Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

#1 5 years ago

I picked up a Space Shuttle a few weeks ago that had a new CPR playfield already installed in it. For numerous reasons (mainly OCD), I decided to tear it all down and do a full restore. While disassembling the top of the playfield, I noticed a small dimple in the playfield. The dimple is located just above the top most screw that connects the left metal inlane guide to the playfield (see pic). My guess is the four "pre" dimpled holes didn't align with the metal left inlane guide resulting in the top screw missing the dimple hole. Has anyone else observed this on a CPR playfield??? What's the best way to fix this dimple? Thanks for any/all help.

image.jpg
#2 5 years ago

The tech that did the assembly did the right thing, and moved the lane guide to the center of the graphic. It would have looked odd off the the left side.

Fill the hole with "plastic wood" or a round toothpick, add one drop of navy paint, sleep well.

#3 5 years ago

I'd do as vid said and maybe put a couple drops of super glue on top of the paint to lock it in. Plus, super glue can be sanded, waxed, and cleaned. Just my opinion.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The tech that did the assembly did the right thing, and moved the lane guide to the center of the graphic. It would have looked odd off the the left side.
Fill the hole with "plastic wood" or a round toothpick, add one drop of navy paint, sleep well.

Agreed, I think it is pretty close to center. I will fill in the dimple and make the best of it. Thanks.

Unrelated...I really liked your posts on how to get the repro ramps to fit better. Time to fire the router up.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Time to fire the router up.

That's the real man's way to do it.

#6 5 years ago

Why not put a small washer over the dimples so the post could sit on it. That would cover the dimples and prevent the post from digging into the pf.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Why not put a small washer over the dimples so the post could sit on it. That would cover the dimples and prevent the post from digging into the pf.

Hmmmmmm.........that is a good idea too.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Hmmmmmm.........that is a good idea too.

I suggested it because that's what I had to do to mine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wheeling, IL
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wheeling, IL
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside