20160204_194808_(resized).jpg
20150808_150932.jpg
20150808_150923.jpg
20150807_193414.jpg
screen-capture.png
Shooter Lane 2.jpg
Shooter Lane 1.jpg
Skateball Playfield_CPR_Small.jpg
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

I think I remember seeing it on their pre-order page, and a picture is still up at the top of that page. I'm not sure if I put myself down for one or not, I feel like I did (??)
Anyone know of the general status of this playfield? Is it getting made?

Thanks, James

#2 9 years ago

it's getting made

#3 9 years ago

Aaaaand I'll be buying one.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

it's getting made

Woo hoo!!! Awesome news. Thanks Stu and CPR!

#6 9 years ago

Yessssss can't wait cpr!

#7 9 years ago

Artwork has been done for many Months now ( like 9 months )....

Stu

Skateball Playfield_CPR_Small.jpgSkateball Playfield_CPR_Small.jpg
#8 9 years ago

Ok guys, I want your opinion on an aspect before we get into the CAD File Development ( which is not on the schedule yet )....

I have always been disturbed about the Shooter Lane on Skateball. The top end (exit point) of the Shooter Lane Groove is "Straight" ( as is most lanes ), However, since the ball Curves to Left and shoots across the playfield it creates a "left curve" grove beyond the Shooter Lane oem groove as seen in the pics below. This has always bothered me. I spoke with Mike about it some time ago and layed out 2 Options:
1.) We can "shorten" the Shooter Lane Groove
2.) We can "extend the Shooter Lane Groove and make it Curve to the existing Ball Track line

Notice how the Ball Groove is actually to the Left of the Shooter Lane Groove.....

Stu

Shooter Lane 1.jpgShooter Lane 1.jpg
Shooter Lane 2.jpgShooter Lane 2.jpg

#9 9 years ago

I like option 2 just wondering what that might do to the ball trajectory as it heads across the PF? I used to have a Flash...can't remember what the shooter lane looked like on that. Probably the same as Skateball.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Artwork has been done for many Months now

Beautiful work! Can't wait!

#11 9 years ago

It wouldn't do anything to it, the Metal Ball Guide is what drives the ball in the proper trajectory. This change would be pretty much a 'cosmetic' alteration......

Quoted from bjsilverballs:

just wondering what that might do to the ball trajectory as it heads across the PF?

#12 9 years ago

I think it would look better curved as well but if trajectory is an issue than just shorten it.

#13 9 years ago

3 original
or

safe yourself the potential "CPR skateball shooter lane issue" topic hassles that a curved groove has the potential to create. it works as original. it does look interesting on worn pfs (mine included) but not hideous and i'm not concerned since it won't be an issue in home use on a new pf.

#14 9 years ago

I like shorten the groove option. Nice catch Stu.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

I like shorten the groove option. Nice catch Stu.

I agree. Nice attention to detail, Stu. ...and kudos for soliciting opinions.

I'm going to preface this by saying that I have no plans to aquire a Skateball (despite loving the PF artwork), but I would also vote for the shortened shooter groove over a new curved one, for a couple reasons:

A) It seems like it would be a nightmare to get that curved groove to be EXACTLY where it needed to be in order to hug that ball around the path of the metal. I would imagine with slight incosistancies in groove curve and ball path you'd end up with the same problem (ball wear, just in a different spot). My guess is that would be avoided with a shorter, straight groove.

B) I can't think of any game that has a curved shooter-groove (would be interested to know if I'm forgetting a title that does). That might be cool to see on a new game, but on a repro playfield where you're trying to replicate a product that is as close to the original (decades old) product as possible...probably not the place to start getting experimental.

Just two more cents for ya, Stu.

Good luck!
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#16 9 years ago

I'm in on the playfield. Is there a pre-order link yet? Mine is a wretch.

Mike

#17 9 years ago

I think shortening is a better idea, I foresee more wear occurring in a curved groove.

#18 9 years ago

Like the idea of a shorter shooter lane myself as well.

I have a cad file 50 percent done - which is all the insert holes, through gi holes, post holes, 3/4 of the flipper holes, drop target holes and pop bumper holes.

Would you like it as a starter?

screen-capture.pngscreen-capture.png

#19 9 years ago

We appreciate the offer but Mike will be doing the CAD File Development himself.....

Quoted from swinks:

Would you like it as a starter?

