesn't generate any heat unless it's locked on. Just fuse them.

#555 3 months ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

None of the above. It doesn't generate any heat unless it's locked on. Just fuse them.

@barakandl came up with a new magnet board with fuses in it. I've been thinking about installing it in my game when I go through it.

http://nvram.weebly.com/new-pcbs.html

#556 3 months ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

That's what i thought, already have the fuse inline on them.

Quoted from ForceFlow:
barakandl came up with a new magnet board with fuses in it. I've been thinking about installing it in my game when I go through it.
http://nvram.weebly.com/new-pcbs.html

I should just pull the trigger on that board, saved up right corner in cart for a month or 2, $40, easy insurance.

#557 3 months ago

Ya I’ll have to grab one of those for sure when time comes to do swap. Plus looks like a few other items.

#558 3 months ago

Received my gold pf late last night. It’s beautiful, but there are a couple of issues. Sent a note to Kevin, now waiting for his response.

#559 3 months ago

There's a date stamped on the top edge of the playfield for may 2016. My guess would be that's when the wood was prepared, but I'm not sure. Any thoughts?

#560 3 months ago

Kevin already responded - issues addressed. Happy camper!

3A3B7E02-8560-43DB-8B39-590FB9664C76 (resized).jpeg

#561 3 months ago

Out of curiousity - how many people still haven't received their email saying they can pay for their playfield? I emailed as soon as the pre-order list re-opened but haven't heard anything yet.

#562 3 months ago
Quoted from Analogkid:

Out of curiousity - how many people still haven't received their email saying they can pay for their playfield? I emailed as soon as the pre-order list re-opened but haven't heard anything yet.

Glad to know it’s not just me.

#563 3 months ago

Ditto on waiting.

#564 3 months ago

I placed my order the first or second day of the list being reopened. I got my email to pay Last Thursday.It was shipped last Friday.

#565 3 months ago

Kevin goes in order. Very diligent about it. Way it has always worked. You will get your emails!

#566 3 months ago

Still waiting for my name to be called.
Hoping there are gold's still available

#567 3 months ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

Still waiting for my name to be called.
Hoping there are gold's still available

The preorder instructions page is still showing gold.

#568 3 months ago

Still waiting as well.

#569 3 months ago

I received mine back on the the 2nd of this month. UPS broke the playfield. Still waiting on my replacement.

IMG_2571 (resized).JPG

#570 3 months ago

I had UPS run over one of mine (Sorcerer restore) with a fork lift. You could see the dirty tire mark on the flat box. I don't even do a claim now, after trying a few times. Glass & playfields I look after my customers myself. One glass they destroyed & disposed with no pictures. Claimed it was a hazard to their employees. What a joke, lucky for me my loss is about 2% shipped by UPS. My box set, & cardboard is custom manufactured but has no industry standard stamp. That is a out for their claims. Custom inner & outer double cardboard playfield box.

IMG_0470 (resized).JPG

IMG_0471 (resized).JPG

IMG_0472 (resized).JPG

#571 3 months ago
Quoted from metahugh:

UPS broke the playfield. Still waiting on my replacement.

Sorry to hear (and see) that, Hugh. Hopefully the wait will be short.

Got mine about a month ago. My TAF is next in line for refurb.

Phil

#572 3 months ago

Got my TAF playfield today( ordered the first couple days the standby list reopened). I thought the first one I bought from a fellow Pinsider, who ordered on day one was awesome . This one is even better. Inserts are dead level so far.

#573 87 days ago

I am still waiting as well, would be nice to know where you are on the list and where they are actually at.

#574 86 days ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

I am still waiting as well, would be nice to know where you are on the list and where they are actually at.

+1

#575 82 days ago

So just got the email today. Anyone get a silver yet that can comment on the quality? I am worried after seeing the few golds with issues that silver would be really bad. Or were these just a fluke? Curious what everyone thinks about the quality of the silvers this time.

#576 82 days ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

So just got the email today. Anyone get a silver yet that can comment on the quality? I am worried after seeing the few golds with issues that silver would be really bad. Or were these just a fluke? Curious what everyone thinks about the quality of the silvers this time.

In general CPR gold to silver is a mixed bag of things that 90% of people wont event find or are hidden once the game is populated.
Bronze can be a bit more off registration or small oddities IME, but even those are way better than what you are likely dealing with and often so minor you wont know or be bothered by it.

