1 (resized).jpg
20171212_161718 (resized).jpg
20171212_161612 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 692 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.
#451 6 years ago

Thanks Kevin for the info. Look toward to getting this play field.

#452 6 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

General response to everybody wondering this:
We've always done weekly waves of Instructions Emails, about 40 a week, until everybody is contacted, paid up, and shipped in orderly fashion. In 13 years doing playfield run releases, we've never just done a mass-mailout and taken a surge of hundreds of payments all at once. It's just too ridiculous to manage, and we can't tell who's abandoning slots clearly, etc. It would just be bedlam if we did that.
Remaining instructions emails will be going out over the next 8 weeks, until everybody is finished up. The position one sits is exactly based on date and time their original TAF email landed in the TAF inbox. We go in chronological order, like a natural queue. Note we included the following in everybody's pre-launch teaser email that gave the final details about the finished run:
"INSTRUCTIONS EMAILS BEGIN THIS WEEK
THEY WILL CONTINUE FOR 3 MONTHS UNTIL ALL SLOTS ARE SERVED.
PLEASE BE PATIENT, YOU WILL GET AN EMAIL. PREPARE YOUR FINANCES."

If you're wondering about shipping turnaround AFTER you've paid... that is anywhere from next-day departure, to 2 weeks max... it will vary depending on how fast this huge run emerges from clearcoat. That too is done in big waves (~100 at a time), and we can pack and ship faster than they emerge. So sometimes there will be stretches where we're out of cleared playfields, waiting for the next batch to come from the booth. Sometimes they're right there the day one paid. Either way, everybody gets two automatic dispatch emails: one from PayPal, one from UPS

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

Most people don't understand mass shipping or getting quantities of an item mailed out when you are a small business. Give these guys a chance! It isn't like most of you will be putting the playfield into you machine next week! I prefer things being a little slower and done correctly over bad results & mistakes. Kevin & CPR both keep telling everyone there will be plenty to go around!

#453 6 years ago

Can I ask ,
If I am Not planning on puting the playfield in right away or even in 6 months, What is the absolute best way to store the playfield ?
Thanks

#454 6 years ago

I store mine lengthwise (to minimize warping) or flat between sheets of glass to keep them flat. I also remove them from the box after receiving to let them "breathe" and the clear coat to fully cure

also, out of sunlight (obviously) and in a nice climate controlled environment

#455 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Can I ask ,
If I am Not planning on puting the playfield in right away or even in 6 months, What is the absolute best way to store the playfield ?
Thanks

I've wondered the same thing. Here's @vid1900's take:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-way-to-store-new-reproductions-playfield#post-2584544

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Can I ask ,
Thanks

I agree with others.

Outside of the box for sure as it needs to breath
I put nice hardwood straight 1x2s on the back side to keep it straight.
I think it is always best to let it cure off for 6 months. Then send it to a pro like Neo or Ron to have them clear and let sit another 6 months before install. Granted that is overkill, but if I am doiga swap then I am putting as much as I can into the pf before I do all that work.

#457 6 years ago

Just received the tracking number for my playfield. A lot of scratch, paying it's flawless.

#458 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I put nice hardwood straight 1x2s on the back side to keep it straight.

How do you attach the rails? Just screw them right into the back of the playfield (being sure not to puncture the playfield top, of course)?

#459 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

How do you attach the rails? Just screw them right into the back of the playfield (being sure not to puncture the playfield top, of course)?

I use the holes which will be used for the topside rails when actually doing the swap.

I also will use open holes (like for feeding wires through) and rubber grommet and washer sometimes. Typically the side rails are enough.

#460 6 years ago

Thanks guys,
So I guess hanging the new playfield on the game room wall is the LAST thing to do .

#461 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Thanks guys,
So I guess hanging the new playfield on the game room wall is the LAST thing to do .

actually that is one of the best places. I put them on the rails, then hang the pf on the walls using the rails.

Keeps it flat and displays it while it off gasses.

#462 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Thanks guys,

Seems like you'd be OK so long as you install the rails on the back first, then maybe run a cross-piece b/w the rails and use that to hang it from?

#463 6 years ago

I store all my playfields on the roof .... some with rails, some without. The rails are good that the pf stays in form .... The room is airconditioned and heated ... no problems so far and that for years .

P1090398 (resized).JPGP1090398 (resized).JPG

P1090393 (resized).JPGP1090393 (resized).JPG

#464 6 years ago

TomDK, That's an incredible pile of PFs and a very cool ceiling!

#465 6 years ago

Still gold as of today

#466 6 years ago

Got email yesterday that mine was shipping I think. The ups tracking was linked to full tilt pinball coming from Canada which I thought was odd. Looking foward to having one even though I don't own the game yet.

#467 6 years ago

Just found my payment instructions in my other email account. It was from 8 days ago. sent payment and golds are still shipping. I would think that there are a lot of golds to go before silvers make there way onto the scene.

#468 6 years ago

Full Tilt Pinball = CPR
I believe they use Full Tilt Pinball as the purchasing, & likely UPS shipping account.

#469 6 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

I store all my playfields on the roof

Confirmed: TomDK is Michael Jordan.

#470 6 years ago

Had to google this as a stupid german

"ceiling is the roof"

TAF will also find a place, but there is a coming and going on the ceiling (?) ... some are NOS, some are repros , some are renovated, some are waiting that I find time to brush and clearcoat.
One of the T2 is intresting: I bought it in the USA and it had 2 holes from mounting on a wall (not on a roof) and on the backside are stickers with numbers. Its a proto playfield. I figured out that this playfield was a sample in the factory to give guidenance while mounting the playfields or inserting the inserts.

BTT: My CPR TAF is on its way to Germany ....

#471 6 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Also, as for the exposed white in the inserts, I can confirm it's not just a CPR thing, it's a factory artwork trapping flaw. Here are a few pics of my factory mylared playfield showing that the white wasn't trapped properly behind the black inner window lines of the inserts.

I think the sporadic bits of white between the window frames and the windows are glazing putty to hold the glass in place. It is an old mansion, after all.

1 week later
#472 6 years ago

Well I made payment for mine over 2 weeks ago and have not even herd a peep from CPR. They are one piss poor company when it comes to communication.

#473 6 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Well I made payment for mine over 2 weeks ago and have not even herd a peep from CPR. They are one piss poor company when it comes to communication.

It is definitely a bit frustrating. I know I came in on the VERY end of this PF run, so I know it'll be a while before I hear anything. The original teaser email was almost 2 months ago, and I remember it said from Sept to Nov it was nothing but TAF PF runs. That being said, I guess I'll hear from them in Decemberish....

#474 6 years ago

I was under the impression that they were all ready to go and just needed to be boxed and shipped

But, since it had been about 2 weeks since I placed my order, I emailed Kevin and he got back to me saying that the next batch of playfields were still being clear coated. But that was 2 weeks ago now, so it has almost been a full month so far.

#475 6 years ago

Thanx for the info. I was getting a little anxious. I paid 0ct. 1st.

#476 6 years ago

Old news..always been this way. Didnt figure Addams would be any different.

#477 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Old news..always been this way. Didnt figure Addams would be any different.

For some of us, this is the first PF order we've done with them "as they are being made" - so while that's old news to you - it's news to us.

#478 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

For some of us, this is the first PF order we've done with them "as they are being made" - so while that's old news to you - it's news to us.

Sorry man, yes ive been down this rodeo for a few titles. As much a a 2-3 year wait for Fathom..
And to clarify i was noting the communication factor, never been one of there high points.

#479 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Sorry man, yes ive been down this rodeo for a few titles. As much a a 2-3 year wait for Fathom..

No biggie : ). Figured you were a veteran of CPR. I wish their comm was just a LIL bit better. I do respect that they "only post when they have to", btu at the same time, holding up nearly $1000 in anticipation is a bit annoying.

Like the old saying goes: "A penny today is worth more than a dollar next week."

#480 6 years ago

try ordering a playfield from stern. I waited an entire year to get mine without a peep whatsoever

#481 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

It is definitely a bit frustrating. I know I came in on the VERY end of this PF run, so I know it'll be a while before I hear anything. The original teaser email was almost 2 months ago, and I remember it said from Sept to Nov it was nothing but TAF PF runs. That being said, I guess I'll hear from them in Decemberish....

And as soon as I go posting this, the email to pay up came in this morning.

C'est la vie .

#482 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

C'est la vie .

Well, I happen to know that *I* was one of the very lasts, and I haven't heard anything.

Hey, Murphy, you listenin'?

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

C'est la vie .

Yeah still waiting here. I was late as well. When it gets here it gets here. Not overly concerned.

#484 6 years ago

Are emails still being sent out? I got a "you're in" email and it tells me to wait for further instructions. Nothing yet. Are others also waiting?

Rev

#485 6 years ago

I just received my payment due notification today.

#486 6 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

I just received my payment due notification today.

So they sent out another batch of those notification without yet shipping the ones from the earlier notifications?

#487 6 years ago

been 3 weeks for me

#488 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

So they sent out another batch of those notification without yet shipping the ones from the earlier notifications?

Better take payment before people go to Mirco.

#489 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Pretty much. How’s the quality on these?

#490 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Pretty much. How’s the quality on these?

Mine came in really nice. one insert had very slight ghosting, but otherwise good.

#491 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Mine came in really nice. one insert had very slight ghosting, but otherwise good.

Was that on the Mirco or the CPR with the slight ghosting?

#492 6 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Was that on the Mirco or the CPR with the slight ghosting?

CPR

20171023_175730 (resized).jpg20171023_175730 (resized).jpg

#493 6 years ago

where is the ghosting? I dont see any

Quoted from lordloss:

I dont think people will bail on CPR when they committed in advance. It would also mean you get put at the no sell line for future title so would be pretty dumb to bail.

Also of note, the CPR ones are a MUCH better wood quality IMO. Isaw the other ones in person at expo and did not like all the 'fixes' they did. The CPR ones are much closer to original look and quality.

#494 6 years ago

With flash

20171023_182538 (resized).jpg20171023_182538 (resized).jpg

#495 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Yep, that's definitely true. Paid with my CC through PayPal so if things go quiet for a month or two = refund, and then to Mirco I go.

I stayed with CPR as I got in near the end of the pre-order, and this level of effort deserves loyalty. If my money gets taken and I sit here twiddling my thumbs for a month or two, I'll take it right back and go to the competition. That's the beauty when you're not the only game in town; I have a choice to give my money to your competitor if you're going to take my money, not send me what I paid for, and go "zero chat" with me.

Nothing personal, just business, and if you represent a bad business model - not my problem.

#496 6 years ago

Is it really required for another post from Kevin about how the ordering process works.... again?

Quoted from NPO:

Yep, that's definitely true. Paid with my CC through PayPal so if things go quiet for a month or two = refund, and then to Mirco I go.

See

Quoted from KevinCPR:

General response to everybody wondering this:
We've always done weekly waves of Instructions Emails, about 40 a week, until everybody is contacted, paid up, and shipped in orderly fashion. In 13 years doing playfield run releases, we've never just done a mass-mailout and taken a surge of hundreds of payments all at once. It's just too ridiculous to manage, and we can't tell who's abandoning slots clearly, etc. It would just be bedlam if we did that.
Remaining instructions emails will be going out over the next 8 weeks, until everybody is finished up. The position one sits is exactly based on date and time their original TAF email landed in the TAF inbox. We go in chronological order, like a natural queue. Note we included the following in everybody's pre-launch teaser email that gave the final details about the finished run:
"INSTRUCTIONS EMAILS BEGIN THIS WEEK
THEY WILL CONTINUE FOR 3 MONTHS UNTIL ALL SLOTS ARE SERVED.
PLEASE BE PATIENT, YOU WILL GET AN EMAIL. PREPARE YOUR FINANCES."

If you're wondering about shipping turnaround AFTER you've paid... that is anywhere from next-day departure, to 2 weeks max... it will vary depending on how fast this huge run emerges from clearcoat. That too is done in big waves (~100 at a time), and we can pack and ship faster than they emerge. So sometimes there will be stretches where we're out of cleared playfields, waiting for the next batch to come from the booth. Sometimes they're right there the day one paid. Either way, everybody gets two automatic dispatch emails: one from PayPal, one from UPS

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

#497 6 years ago

This is probably the key portion:

Quoted from KevinCPR:

If you're wondering about shipping turnaround AFTER you've paid... that is anywhere from next-day departure, to 2 weeks max... it will vary depending on how fast this huge run emerges from clearcoat

#498 6 years ago

I still dont see any ghosting???

All I see i the black keyline not covering the white under layer

#499 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I still dont see any ghosting???
All I see i the black keyline not covering the white under layer

Opposite side. Directly opposite the location where the white layer is showing under the black keyline.

#500 6 years ago

See it. Thanks for the picture. That actually looks a little more like a slight registration anomaly than ghosting.
On one side there is a slight lack of overlap on the lower it is screened more towards the opposite corner and less where the insert is glued in so not covering as well in the bordering.
I think the lines are like 1/16th so it is possible that it is a 1/16th off center on that insert.
Not trying to hype or critique either product just letting you know what I think I see there.
If all else is good though looks nice. I have seen much worse on NOS.
We went from zero to one hundred on TAF playfields with these two choices

There are 692 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-taf-addams-family-playfield-announced/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.