Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by kjgolf
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Repo_Man.jpg
BlindMag14.jpg
image.jpg

#1 4 years ago

THis is supposed to be a CPR gold playfield for Bally playboy. Has anyone ever had this big defect and know how to repair? I haven't switched out the playfield yet.

image.jpg

#2 4 years ago

Dont repair it! Contact CPR and advise them of the issue! Stu constantly tells people if you're not happy to contact CPR and they will assist!

#3 4 years ago

That's definitely something that should be corrected. Unless you purchased a bronze level or something like that. I think the bronze levels are shipped with known issues like this.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from kjgolf:

THis is supposed to be a CPR gold playfield for Bally Playboy.

Did you buy it from CPR or an individual (who said it was a gold)? If the former I would contact CPR. If the latter I would check out Vid's ultimate playfield restoration guide--similar issues have been presented and answered. Basically you'll need to drip clear into the low areas and then sand.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from kjgolf:

THis is supposed to be a CPR gold playfield for Bally Playboy

Supposed? Did you not buy it directly from CPR?

If you bought from CPR, call them. My experience, Kevin will make this right.......

If not from CPR, then time to read's Vid's guide to playfield restoration. He outlines methods to fix various issues with clear coat....

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from kjgolf:

THis is supposed to be a CPR gold playfield for Bally Playboy. Has anyone ever had this big defect and know how to repair? I haven't switched out the playfield yet.

image.jpg

It's trashed! Better sell it to me cheap and avoid any more worrying...

#7 4 years ago

As others have said, email Kevin. Their customer service is top notch.

#8 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-expect-from-a-new-cpr-playfield

Make sure you get to the bottom of the page, it will make you feel better.

#9 4 years ago

Agree that CPR has always stood behind there stuff. I had one of the Cyclone playfields that Pinsiders had noted that the clear around the inserts was rippled pretty badly. I opened mine and sure enough, same thing. Contacted Kevin and he agreed to re-clear it. He also gave me credit for the return shipping on my High Speed ramp. Cyclone came back beautiful!

#10 4 years ago

They are good people. Call them.

3 weeks later
#11 4 years ago

I can't phone number but have emailed them. But no response yet.

#12 4 years ago

No reply to email. What's their number?

#13 4 years ago

Guess we need a CPR quality control thread, how on earth could that leave their shop?????

#14 4 years ago

I've tried contacting them on another issue and they aren't responding. I'm guessing they are at expo.

#15 4 years ago

No, CPR is Not at Expo.....Starship Fantasy is at Expo ( our CPR Representative at the Shows )

Quoted from dkazz1:

I'm guessing they are at expo

#16 4 years ago

I'll send you a PM then Stu. Haven't heard back from anyone.....

2 weeks later
#17 4 years ago

CPR would never let something like this out of our shop ( unless it was a "factory second" at a Discounted Price do to some flaw ). That being said, "IF" it did come from us this way then it was originally purchased with full disclosure about the flaw at a Discounted Price. However, the picture shown in this thread looks as tho it also has an 'aftermarket' Second Clearcoat that was done after it was purchased and the mishap happened during that process.

The OP did Not purchase this playfield directly from CPR.....He bought it on the Secondary Market from another pinsider.....

Quoted from centerflank:

Guess we need a CPR quality control thread, how on earth could that leave their shop?????

#18 4 years ago

I'm going to have to step in to this conversation. I was the person who sold this to kjgolf. I purchased it DIRECT from CPR I believe in 2011 or 2012. It was the only Playboy playfield I purchased. I did not purchase any "seconds" or any bullsh*t like that.

I got it about the same time I bought a Fathom backglass and I think a bunch of the coin door inserts from CPR. I also bought a Playboy plastic set with it. I was on the waiting list for this playfield for at least a year.

The first Playboy playfield I received from CPR was so warped it was unusable. So I contacted Kevin and he told me to send it back. I returned it and this is the one I received as a replacement. I guess I was more interested in the flatness back then and didn't notice the flaw in the clear coat. I'm sure if CPR looks in their files or shipping records they can confirm what I am saying.

