Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by roar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Slogan1111.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

So just 2 quick and easy questions for when I swap in my new playfield. Should I use stick down mylar around the pops and in front of the slings? Or any other typical known wear areas of the playfield? Second, the side rails that screw in vertically on the playfield edges. Should I repaint them? The paint is dull and my thoughts are to repaint them to better match the shiny new PF. This is a Nitro Ground Shaker by the way. The PF rails are primer grey. Maybe repaint them a more pleasant color? Any and all thoughts & comments are much appreciated. Scott

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I would do it around the pops. That's always going to be a high wear area on just about any game. I also do the shooter lane and the path along the arch.
    https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1682&picno=40559
    I don't usually to the slingshots. It only seems to be an issue on games that basically have no protectant / clear coat over the paint.

Thanks. This machine will be home use. At least while I own it. Any thoughts on the rail painting?

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Is it actually wood, or that stick-on vinyl that looks like wood?

It's wood. Painted stock primer grey! My City of Gold has that stick on vinyl. Yuck..

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I always Mylar the pop pit, the drops under ramps, and places that ALWAYS wear through like the top upper left on Fireball Classic.

Thanks Vid. I did read some of your mylar writes in PF restoration. And thanks very much for putting the time & effort into all your writes.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If you paint your rails, give them a month to dry (unless you use 2-part paint), because if they have ANY solvent smell when you put your nose up to them, they will glue themselves to the new playfield once you screw them down.

Good point. Definitely don't want that on a new playfield! Thanks Vid...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Slogan1111.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-playfield-swap-1?tu=Slogan1111 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.