CA77832F-81EC-4CFE-B45E-DED789C6EAD5 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
CPR from FB (resized).png
IMG_20200626_090345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200626_090820 (resized).jpg
20200429_174655 (resized).jpg
Pre-Order (resized).png
SIandParagon (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zombywoof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

no grading as they are all digital

I know they are moving to a digital, on-demand model, but can someone who has received their CPR Paragon Play field confirm this? If this isn’t screen-printed, I think I’m out.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

Just curious, but why would you be out? Digital looks amazing. It's basically a perfect silkscreen for lack of better terms. You're seeing the art the way the designer intended it to be seen. You don't have to worry about registrations being a bit off or other artifacts from screen printing.
Believe me, I get that people also want originality, but I think you're going to be pretty much floored when you see the digital playfields. I bought the Voltan one (my first digital print) and it is incredible looking. Meteor is also a digital print and looks outstanding (though they did screw up with some of the text on that).
Please don't take this as an attack on your opinion ... I just want you to understand that these digital prints aren't cheap-ass, mid 2000s inkjet printed garbage .

There are lots of reasons. Color fidelity being chief among them.

I spent many years in the screen-print industry as an illustrator and color separator. As a designer, you conceive your project with the medium to be used as a central part of the artistic process. The Paragon playfield was designed for screen-print.

When the sign up list first started, we were told that CPR had access to the original film positives. I was excited that we were going to get a playfield that was as close to the original as possible. Sadly, that didn't work out. I never heard the exact reasons, only that the films PPS supplied could not be used. So someone (I assume Stu) at CPR had to re-separate the design. I've studied this playfield very carefully. I can assure you that was a very ambitious endeavor. I'll look forward to comparing the reprint with my original.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zombywoof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-playfields-paragon-space-invaders?tu=zombywoof and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.