#20 9 years ago

I'm going to be pretty excited when these release, mine is bombed out!
(crossing fingers I put myself on the list, or at least to there being extras...)

#21 9 years ago

Hey Stu, will there be a decal for the spinner made available? Most of the spinners on this game I've come across are trashed. I've not seen anything available from the normal sales channels. Thanks.

#22 9 years ago

No idea, CPR doesn't do decals

#23 9 years ago

Quick question,
How do you know if you made the list?
I emailed a month ago but never heard back.

#24 9 years ago

Wait, did preorder already come back for this? I was on the initial list from a year ago but haven't seen anything Skateball related since CPR rebooted their preorders.

#25 9 years ago

Nothing yet. It was temporarily removed when they changed the ordering model. Kevin was on here shortly thereafter and said Skateball will be on the list again and to look for it on the website. Sign up for it when it appears.

#26 9 years ago

cool, Kevin confirmed I'm on the list, so I guess I did.
Awesome.

#27 9 years ago

I'm on the list and I will definitely take one. As far as the shooter lane, I think shortend would be better since it will be hard to match the exact curve of the metal guide. Just my two cents worth. Can't wait to get the playfield and thanks for all your hard work Stu, Kevin and all the folks at CPR.

#28 9 years ago

I haven't put my name down in the past but can you put me down please STU

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I haven't put my name down in the past but can you put me down please STU

He is not the one to ask,
Your best bet is to ask Kevin at cpr. Try e-mailing him.

#30 9 years ago

no worries, thanks, have done that

#31 9 years ago

The other question is how far down the pipeline is the backglass?

#32 9 years ago

had confirmation as well, stoked

#33 9 years ago

Hey Guys;

We have the inserts for this game, and the artwork, and a blown out PF to CAD from so this is coming in the fairly near future.

Currently cutting Corvette, Medusa will likely start next week, I then have a WPC PF next, not being coy but I can't mention it until the inserts are confirmed as ALL being here. You gotta see the mess of inserts we have

I imagine Skateball will be cut before the summer is out though.

Thanks
Mike

#34 9 years ago

Thanks for update Mike,
How do I get added to your list?

7 months later
#36 8 years ago

This should be the next classic Bally to be made by all indications. Medusa should be done soon, so get ready!!! Everybody needs one. It's been awhile since the original sign up so I will have to check if I'm still on the list.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

This should be the next classic Bally to be made by all indications. Medusa should be done soon, so get ready!!! Everybody needs one. It's been awhile since the original sign up so I will have to check if I'm still on the list.

I would be stoked to see this, but NGS, Paragon, and Space Invaders have been on the preorder page for almost a year now. What signs do you see that point Skateball being next?

#39 8 years ago

Sorry, I meant next to make it on the list. The artwork has been done for quite awhile and the sign up list was up then down. Should be next to sign up! (fingers crossed)

#40 8 years ago

I hope you're right. I was on the original list also but will confirm my order for 1 again when it makes it back on the list.

#41 8 years ago

Sent an email a year ago under the old preorder model. Hope my name is still on the list. I didn't even have a Skateball then. Just bought one yesterday. Hope this playfield comes up soon.

#42 8 years ago

Skateball is a great game and a great addition to anyone's 1980 collection. Restored mine about 12 years ago with NOS all.

20150807_193414.jpg20150807_193414.jpg

#43 8 years ago

I'm definitely in for one when this happens. I'm playing Skateball more than Fathom right now.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Restored mine about 12 years ago with NOS all.

Yeah, drooling over your collection right now. Fantastic!!!

#45 8 years ago

Yep, "Classic Stern" has some seriously amazing looking machines!

I played the crap out of Skateball last night.

Looking forward to a new shiny playfield!

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Yeah, drooling over your collection right now. Fantastic!!!

Don't do that, and don't shake the games.

#47 8 years ago

This side needs love too....Though I don't play these as much...Too easy.

20150808_150923.jpg20150808_150923.jpg

20150808_150932.jpg20150808_150932.jpg

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Don't do that, and don't shake the games.

Shake the games, you won't hurt them.

As long as your beer seal is intact, you can do some drooling too.

#49 8 years ago

Shorten would look better and probably cheaper and better in the long run.

2 months later
#50 8 years ago

Is this still happening?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-skateball-playfield-happening and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.