(Topic ID: 215070)

CPR shipped me the wrong playfield & Fixed it!!

By Riffbear

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B3BEBE18-5F3D-47EE-BE9A-28989CF69A4E (resized).jpeg
    photo_2018-04-25_15-44-34 (resized).jpg
    reflex-blue.jpg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    photo_2018-04-20_11-27-53 (resized).jpg
    photo_2018-04-20_11-24-46 (resized).jpg
    photo_2018-04-20_11-24-23 (resized).jpg
    There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

I was excited to see that my Play field got to me so quick! (Australia)

When I opened it - I thought.... "Why have I got The Shadow plastics taped to the box? I never ordered those"!
    So obviously my heart was beating as to (I HOPE THEY SENT ME THE RIGHT PLAY FIELD AND NOT A SHADOW)

(I ordered an Addams gold grade play field)

I opened it and... lol

I need my Addams PF asap too as the installer is booked for next week. EEK!

photo_2018-04-20_11-24-23 (resized).jpgphoto_2018-04-20_11-24-23 (resized).jpg
    photo_2018-04-20_11-24-46 (resized).jpgphoto_2018-04-20_11-24-46 (resized).jpg
    photo_2018-04-20_11-27-53 (resized).jpgphoto_2018-04-20_11-27-53 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Ooops it looks like it went out on a Friday afternoon after 4:20. Good luck making the deadline!

#3 6 years ago

Very cornfusing, looks like rain!

#4 6 years ago

On the plus side, I doubt they ask you to ship it back.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crispin:

Ooops it looks like it went out on a Friday afternoon after 4:20. Good luck making the deadline!

Sorry I don't know what you mean!?
    Ive been sent the wrong PF haha.

EDIT ok Cliffy explained! haha!

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

On the plus side, I doubt they ask you to ship it back.

Who knows!?

All I know is I NEED MY ADDAMS PF!

#7 6 years ago

WOW is all I can say hahah

#8 6 years ago

Did they send the whirlwind pf too?

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from CollinT:

Did they send the whirlwind pf too?

Yes the Shadow plastics are taped to the outer box of the packed Whirlwind PF!

#10 6 years ago

thats not good

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Riffbear:

Who knows!?
    All I know is I NEED MY ADDAMS PF!

Start looking for a basket case Whirlwind is all I'm sayin'.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Start looking for a basket case Whirlwind is all I'm sayin'.

Haha Na.. See what they say in the end!
    I don't need a WW pf or Shadow plastics!

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Riffbear:

Yes the Shadow plastics are taped to the outer box of the packed Whirlwind PF!

Wonder if you will have to send the WW playfield back? I didn’t see any on their website. Maybe someone else got your PF?!

#14 6 years ago

Hahaha oh man somebody in shipping is going to have a rough Monday morning.

#15 6 years ago

That really sucks. This is what I thought of.maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg "That looks good. But who are the Chefs?"

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from CollinT:

Wonder if you will have to send the WW playfield back? I didn’t see any on their website. Maybe someone else got your PF?!

I am thinking that too!
    Its not a Gold grade (I think) due to imperfections on the WW pf..
    They would have to send someone out to pick it up in that case!

Someone soon will receive an Addams family PF gold grade! LUCKY THEM.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Riffbear:

Haha Na.. See what they say in the end!
    I don't need a WW pf or Shadow plastics!

you should have no problem selling the WW on the aussie forums

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

you should have no problem selling the WW on the aussie forums

If they decide I get to keep this one, ill just hang it on the wall..

#19 6 years ago

That seems really odd. To have the playfield plastics taped onto the side of the box. Surely they have a higher chance of getting damaged, on the outside of the box.

EDIT:
    Looks like the plastics were taped to the inner box holding the playfield. So that is just fine,, no real chance of them getting damaged.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from Riffbear:

If they decide I get to keep this one, ill just hang it on the wall..

keep us posted what ever the outcome is

#21 6 years ago

From my last CPR shipping mistake, in their defense they quickly made it right.

