• Latest reply 10 years ago by shimoda
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dead-horse[1].gif
#1 10 years ago

CPR - Earthshaker Playfield, Please complete the trifecta of ES repros, and do this. Please

EDIT: Based on info from the posts here...

#2 10 years ago

Copied from Another Post;

Why no Earthshaker??

Ok, I have seen this beat around long enough. We were initially tasked with doing ES and the title is near and dear to my heart being one of my favorite games. We asked for and received the proper permissions to make this PF several years ago. We even had an artist start the work on it and for quite a long time he was listed as a work in progress. In the end as happens all to often to many of us and our hobbies, life got in the way. The artist finally gave up and stepped back to allow someone else to continue his work. Jim Heck of Flash Gordon fame was given the nod to start work on ES when he finished Medusa. Somewhere over the past 6-8 months someone else, we are not sure who approached Rick at PSS and asked to do EarthShaker. Rick, like a gentleman called to ascertain where we were with the project. He was told that the current artist had backed out and that Jim Heck would take over once he was finished his current project. I believe at this point the wires got crossed and Rick went away thinking that we were not doing this anytime soon and he awarded permission to this new group to make ES. While, Kevin thought he had cleared it all up and we were doing ES. The long and short was that by the time we figured it out production had already been started by the others and it would be unfair to take it away and give back to us after they have already ordered inserts etc.....

There was no bad blood and the only person who is really out is Jim as he was very much looking forward to doing this title. I also really was looking forward to it because Jim is one of the best!

If the other group falters, we'll be there to have it made. But maybe these new guys do a great job and if so it will be available quicker than if we had done it ourselves.

Mike

#3 10 years ago

Thank you for clearing things up.

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#4 10 years ago

How about a BK2K? Anyone doing one of those?

#5 10 years ago

Is Planetary the sole decider of what company does what copyrighted artwork? I've wondered how some companies have run the same playfields, etc.

#6 10 years ago

Both PPS and IPB have the B/W Licensing....

Quoted from Dewey68:

Is Planetary the sole decider of what company does what copyrighted artwork

#7 10 years ago

I saw the response on the other thread, but again, thanks for the clarification.

#8 10 years ago

Any word on who the other group is? Apologies, if it was in the other thread, I didn't see it.

My soul for this playfield

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

I saw the response on the other thread

So why did you think another thread would have a different out come. CPR is a good company, so why is every whiner coming out of the wood work when they miss out or don't get their wishes fulfilled? I was on the bottom of the list for HS, but knew I entered late and had a good chance of missing but I wasn't crying, I did try to prod Stu to run more near the end, but thru and thru I did get one. Now people stop bitchin' cause what happens if they go away...Think about that.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from badpenny61:

So why did you think another thread would have a different out come. CPR is a good company, so why is every whiner coming out of the wood work when they miss out or don't get their wishes fulfilled? I was on the bottom of the list for HS, but knew I entered late and had a good chance of missing but I wasn't crying, I did try to prod Stu to run more near the end, but thru and thru I did get one. Now people stop bitchin' cause what happens if they go away...Think about that.

Perhaps you misread the timing on my posting this thread, perhaps you heard some tone that was not there. I posted this thread before that explanation was ever posted and posted in the CPR auction thread my thanks for the explanation of details. I haven't whined about this here or elsewhere. Seriously, why do some responses seem to come without an actual reading of the circumstances. As far as what happens if they go away? Someone else will either step in or not.

#12 10 years ago

good--- I need a ES playfield..

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

How about a BK2K? Anyone doing one of those?

PPS said this year sometime, but nothing definite.

#14 10 years ago

I guess you should change the topic to : "PPS when are we going to see the ES PF?"

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I guess you should change the topic to : "PPS when are we going to see the ES PF?"

done

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-please-run-an-earthshaker-playfield-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.