Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by schudel5
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Let them know there is enough demand to make a new run and put your name down here. I know I'm in for at least a set.

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Let them know there is enough demand to make a new run and put your name down here. I know I'm in for at least a set.

X 2 with ramps coming out the plastic set would be great

#4 9 years ago

Yep, interest here too

#5 9 years ago

OK guys, We saw this in the other Threads, no need to start a new post for it.....Just curious: When you guys post this kind of stuff do you ever take into consideration the 3rd party Licensing we have to pay for & the hoops we have to go through to get those licenses?

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

OK guys, We saw this in the other Threads, no need to start a new post for it.....Just curious: When you guys post this kind of stuff do you ever take into consideration the 3rd party Licensing we have to pay for & the hoops we have to go through to get those licenses?

Of course not.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

I do, but figured since you had already made the plastics once that you already had all the artwork done. All you need now is a license renewal and to send the things to print

I didn't say it was going to be easy but it surely is a lot easier since half the job is done.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Just curious: When you guys post this kind of stuff do you ever take into consideration the 3rd party Licensing we have to pay for & the hoops we have to go through to get those licenses?

I like you Stu you funny.

#9 9 years ago

I don't mean this to be a negative fashion at all... I have installed a set of these on a game, and have another set waiting to go on my WCS, which is getting a NOS set of playfields... and I've had this discussion privately with a few friends who have restored WCS games.

The previous run of these were disappointing in the fact that the plastic seemed brittle, and the artwork flaked off them in spots pretty easily.

I would buy them again, if someone could convince me that the process / technology had improved, and that a new run wouldn't have these issues.

#10 9 years ago

Considering what commonly broken pieces are going for these days, you could charge more than usual and these would still fly out the door. I don't think people think it takes no work to do these sets, just that this is a really viable and profitable set to make for CPR - worth the trouble.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

ever take into consideration the 3rd party Licensing we have to pay for & the hoops we have to go through to get those licenses?

No we just figured you guys did everything for free. What would be sweet would be if Stu created a topper of the yellow card woman on the lower part of the playfield. That is if they did another run.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

The previous run of these were disappointing in the fact that the plastic seemed brittle, and the artwork flaked off them in spots pretty easily.

Wondering if you sprayed UV resistant (non-yellowing) varnish under the plastics if it would damage the artwork or protect it? or better yet, that have created clear plastics that are a bit bigger to go under the actual plastics.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

This will be a first hearing anything like this. So I racked my brain...how is that possible?

Then I realized, we weren't the original ones to make the WCS94 plastics. Could it be possible (if you remember the year you bought, and/or where you got them) that you don't have CPR set(s) ?

We were given the film set (Marti Sperling hand-cut rubylith films) by the vendor that produced the original run of reproductions. I believe they were done on acrylic. Plus most inks don't permanently bond to acrylic. That run of non-CPR ones would have been in the pre-2007/2008 era. We were barely a couple years in, and only had made Centaur, Black Knight, and Xenon playfields by that point. Barely any plastics. I believe the CPR run came out in 2009 or 2010.

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

#14 9 years ago

Well according to Kevin these are coming in a few months (2-3)...thanks CPR!!!!

#15 9 years ago

Awesome news! Saves me a lot of time and money tracking these down one by one. Now to order a Pin Decals protector set in advance...

#16 9 years ago

Instead of Pinball Decals.. get the protectors from Pinbits! They have them, but they may not be on the site.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Instead of Pinball Decals.. get the protectors from Pinbits! They have them, but they may not be on the site.

Is there a diffrence in quality? Just wondering why>?

#18 9 years ago

Pinbits prices are lower generally, and the protector that goes under the left ramp is bigger and protects the entire plastic, not just the front edges of it.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

X 2 with ramps coming out the plastic set would be great

Seconded! I'd certainly buy a set.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Yeah, Pinbits doesn't list a protector set for WCS. They sell standard clear sets, but not protectors. I'll email them about it (don't know why it wouldn't be listed if they have it, though).

#21 9 years ago

I don't know why it isn't listed. I was their beta tester and provided input on the set they made for a previous WCS restore for me.

#22 9 years ago

I need a set of protectors. If anyone could confirm that would be great!

#23 9 years ago

I just heard back from Pam at Pinbits that there was a glitch keeping it off the site, and she's going to restore the page and send me the link ASAP. They still sell them. I'll share the link here when I get it.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Well according to Kevin these are coming in a few mo

Where did he say this?

#26 9 years ago

Pinbits protectors are back up: http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_76&products_id=599

However it looks like it's 5 pieces, and the Pinball Decals set is 8 pieces vs. 5 for the Pinbits set. Not sure what the extra protectors are in the Decals set since the Pinbits listing doesn't have a picture. Decals set is $3 more.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Pinbits protectors are back up: http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_76&products_id=599
However it looks like it's 5 pieces, and the Pinball Decals set is 8 pieces vs. 5 for the Pinbits set. Not sure what the extra protectors are in the Decals set since the Pinbits listing doesn't have a picture. Decals set is $3 more.

Weird, as the set I used had *6* pieces. Wonder which one they aren't including with the set...

#28 9 years ago

Hello All,

Thank you for your feedback. We will re-evaluate our set and include a photo today. We appreciate your patience.

Thank you!

#29 9 years ago

I have a repro plastics set (not protectors) on my game that was run about 10 or 11 years ago. Anybody know who did that set?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-please-make-a-rerun-of-wcs94-plastics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.