Kevin Wayte <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On 9/4/2017 1:08 PM, [email protected] wrote:
    > > I recently purchased a Space Invaders playfield plastic set. Installing it today and I noticed the largest playfield plastic is missing. It's the upper left "Clone Chamber". Can you ship one out?
    > >
    >
    > Yes we can. The next UPS truck is thursday. It doesn't go in the bag
    > (doesn't fit) and requires Thomas (the packer) to manually grab one and
    > tape it into the box. Looks like he forgot.

> - Kevin

Poor Thomas, at least I'm in the states!

#22 6 years ago

keep us posted what ever the outcome is

Will do!

Quoted from Darcy:

That seems really odd. To have the playfield plastics taped onto the side of the box. Surely they have a higher chance of getting damaged, on the outside of the box.

There was an outer box to the PF box also.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

From my last CPR shipping mistake, in their defense they quickly made it right.
    Kevin Wayte <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On 9/4/2017 1:08 PM, [email protected] wrote:
    > > I recently purchased a Space Invaders playfield plastic set. Installing it today and I noticed the largest playfield plastic is missing. It's the upper left "Clone Chamber". Can you ship one out?
    > >
    >
    > Yes we can. The next UPS truck is thursday. It doesn't go in the bag
    > (doesn't fit) and requires Thomas (the packer) to manually grab one and
    > tape it into the box. Looks like he forgot.
    > - Kevin
    Poor Thomas, at least I'm in the states!

Yeah Im not paying out on them to be a bad company or anything like that.
    I just found it quite amusing to be honest!

Kevin is a lovely guy!

#24 6 years ago

wowza

#25 6 years ago

Hey at least it has 3 Disks! Sorry, had to go there....

#26 6 years ago

Maybe CPR can figure out who was supposed to get the playfield and plastics that you received and who received your playfield, and reimburse you both to ship them to each other? Seems like the simplest solution, short of sending out replacement playfields (which would be a much more expensive solution).

#27 6 years ago

CPR is very good to deal with. They will make it right for you.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Hey at least it has 3 Disks! Sorry, had to go there....

GOLD!

Quoted from jibmums:

Maybe CPR can figure out who was supposed to get the playfield and plastics that you received and who received your playfield, and reimburse you both to ship them to each other? Seems like the simplest solution, short of sending out replacement playfields (which would be a much more expensive solution).

Sounds like a good idea! However I don't think it falls on us as customers to do that kind of thing!
    Plus shipping a PF out of Australia - Im assuming could be a huge cost? Not sure.. I know sending a measly tee shirt this morning to Netherlands cost me $28!

#29 6 years ago

Sh

Quoted from jibmums:Maybe CPR can figure out who was supposed to get the playfield and plastics that you received and who received your playfield, and reimburse you both to ship them to each other? Seems like the simplest solution, short of sending out replacement playfields (which would be a much more expensive solution).

Shipping out of Australia gets complicated and expensive
    out post office wont take Playfields (too long)

#30 6 years ago

I would love a ww playfield!

#31 6 years ago

Sh

Shipping out of Australia gets complicated and expensive
    out post office wont take Playfields (too long)

Ah well Guess that answers that!

#32 6 years ago

Assume you have reached out to CPR?

#33 6 years ago

Oh wow that sucks, hope you get it sorted with CPR soon. I'll buy the Shadow plastics from you if you decide to sell them.

#34 6 years ago

Bummer! Anyone by you need a WW playfield? And is the back dimpled?

#35 6 years ago

Guys, No need to panic!

This looks to be a simple case of his UPS label getting stuck onto the wrong parcel. We're going to get him his TAF Gold, no worries.

He indeed wrote us an email last night (just seeing it this morning)... but also decided to run to Pinside and post. With the 14 hour time difference between Australia and Canada, all this chat has transpired here while we were all in bed up here. The overnight crowd. That's all. He's going to be taken care of.

KEVIN
    Classic Playfield Reproductions
    http://www.classicplayfields.com

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from KevinCPR:

Guys, No need to panic!
    This looks to be a simple case of his UPS label getting stuck onto the wrong parcel. We're going to get him his TAF Gold, no worries.
    He indeed wrote us an email last night (just seeing it this morning)... but also decided to run to Pinside and post. With the 14 hour time difference between Australia and Canada, all this chat has transpired here while we were all in bed up here. The overnight crowd. That's all. He's going to be taken care of.
    KEVIN

I don't think there was ever a doubt you would get it taken care of.