I had this thing for a few years in storage indoors in a climate-controlled environment. When I sold this to kjgolf I didn't know it had the flaw. I even looked at it pretty-closely and didn't notice it. I'm an honest person and would never knowingly rip anyone off on here. I shipped the playfield to him in the original CPR box.

CPR does have a history of questionable quality from my experience. I have had to return three playfields over the years. All for being too warped to use. CPR has always been good about it though. Kevin has always treated me right. I was a little disappointed last year though when I received my Bobby Orr Powerplay playfield I had been on the waiting list for a year for and had to return it because it was severely warped with "Gold" stamped on the back. Unfortunately they didn't have a replacement but Kevin refunded my money. He's an honest seller but I would have much rather have had an unwarped replacement after waiting a year for one.

I feel bad about this Playboy playfield. I had to apologize to kjgolf for it and I know he wants this bad for his machine but this is direct from CPR and isn't something that happens over time. It had to be this way from the moment it was shipped to me.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I guess I was more interested in the flatness back then and didn't notice the flaw in the clear coat. I'm sure if CPR looks in their files or shipping records they can confirm what I am saying.

The only thing I ever really look at is the clear and the paint. How do you check for warpage?

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

The only thing I ever really look at is the clear and the paint. How do you check for warpage?

I've never had any issues with the clear coating or the paint on CPR playfields before.

The only playfields I rejected were so warped you could barely fit them back in the box. You didn't need a straight edge or anything. They were pretty-obvious.

I can live with a little warpage. The wooden side rails will draw it flat but these were real bad.

The story I got from CPR was that they must have warped after clear coating.

Like I said they guaranteed them but never the less, rejects got past their QC and were shipped to a customer on more than one occasion. I find it hard to believe that I am the only one that ever received them like that too.

But as I mentioned earlier, CPR does guarantee their stuff and either exchanged them or refunded my money.

I don't know how I missed this flaw but I never really had it out of the box very long. I ended-up using an NOS playfield I had clearcoated by Rick Stefonek several years ago and just put this one away for a future project until kjgolf asked me if I would sell it too him along with an Eight Ball Deluxe playfield. I wasn't really advertising the Playboy and wasn't planning on selling it at the time.

On a good note, this Playboy playfield was nice and flat compared to the first one I received. It looks beautiful but unless you catch a flaw like this in the light just right it can be hard to see.

I can say with 100% certainty that the playfield I sold kjgolf a couple months ago was sent to me direct from CPR. I know kjgolf wants this bad because he never asked to return it. He just wants to get it fixed because they may never be reproduced again and other than the small flaw in the clear coat it is a beautiful reproduction like all the CPR playfields are.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

CPR would never let something like this out of our shop ( unless it was a "factory second" at a Discounted Price do to some flaw ). That being said, "IF" it did come from us this way then it was originally purchased with full disclosure about the flaw at a Discounted Price. However, the picture shown in this thread looks as tho it also has an 'aftermarket' Second Clearcoat that was done after it was purchased and the mishap happened during that process.
The OP did Not purchase this playfield directly from CPR.....He bought it on the Secondary Market from another pinsider.....

You cant even own up to the fact some crap leaves the CPR shop, at least Kevin is a good business man and takes care of things. Thumbs down for you.

#22 4 years ago

Sorry Vid... love you, but I've spoke up many times when this thread is cited. It is what *NOT* to expect from a new CPR playfield. Remember, with hundred(s) made in each run, all we ever hear about (or the ones that get publicized) are the odd few in each run that people highlight. Just like the ones in your thread. If that was the standard quality of our runs, we'd be out of business. What you are showing are the *exceptions* . Big big difference. Sorry, but that's the way it is. What to expect ? Take a look at any of our closeup galleries. They are all a randomly selected sample from a run. NOT cherries, or special quality. I still get jazzed seeing the new playfields coming back from clearcoat. They are truly nearly ALL "cherries".

Quoted from Gatecrasher:

When I sold this to kjgolf I didn't know it had the flaw. I even looked at it pretty-closely and didn't notice it.

