CA77832F-81EC-4CFE-B45E-DED789C6EAD5 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
CPR from FB (resized).png
IMG_20200626_090345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200626_090820 (resized).jpg
20200429_174655 (resized).jpg
Pre-Order (resized).png
SIandParagon (resized).JPG

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Guys,

If you haven't already signed up for the Paragon or Space Invaders Repro Playfields you can get on the Pre-Order now:
http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

Stu

#2 8 years ago

Whoo hooo. Can't wait for Paragon! Come on everyone and let's get this pre-order closed.

#3 8 years ago

I was BEGGING for Paragon. When CPR got the widebody belt sander, I knew it would be coming. I was probably first on the list when it was announced. Unfortunately, some ReaLife issues came up and I had to back out...

...and ...it's KILLING ME. I want a new Paragon playfield so bad!!!

So tempted to throw caution (and common sense) out the window and get back on the list. Who knows, I may win the lottery between now and when payment comes due...right?

#4 8 years ago

Damn, even saving up for a while I still can't afford it.

#5 8 years ago

I'm in, just need a Paragon now.

#6 8 years ago

I'm glad you posted this Stu.
I order so many pinball parts that I sometimes can't keep track of what I ordered. I end up with multiples of things. After checking, I'm in the queue for both Paragon and TAF.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#7 8 years ago

nice. many paragon owners will be happy.

#8 8 years ago

Including me, can't wait to restore mine.....

Quoted from PinsideTroll:

many paragon owners will be happy.

1 week later
#9 8 years ago

I hope so.....
http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

Quoted from PinsideTroll:

many paragon owners will be happy.

Get on the Pre-Order now, don't get left out!

#10 8 years ago

Gosh, I've been tempted on that SI playfield since just about every SI I've seen has a blown out playfield.

But, I'm already in on another playfield, and I can't really swing both so close together

#11 8 years ago

Sunking, get back on that list. You will not have to pay for it until it is ready to ship.
I'll be your banker. I'm sure it will be 6 months to a year before it is ready to ship.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

But, I'm already in on another playfield, and I can't really swing both so close together

It's only money...open up the wallet and let some goodness out!
--

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

It's only money...open up the wallet and let some goodness out!
--

If I go in for both, the only thing coming out of the wallet would be moths

#14 8 years ago

Yeah, I need an SI field too, but damn, they are pricey! almost as much as the whole game sells for. Still...let's see how the SFGE goes...if they're still around then.

#16 8 years ago

Southern Fried Gameroom Expo.

#17 8 years ago

i got on the Joust preorder, but haven't received a confirm that I actually am

2 years later
#18 6 years ago

Have there been any updates on these repros? I know on their site they said that they were hoping to use the original screens, but then they turned out to be bad in some way. Has there been any estimate of the timeline since?

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

Have there been any updates on these repros? I know on their site they said that they were hoping to use the original screens, but then they turned out to be bad in some way. Has there been any estimate of the timeline since?

Nope. They were focusing on getting TAF out the door, I imagine.

1 week later
#20 6 years ago

Looks like this year might be the year...
SIandParagon (resized).JPGSIandParagon (resized).JPG

#21 6 years ago

I read on a recent thread about Paragon that they were having to redraw the PF art from scratch.

#22 6 years ago

Yea I also heard that both Paragon and SI were redrawn from scratch due to having the incorrect films available. Considering the crazy artwork on these, they must have been quite the task to redraw.

#23 6 years ago

The delay has worked to my favor. I am back in, and hopeful they get produced soon.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from jfre81:

I read on a recent thread about Paragon that they were having to redraw the PF art from scratch.

Quoted from JDissen87:

Yea I also heard that both Paragon and SI were redrawn from scratch due to having the incorrect films available. Considering the crazy artwork on these, they must have been quite the task to redraw.

Correct on both accounts but looking at CPR's website they updated it to reflect what you see above in JDissen87 post. It use to reflect that they needed to redraw everything so it looks like this is a go now, which is good news!

#25 6 years ago

I literally just finished my SI cabinet and all its internals. The sooner the better for me as my current playfield is worn to the wood all over.

2 years later
#26 3 years ago

It's been awhile but 30 SI are getting printed right now are heading to clear coat soon.

#27 3 years ago

That is good news! Hopefully I'll get in on the 30. I'd love to get my SI finished.

#28 3 years ago

Great news! Just picked up a SI and will be looking for these!

#29 3 years ago

What is the preorder price on the paragon playfields?

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

What is the preorder price on the paragon playfields?

There is no "pre-order price"......CPR has been selling them for $949 ( no grading as they are all digital )

The "pre-order" price you are referring to was an "Estimate" that was made like 6 years ago....

Pre-Order (resized).pngPre-Order (resized).png
#31 3 years ago

My Paragon Preorder was accepted by CPR on 2/9/18. Are they still planning on running these?

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Are they still planning on running these?

they are running them now......

#33 3 years ago

Got mine done, it turned out beautifully!

20200429_174655 (resized).jpg20200429_174655 (resized).jpg
#34 3 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

they are running them now......

News to me...kind of odd they didn't notify me. Just sent them an email. Thanks!

2 months later
#35 3 years ago

Yup, I put in for a PF years ago and STILL haven't heard a peep from them. No clue on their website yet.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

no grading as they are all digital

I know they are moving to a digital, on-demand model, but can someone who has received their CPR Paragon Play field confirm this? If this isn’t screen-printed, I think I’m out.

#37 3 years ago

My game is apart and in pieces. I’m patiently waiting for my rotation on the list.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I know they are moving to a digital, on-demand model, but can someone who has received their CPR Paragon Play field confirm this? If this isn’t screen-printed, I think I’m out.

I think the big multi year wait runs were still going to be silk screened. The on demand stuff was going to be the digital prints.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Just curious, but why would you be out? Digital looks amazing. It's basically a perfect silkscreen for lack of better terms. You're seeing the art the way the designer intended it to be seen. You don't have to worry about registrations being a bit off or other artifacts from screen printing.

Believe me, I get that people also want originality, but I think you're going to be pretty much floored when you see the digital playfields. I bought the Voltan one (my first digital print) and it is incredible looking. Meteor is also a digital print and looks outstanding (though they did screw up with some of the text on that).

Please don't take this as an attack on your opinion ... I just want you to understand that these digital prints aren't cheap-ass, mid 2000s inkjet printed garbage .

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

Just curious, but why would you be out? Digital looks amazing. It's basically a perfect silkscreen for lack of better terms. You're seeing the art the way the designer intended it to be seen. You don't have to worry about registrations being a bit off or other artifacts from screen printing.
Believe me, I get that people also want originality, but I think you're going to be pretty much floored when you see the digital playfields. I bought the Voltan one (my first digital print) and it is incredible looking. Meteor is also a digital print and looks outstanding (though they did screw up with some of the text on that).
Please don't take this as an attack on your opinion ... I just want you to understand that these digital prints aren't cheap-ass, mid 2000s inkjet printed garbage .

There are lots of reasons. Color fidelity being chief among them.

I spent many years in the screen-print industry as an illustrator and color separator. As a designer, you conceive your project with the medium to be used as a central part of the artistic process. The Paragon playfield was designed for screen-print.

When the sign up list first started, we were told that CPR had access to the original film positives. I was excited that we were going to get a playfield that was as close to the original as possible. Sadly, that didn't work out. I never heard the exact reasons, only that the films PPS supplied could not be used. So someone (I assume Stu) at CPR had to re-separate the design. I've studied this playfield very carefully. I can assure you that was a very ambitious endeavor. I'll look forward to comparing the reprint with my original.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

There is no grade on my Paragon CPR playfield.

#42 3 years ago

I have no idea on Paragon, but I recently got my Space Invaders playfield.
No grading that I'm aware of, so I'm assuming its not silk screened and is a digital print.
Irrelevant to me as I think it looks great and my existing playfield is a lost cause.
Pictures for those that want to see. Sorry, not a professional photographer either...
IMG_20200626_090345 (resized).jpgIMG_20200626_090345 (resized).jpgIMG_20200626_090820 (resized).jpgIMG_20200626_090820 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#43 3 years ago
Quoted from JDissen87:

I have no idea on Paragon, but I recently got my Space Invaders playfield.
No grading that I'm aware of, so I'm assuming its not silk screened and is a digital print.
Irrelevant to me as I think it looks great and my existing playfield is a lost cause.
Pictures for those that want to see. Sorry, not a professional photographer either...
[quoted image][quoted image]

I was on a preorder for an SI. Really want this one. Haven’t heard a peep.

#44 3 years ago

They responded to an email re. getting on a list for Paragon and said they would be getting them up on their web page for ordering in the near future.

1 month later
#45 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

They responded to an email re. getting on a list for Paragon and said they would be getting them up on their web page for ordering in the near future.

Looking forward to this run

1 week later
#46 3 years ago

Im still checking (it seems every other day) for the next run of the Space Invaders playfields. I checked in just too late to get the most recent run. Seems like that was forever ago now!

1 week later
#47 3 years ago

FYI... It appears that CPR now has the Space Invaders playfields back in stock
CPR from FB (resized).pngCPR from FB (resized).png

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from JDissen87:

FYI... It appears that CPR now has the Space Invaders playfields back in stock
[quoted image]

Back in stock? This is the first ever run actually.

#49 3 years ago

This is actually the second run. First run was a few months back when I got mine. It was a limited ~30 playfield run with some special pearlescent clear.
Look like 5 posts up where I posted the playfield I already have.

#50 3 years ago

Well, damn. I missed that Facebook announcement back then. Looks stunning?

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-playfields-paragon-space-invaders?hl=jfre81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.