Some folks just feel the need to post everything while not taking into consideration what ramifications it may have on someone's livelihood.

#37 6 years ago

Now that's freaking awesome customer service. Way to go Kevin and CPR!!

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from KevinCPR:

Guys, No need to panic!
    KEVIN

Obviously.

Why someone would feel compelled to post on pinside about this is beyond me.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from KevinCPR:

Guys, No need to panic!
    KEVIN

It always amazes me how "pinball parts" to some people are like waiting for an organ that will save their life! I have been selling used parts on eBay for several years and occasionally USPS takes a day or two longer than expected to get a package delivered. You would never begin to believe how upset some people can get about it? First off typically I ship the same day parts are ordered unless Post Office is already closed. And secondly USPS delivery times are just an estimate. What is the rush?

Same way here - everyone knows CPR will make it right & doing that will cost CPR a fair amount of money. Sad but mistakes happen! Why post before contacting CPR and getting it worked out? If you feel the need to vent - why not wait until after you have issue resolved then do it in a "joking way" thanking CPR for fantastic customer service at the same time.

Anyway - as always CPR makes it right!

#40 6 years ago

Maybe the OP should now change the post title to “CPR has awesome customer service” now that we see he will be taken care of.

#41 6 years ago

I don't see the problem with posting this, he seemed to see the humor in this from the start, knew it would get resolved and just felt it would make a fun story to share. I don't think anyone here would hesitate to order from CPR based on what is an obvious human error that can happen. It's all about how they take care of it and looks like that will be fine. Ok could have waited and shared after the fact might have been a better choice but I don't see any harm or foul here...

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

I don't see the problem with posting this, he seemed to see the humor in this from the start, knew it would get resolved and just felt it would make a fun story to share. I don't think anyone here would hesitate to order from CPR based on what is an obvious human error that can happen. It's all about how they take care of it and looks like that will be fine. Ok could have waited and shared after the fact might have been a better choice but I don't see any harm or foul here...

This exactly. I just thought it was a funny mix up. To me personally it had no negative aspect on the company involved before Kevin answered and now is actually a positive after Kevin's response. That's just me though.

#43 6 years ago

First world problems...

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from Xenon75:

Obviously.
    Why someone would feel compelled to post on pinside about this is beyond me.

Force of habit from an Aussie perspective. It's typically the primary way to get a proper resolution with Australian pinball parts sellers.

Top marks to CPR for rectifying it in such an expedient manner.

#45 6 years ago

CPR has always been and will always be awesome. Kevin and company are world class and will look after everyone.

Should have sent them a mail and gotten a response before posting. But CPR shines whenever anything sliiy like this happens anyways.

Rest easy. CPR=No worries.

#46 6 years ago

Someone just posted that they received the TAF Gold PF from CPR by mistake they called it CBR by accident I believe.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

I don't think there was ever a doubt you would get it taken care of.
    Some folks just feel the need to post everything while not taking into consideration what ramifications it may have on someone's livelihood.

I just had something shipped to me in error instead of what I have been waiting 3 months for. No Pinside thread needed. I emailed the sender, re-packaged the item, and shipped it on it's way to the intended recipient. My actual item was mailed out a couple days later and I'm expecting it Saturday.

This wasn't a small item either. But the way I figure it is everyone is human and shit happens...

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Assume you have reached out to CPR?

Surely the first thing you do is take pictures and post on Pinside?

It seems to be the instant hyperbole reaction, in THIS instance the thread didn't turn into all kind of name calling, but I have seen that happen so many times on here (and other forums) before the seller has even had a chance to respond and try and rectify the problem.

Maybe people should think before they post, as to what ramifications it may have.

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from KevinCPR:

Guys, No need to panic!
    KEVIN

I always knew CPR has great customer service.

#50 6 years ago

This thread reminds me to open my packages and check the contents. Sometimes I order stuff that I don't need for a while and just toss the box in the corner. Somtimes it will sit for months and then when I need it I'll open it up. Fortunately I haven't been surprised with a mix up but I need to check when I get my orders just in case!

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-shipped-me-the-wrong-playfield?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.