IME CPR stuff continues to get better.

My last bronze pf purchase was a slightly tilted/off registration of one screen and at the top of the pf. once populated it was not even noticable.

#577 82 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

In general CPR gold to silver is a mixed bag of things that 90% of people wont event find or are hidden once the game is populated.
Bronze can be a bit more off registration or small oddities IME, but even those are way better than what you are likely dealing with and often so minor you wont know or be bothered by it.
IME CPR stuff continues to get better.
My last bronze pf purchase was a slightly tilted/off registration of one screen and at the top of the pf. once populated it was not even noticable.

So no crazy clear issues or inserts being unlevel? My current game has pretty much every insert chipping and wore down to wood around the power magnet. Trying to figure out if I want silver or gold. I realize that silver will be better than what I currently have however I do not want something that I would have to send out for repair.

#578 82 days ago

I have never seen anything like what you are thinking.

They have a general list somewhere on their website that describes the classes/grading. In general I have found golds and silvers to be largely interchangable (i.e. I have gotten silvers that I would consider gold quality and golds that were siliver in my mind; meaning there is minimal difference IME)

#579 82 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have never seen anything like what you are thinking.
They have a general list somewhere on their website that describes the classes/grading. In general I have found golds and silvers to be largely interchangable (i.e. I have gotten silvers that I would consider gold quality and golds that were siliver in my mind; meaning there is minimal difference IME)

Well in this thread is where I saw a few of the issues coming up. They were always taken care of though. Will more than likely go with gold.

#580 82 days ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

See my previous posts about the one I got. (I'm on my phone, otherwise I'd link..)

#581 82 days ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Will more than likely go with gold.

If you have the choice then go with gold.

If you dont have a choice, then silvers are still nice

#582 82 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

See my previous posts about the one I got. (I'm on my phone, otherwise I'd link..)

Wonder if you just got lucky because that is nicer than some of the golds that were shown with issues.

#583 82 days ago

Gold issues are just oversights, I wouldn’t worry about silver due to a few blemished golds that went out overlooked. I had gotten a blemished gold of another playfield and it was replaced with a silver.

The silver looks fantastic and while not quite as perfect as a gold does not have any issues that would ever be visible assembled.

The gold Addams I got is as close to perfection as I think you can get considering the medium.

#584 82 days ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Wonder if you just got lucky because that is nicer than some of the golds that were shown with issues.

Frankly, its a crap shoot. I purchased a gold playfield (not TAF) and sent it back. Had too many issues that I could see. I know a few people that have had issues as well. Regardless, if you have an issue, CPR will attempt to make it right, I dont question that at all. Their communication may be slow sometimes but they are not out to screw anyone. If it were me, I would buy a Silver. If you are doing a super high end restore, I would look at micro.

#585 82 days ago
Quoted from merccat:

The silver looks fantastic and while not quite as perfect as a gold does not have any issues that would ever be visible assembled.

If this is true then yeah silver is a much better way for me to go. I was just worried that silver would have uneven inserts or crazy registration issues.

#586 81 days ago

Received my silver and I'm very happy with it.

There are some minor defects in the green but as they stated the green is somewhat translucent so its hard to be perfect.

I can say the clearcoat looks very nice, looks like a good quality urethane and thick enough to level the playfield inserts.

20171127_182400 (resized).jpg

20171127_182430 (resized).jpg

20171127_182440 (resized).jpg

#587 81 days ago

My gold had these small flaws.

Arrow (resized).jpg

The Power (resized).jpg

#588 80 days ago
Quoted from Orbian:

My gold had these small flaws.

That yellow flaw is pretty glaring actually.

Quoted from ckcsm:

Received my silver and I'm very happy with it.
There are some minor defects in the green but as they stated the green is somewhat translucent so its hard to be perfect.
I can say the clearcoat looks very nice, looks like a good quality urethane and thick enough to level the playfield inserts.

Thinking silver it is then!

#589 80 days ago

Received my email last week, waiting list addition first day it reopened.
Although Gold was available I chose Silver .
Thanks CPR .

#590 80 days ago

Wait I am confused. Sending the payment and it defaults to sending funds as CAD. Is this what they want or do they want USD?

#591 80 days ago

They want US dollar as payment

#592 80 days ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Wait I am confused. Sending the payment and it defaults to sending funds as CAD. Is this what they want or do they want USD?

Kevin is in Canada I believe ,
So when you make the payment in USD it converts it CAD.

#593 80 days ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

They want US dollar as payment

Thanks, money sent for silver.

#594 80 days ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Thanks, money sent for silver.

It ships out of Canada, he will send you a tracking number when it's shipped.

I think the machine is well worth investing in the new playfield; I didn't think mine was that bad until I received the new one to compare, wow the colors and look really pop.

#595 80 days ago

I've got a gold I can let loose for $900 + shipping so I can get my money back out. Sold my TAF. Was in on the initial orders so it has the gold lettering.

#596 78 days ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Sorry to hear (and see) that, Hugh. Hopefully the wait will be short.
Got mine about a month ago. My TAF is next in line for refurb.
Phil

I received my replacement today! UPS got this one to me without damage after many shipping delays on their part. Thanks CPR!

#597 78 days ago

I actually went with a Mirco and its perfect. Ordered and shipped same day.

#598 78 days ago

Folks,

Just a general update and a few comments:

We're in the homestretch to get the last of the TAFs rolled out to everybody. The balance of December and possibly a couple weeks into January to see the last ones away to paid customers. We're putting out the last waves of emails this week, and the final folks will have 2-4 weeks to make payment... meanwhile as the last waves of TAFs emerge from clearcoat, we'll be shipping for these last payments over the next 3-6 weeks until all are done. IF there are any leftovers, we'll be posting them to our site for general public sales. It's going to be close.

Keep in mind, this was a gigantic run made to serve 3 years of counting heads & taking names. The original "200" plan to finish the revived IPB mission (after their bankruptcy) quietly went out the window in the first year, after seeing the speed of preorder slot sellout... with close negotiation, our run was extended to much much bigger numbers. So our goal was to serve a Preorder List, a huge re-opened Waiting List, and in the end a Standby List for leftovers. Wanting to serve not only everybody, by guaranteeing them a playfield, but for allowing potential multiples if folks wanted more than one. This run was like three to five typical "CPR runs" in total... squeezed into Q4 2017 as the release time.

Yes, we thought we'd see all these off in 2 months. It's become 3 months. We learned for the first time, our clearcoater could not keep up with this pace of distribution. With clearcoating being the last step, we're getting them paid and shipped faster than we get them out of clearcoat... creating shipping surges, then quiet lulls in between. That is why some people shipped 3-4 weeks after payment, and some the same day of payment. This was NOT a "make a bunch of playfields and just put them up for sale" project. This was planned and assessed for years - to be the run of all runs. To get everybody served, and have plenty for extras and multiples. That is why the 'other' TAF run was so confusing, and not required... but oh well.

Lastly, as for the recent meme of "CPR Golds have potential issues" in this thread... just remember that 10-12 guys showing tiny things found are the results after hundreds and hundreds of playfields have shipped. It's the old addage: "the unpleased will speak up and report, the pleased will have nothing to show or report". So while we appreciate those happy folks who showed their beautiful open box pics, keep in mind that the 'issues' always get the attention, and we know that. We work 1-on-1 with any customers coming to us to make their case and seek exchanges. It's not a big deal, we're easy to work with. It's also important that folks remember that CPR Gold is a grading score of 97, 98 or 99 out of 100. That's a 3% leeway from "perfect" (no playfield is perfect). While some of the Silver guys have allegedly found no issues... they are simply not seeing what I saw Which I guess is a good thing. Different eyes see different things. As proven by some of the stuff I missed ! No worries - we exchange when shown the case. As long as people are happy with their final keeper, it's not difficult to solve.

That's it for now. The last of the run is up for grabs, and we're doing the final emails all this week. PLUS we're going to re-email the WHOLE set of groups again, in ASCII format email, as we found out some ISPs put our colorful HTML emails into the spam folder ! Just to make sure nobody misses this time in the hobby.

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

#599 78 days ago

Kevin,

Thanks for putting out a quality product; I'm very happy with mine and also a Joker Poker I bought from you.

I must say the clearcoat looks excelent; I'm in the automotive body business and see clear sprayed ever day and can see yours is very nice.

#600 78 days ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Just to make sure nobody misses this time in the hobby.

CHEERS, Nicely done.
Thanks Kevin

There are 659 posts in topic. You are on page 12 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside