20171212_161612 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #199 TAF entered the CPR production pipeline Posted by ForceFlow (7 years ago)

Post #371 Details on green color discrepancy Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #376 Explanation of green color discrepancy Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 692 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.
#2 9 years ago

Yay, sucks that I just paid $1200 for an IPB one, but at least I have it now. With at least 5 playfields in front of it looks like it might be about 2 years for it to be produced.

#3 9 years ago

I'm in for one.

#5 9 years ago

Figures. A friend spent some big $$$ to have a playfield restored (just a few months ago). This is about half price.

I guess that was a transfer from Rick buying IPD?

I though there was some ongoing license issues that made this problematic?

Regardless, I love my CPR Cyclone playfiled. Tons of respect for the team at CPR. Glad they are keeping this hobby alive.

#6 9 years ago

Will they have to change the look of uncle fester on the playfield since Christopher Lloyd wouldn't sign off for the digital version of the game for Pinball Arcade?

#7 9 years ago

Where's Rick, Kevin, or Stu when you need them?

#8 9 years ago

I'm sure they will show up if we keep this up near the top.

#9 9 years ago

What happened to the FT Boat ramp? I thought that would be easy to make. Just preordered 2 playfields. FT and TAF.

#10 9 years ago

Might get one of those EATPM's as well...

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from tjohns14:

What happened to the FT Boat ramp? I thought that would be easy to make. Just preordered 2 playfields. FT and TAF.

What does the link to the CPR page say? It clearly states what is going on with PF's taken off the queue

#12 9 years ago

I hadn't seen their new preorder rules, but they seem very sensible and fair to me.

#13 9 years ago

in

#14 9 years ago

With Stu and the usuals behind the scenes, I'm not at all worried about the artwork. Hell, even IPB eventually got that damn near perfect.

What I am worried about, though, is will CPR get all the holes, bevels, and dimples right? 'Cause IPB sure didn't!

#15 9 years ago

cpr likes to stick with "thats how the factory had it"

Like on my high speed playfield, a large hole in the left hideout was gone and I had to drill that myself. should have been drilled from the beginning

#16 9 years ago

No FT Ramp anymore?

#17 9 years ago

No. The reality of it is this: the 'artwork' is a "likeness" of the actor playing a role. The artwork was created by B/W and therefore is owned by B/W, no other authority is needed. The "logo" on the other hand was Not created by B/W and therefore needs Licensing. The only time Licensing is required for this type of situation is when it's a Photo ( like Stern's titles - those all need Licensing ).

Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Will they have to change the look of uncle fester on the playfield since Christopher Lloyd wouldn't sign off for the digital version of the game for Pinball Arcade?

Now lurking in the darkness....sorry that I haven't been posting much, it's just that I simply got fed up with all the BS every time I posted "facts" and a ton of idiots chimed in to contradict me when they have No Clue about what they are talking about even when proven wrong....So I bowed out of the drama....

Quoted from BrianZ:

Where's Rick, Kevin, or Stu when you need them?

If you READ Kevin's post you would know ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-new-cpr-playfield-preorder-system-in-place )

Quoted from tjohns14:

What happened to the FT Boat ramp?

Not to worry, we will be sourcing a few different "used" playfields to develop the CAD File for the CNC portion of the project.....

Quoted from Miguel351:

What I am worried about, though, is will CPR get all the holes, bevels, and dimples right?

If you READ Kevin's post you would know ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-new-cpr-playfield-preorder-system-in-place )

Quoted from Endprodukt:

No FT Ramp anymore?

#18 9 years ago

Thanks Stu

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Not to worry, we will be sourcing a few different "used" playfields to develop the CAD File for the CNC portion of the project.....

Oh, there's SO many different meanings I can infer from your use of the word "used". I just hope it actually means a true, low-play HUO example, or a fresh restore from HEP or someone like that.

I did see Rick @ PPS mention he might have a couple sample playfields coming in from the next shipments from IPB's old stuff.

The only real cutting differences from IPB's TAF playfields to that of B/W was the amount of "meat" left around the chair and swamp holes, the missing bevels on those same hole edges, and the CNC bit they used for most of the routed holes was too large(it looks like they used a 1/4" bit instead of a 1/8" bit).

#20 9 years ago

The CPR gang got it right on my Space Shuttle playfield, no reason to think they'll have any problem with Addams Family.

I'm in for one, even thought I don't really need one.

I'm still waiting for an Indiana Jones PF and the three Haunted House playfields. Wink, wink.

Greg

#21 9 years ago

PPS have several IPB reference TAF original playfields as well as the CAD file for the playfield that shows all of that stuff ... no issue I can see ...

rick

#22 9 years ago

This is great, about time another run was done!!

#23 9 years ago

Damn! Long time coming!

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Now lurking in the darkness....sorry that I haven't been posting much, it's just that I simply got fed up with all the BS every time I posted "facts" and a ton of idiots chimed in to contradict me when they have No Clue about what they are talking about even when proven wrong....So I bowed out of the drama....

I don't blame you one bit, you got so frustrated I thought you were going to loose your mind.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

PPS have several IPB reference TAF original playfields as well as the CAD file for the playfield that shows all of that stuff ... no issue I can see ...

rick

I hope you're talking about the artwork and not the milling of the playfield. The differences in the cuts for the holes were extremely noticeable:

286256.jpg286256.jpg

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I hope you're talking about the artwork and not the milling of the playfield. The differences in the cuts for the holes were extremely noticeable:

286256.jpg 306 KB

Looks like the B/W one you pictured is one that wasn't drilled..

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Looks like the B/W one you pictured is one that wasn't drilled..

Not for posts, no. The holes I'm referring to are for the chair, swamp, and targets. The ones that you'd actually see and/or will affect gameplay.

#28 9 years ago

Everyone getting a response when signing up? I never did get anything back...

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Everyone getting a response when signing up? I never did get anything back...

It depends on when you emailed. I was email #9 and didn't get a response as Kevin had not turned on the auto-responder yet. He confirmed my place after I contacted him. Seems like most people got a response after mid-morning on Monday, Nov. 24th.

#30 9 years ago

I was #8 and didn't receive a response. Contacted Kevin and received confirmation. As Stangbat pointed out, he turned on auto-confirm mid morning.

#31 9 years ago

Kev, Stu or Rick can anyone confirm if Diamondplate logo will be on this run?

Rod

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Not for posts, no. The holes I'm referring to are for the chair, swamp, and targets. The ones that you'd actually see and/or will affect gameplay.

It's hard for me to spot any differences when the two photos are taken at different angles.

#33 9 years ago

I just noticed this was up and it is already sold out after just one week of pre-orders??

Why on earth??? I just bought an Addams Family and would have loved this.

From what I have seen there is a really high demand on this playfield. Are they only doing a handful of them?

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from karl:

I just noticed this was up and it is already sold out after just one week of pre-orders??

Apparently so.

Quoted from karl:

Are they only doing a handful of them?

Apparently so.

Quote below is from this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-new-cpr-playfield-preorder-system-in-place

Quoted from KevinCPR:

Without getting into too much internal detail - this TAF run is a rare rare exception.

CPR preordering would normally be open-ended, and IS indeed to get our precise build count when it comes production time. Absolutely.

But - This TAF run was fixed in number from the get-go. (That number is indeed private, and will remain private as Stu said) Reason being, it is a run that was brought back from the brink of death. IPB was going to run these at the end of 2014. Then a sharp turn in their plans... We all know what happened to IPB. So the TAF run died.

#35 9 years ago

Thanks Blackjacker.

I went right over to the site and got so upset that I posted before going through all the messages here.

Understandable now, after reading Kevin's post. Too bad. The world will still go on, I suppose

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Understandable now, after reading Kevin's post. Too bad. The world will still go on, I suppose

I'd like to think that the good news is once they're in the hands of the public, some restorable and original PF's will be out too.

#37 9 years ago

Hi Karl,

Resellers probably preordered a bunch of these, so i guess you'll probably be able to find one when it's released. Just ask PPS if they'll have some extras for sale.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

It depends on when you emailed. I was email #9 and didn't get a response as Kevin had not turned on the auto-responder yet. He confirmed my place after I contacted him. Seems like most people got a response after mid-morning on Monday, Nov. 24th.

I sent mine on 11/24 at 8:21 am so I guess I'm in that boat

#39 9 years ago

I'd say you are definitely in the same boat as me, I sent mine at 7:51 am CST.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

It's hard for me to spot any differences when the two photos are taken at different angles.

Click on the picture and look at the chair hole differences. The IPB chair hole looks like they cut it out, then decided to come back later with a larger drill bit and hit those front corners.

Furthermore, that front edge has no meat on it to place the bevel that is meant to be there. Same thing for the swamp entrance.

As for the picture, I'm just using what I find on Pinside and the internet. A simple Google search turns up plenty of results with people mentioning what needs to be done to an IPB TAF playfield to make it right, not the least of which is a Chris Hutchins HEP gallery of what he did to make an IPB TAF playfield just like a factory one.

#41 9 years ago

Do the bevels really matter? I would think most people use the Cliffy protectors making this a moot point.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Orbian:

Do the bevels really matter? I would think most people use the Cliffy protectors making this a mute point.

I never put a cliffy on a fresh pf. Only mantis, so yes it does matter

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Orbian:

Do the bevels really matter? I would think most people use the Cliffy protectors making this a mute point.

If it did not matter why did they bother to bevel it at the factory?
Yes it matters. The shot is tighter without the bevel. Also more likely to wear.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Orbian:

I would think most people use the Cliffy protectors making this a mute point.

Does making it a "mute" point mean we don't talk about it?

The word you're looking for is "moot".

#45 9 years ago

Unless ur Joey Tribbiani, then it's a Mooooo Point.....

#46 9 years ago

moo-1.gifmoo-1.gif

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Are they only doing a handful of them?

Not at all. In fact, this will be the longest playfield run we've done since 2010. (That one being Cyclone, which we intentionally doubled the run size thinking we'd experiment with what it was like to have extras for a year or two afterward for late customers. We still have dozens left in stock today. It was a bad idea.)

In this case, unlike Cyclone, every single playfield is spoken for up front.

Regardless, the TAF run is a fixed size due to the IPB supplies load, as detailed in the other thread.

Quoted from Soltic:

can anyone confirm if Diamondplate logo will be on this run?

No it will not. It's not on the films. Already checked.

Quoted from High_End_Pins:

If it did not matter why did they bother to bevel it at the factory?
Yes it matters.

Our cut design will follow factory original. Not IPB's. We haven't seen an IPB in person, nor is there one within 1000 miles of here. Don't want to see one. So there will be no influence from what IPB cut in the past.

Quoted from kosmo:

Resellers probably preordered a bunch of these, so i guess you'll probably be able to find one

Distributors aren't allowed into the preorders. Preorders are for you guys. The end users get first dibs on playfields here. Distributors aren't allowed to step in until months after release and buy any leftovers (silvers and usually bronzes) if there are any left.

With the size of the waiting list right now, distributors won't get anywhere near a crack at one of these.

Don't let PPS having these available confuse anybody. PPS' portion of the run is also spoken for. They are our licensor, not the role of CPR distributor in this case. Big difference.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Orbian:

I'm putting Cliffy's on my IPB repro, so yes in my case it doesn't matter if the bevel is there or not.

#49 9 years ago

What do you when when installing Cliffy's on a repro/NOS/restored PF in regards to overcoming the bevelled counterspace underneath allowing the Cliffy to get beaten up. With a worn PF you'd fill it, but surely you don't want to do that kind of thing with a repro/NOS/restored PF!

#50 9 years ago

Thanks Kevin for the clarification. I'm glad i did place my order soon enough

There are 692 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-taf-addams-family-playfield-announced and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.