(Topic ID: 243122)

CPR - Please reply...I pre-ordered a Diner playfield a year ago!

By Secretsavernc

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I pre-ordered a Diner Playfield a year ago, and received my confirmation email.

“ DINER PLAYFIELD PREORDER This is a receipt email to confirm that your email has landed. Thank you for your preorder. You can keep this email as your record of time & date of submission. PLEASE DO NOT SEND MULTIPLES”

That email was received on 5/28/2018

As recently as January 31 of this year we corresponded regarding the status of the Playfield and also packaging up a backglass and plastic set. Here is the email you sent me.

“Hi John,

I am still Silk Screening The playfields, we only do one color layer a day and allow the color to set before applying another color over it. This table has 14 different layers, I know we have plastics and backglass for Diner available. Not sure on which part of the cup, we only print flat plastic. I've included a link to what we offer. once the playfield is released we will have bundle options for discounts.

https://classicplayfields.com/?s=Diner&post_type=product

Thanks,

CPR Staff.”

Diner was the first pinball machine I ever bought. I have had it since 1996, and have been wanting a new Playfield for almost as long as I’ve had it. Here is a link to a search I did for my name and diner playfield in red.games.pinball, as you will see I’ve been looking for a Playfield since 1997.

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!searchin/rec.games.pinball/John$20Salvador$20diner$20Playfield

To say I REALLY WANT one of these Playfields would be a colossal understatement.

CPR, I’m begging you. Please get back to me ASAP.... Thank you for your time in reading this. I’ve also sent you some emails and would send smoke signals if I knew how. Many many thanks for all you do for this hobby...but please email or call me back.

#2 4 years ago

I got on the list in July 2017 and have not been contacted. Having said that, there are others that been on the list longer than I have and have not been contacted yet either. So you have a longer wait.

Keep calm.

#3 4 years ago

I waited two years for my high speed playfield to be produced. You're on a preorder list it isn't an order. They will get to you. Click the patience button in the meantime.

#4 4 years ago

As stated in previous threads... Being on the list doesn't guarantee you a playfield. Good luck!

#5 4 years ago

They show as clearcoating now, not yet ready to ship. Expect to hear from them in a couple weeks. They are currently shipping Sorcerer.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

They show as clearcoating now, not yet ready to ship. Expect to hear from them in a couple weeks. They are currently shipping Sorcerer.

Diner playfields are shipping right now.

I have tracking info on mine, will be here next week!

PM them on pinside for info, they are super busy right now. But Mike or kevin will get back to you.

CPR

#7 4 years ago

Hey guys. CPR got back to me today with a fine explanation and that if I don’t get an email from them by Wed to reach back out to them and they will take care of it.

Honestly, it was the negative posts I saw on Pinside about a pre-order not meaning anything that had me panicked.

After my last email from them, I am much relieved.

#8 4 years ago

There are others who preordered much longer than a year ago (I preordered in October of 2016). Good to hear they are taking care of you, but patience is required.

If you were looking for a PF since 1997, why didn’t you preorder sooner?

#9 4 years ago

When is the on demand printing going to start? Will all this waiting go away when that goes live?

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When is the on demand printing going to start? Will all this waiting go away when that goes live?

What he said I’ve been waiting for this since the announcement pertaining to the new “business” model. I been wanting a new FirePower playfield however my patience is waning and may just sell it and move on.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When hell freezes over

#12 4 years ago

You know, I ordered something from CPR that I figured was made and instock. I haven't received a shipping notice and they haven't replied to my email asking if it shipped and for a tracking number. I know this isn't some huge corporation but I sent them a good amount of money and would hope for the same consideration I am putting in to them as a company with my patronage. A bit frustrating.

#13 4 years ago

I have had the same experience with CPR. Their communication skills do need to be improved.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I have had the same experience with CPR. Their communication skills do need to be improved.

They posted somewhere, not sure if this thread or somewhere else, basically saying they really didn't have too much concern as this isn't their full time job, they are sort of doing a service for pinball and they will try to do a bit better. I see their point, but it's a business either way.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

There are working on improving and I think they are. Read all of Kevin's responses in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-playfield-preorders-are-meaningless

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

They are currently shipping Sorcerer.

Uh.... No, they are not.

#17 4 years ago

I am on the list as well. I need 2 playfields......

#18 4 years ago

I've been on Diner preorder since Oct 2018. No email yet. Hope I make the cut.

1 month later
#20 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Any available ?

Sold out. Must not have been many available to begin with. In the Diner's owners club thread, it appears a few of us got a gold or silver. Many heard nothing back and CPR sold out the bronzes. Those of us on preorder never got an email or heads up that they put the bronzes for sale on their website.

1 month later
#21 4 years ago

Is CPR still selling Diner playfields?

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Is CPR still selling Diner playfields?

They were.

Sold out right now.

I feel blessed that I got one after 7 years of waiting.

It was like a lottery.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

They were.
Sold out right now.
It was like a lottery.

7 YEARS! Dang!!!!!!!

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

They were.
Sold out right now.
It was like a lottery.

What do you think of the quality?

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What do you think of the quality?

Amazing!
My diner has no artwork. Just thick terrible decals.

The CPR is truly a thing of beauty by comparison.

Now I can do a full ground up resto like my doctor who.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-please-replyi-pre-ordered-a-diner-playfield-a-year-ago?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.