And this is the statement of the century, when it comes to these kind of things. It's a testament to the usual magnitude of these kind of "flaws" that pop up, noticed years after the fact. So easy to miss, that even quality sticklers like Gatecrasher didn't notice. I guess neither did we. You better be darned sure that when a customer is doing an exchange, I personally hunt specifically for a sweet replacement (best I can find) in order to "put out the dissatisfaction fire"... not start a new issue with something else the customer will find on the replacement. Think about it. You don't replace a playfield that twisted in shipping, to an unhappy customer, with another playfield that has dings in the clearcoat... You just don't.

Quoted from Gatecrasher:

The wooden side rails will draw it flat but these were real bad.
The story I got from CPR was that they must have warped after clear coating.

It's not a story. Sometimes thing happen to the wood after shipping, not clearcoating. EVERYTHING leaves here virtually flat. If something arrives "real bad" (and it sometimes happens - sometimes religiously to the same person(s) over and over - like Gatecrasher) that for a time we thought about making a shipping blacklist. Not to blacklist the customer, but the shipping route! There is no way with the randomness of playfield selection that a single guy can get "real bad" warped arrivals every single time. The odds are immense, with ALL of them flat here on my racks to begin with. Things happen going from Canada to destinations, through hot and freezing cold sorting centers, humid balmy trucks, etc... sometimes a playfield will just drink it all up and go from 7-8% humidity... to 20-25% humidity... and it WILL twist. It's just amazing that that it happens to the same people, who do the same exchanges, yet the second attempt always arrives flat. When both left flat. It's perplexing. By the way, when the customer rejected return arrives - I rarely see any twist, and it's almost like it disappeared. But I've seen pictures from the customer end before, so I know they aren't bullshitting.

Quoted from Gatecrasher:

rejects got past their QC and were shipped to a customer on more than one occasion. I find it hard to believe that I am the only one that ever received them like that too.

*I* am the "QC"... there is no staff or department, I assure you. I want to blow away any notion that there is some special grading staff here that is blind. If anybody is blind, it's simply me. I'm the one who individually lays out each playfield for grading, with the Gold/Silver/Bronze stamps in hand, under the 8000 lumen lights on the photography table. I look over the whole thing, glare the spotlights all over the clearcoat, and the tabletop is a hard flat surface that immediately reveals if there is any twist/warp (because it will rock corner to corner). I grade and stamp each playfield appropriately. I've become a pretty picky tinkerer in doing it, as I know what is demanded out there.

This Playboy as shown in the photo simply baffles me.

Playboys were from ~2010, so this is a playfield from nearly 6 years ago. Not blaming Gatecrasher, but it looks like something was pressed into the clear from above. The ridges and ripple shapes are just way too oddball. Clearcoat is not a magical process, and it's not rocket science. When gunned on, it sits like a thin puddle, and self levels. Plus there are sandbacks and several layers done by the end of the process. To finish with that spotty rippley gouging is just not possible off the gun. It had to happen after the fact.

It also doesn't look like it's hard to miss. If Gatecrasher didn't see it, either the camera is very set-up for the shot, or maybe it happened during a truck squeeze between Gatecrasher and the new owner. I don't know.

Could it have left here like that in 2010 ? Possibly. But I'd give it a 5% chance or so. Remember, this was a *replacement* for an unhappy Gatecrasher. You better believe I went over the replacement to send him a flawless one back... that is just standard fare.

These things always stump me, and thank god our wood, glues, inks, and clears have come SUCH a long way since 2010. Cyclones (those damn oval windows that contracted and cracked the black ring around them), Shuttles (dropouts in woodgrain around insert openings), High Speed (hotdog insert crackles) ... all these particular runs that had their strange idiosyncracies that reared their head on a quarter or so of the run... which thankfully were 4-6 years ago, and we've never looked back. An era of CPR going through different wood mills, and different insert makers. Sometimes things bit us on the ass, when we were 4-5 years into experience by that point.

Things have settled down, by today in 2015, that consistency in our supplies, our processes, and our clearcoater have brought us to a nice comfortable stasis... it's very very hard to find a "bum" CPR playfield in our runs. To the point that bronzes make up only around 5% of our run length these days. Around 10% silver. 85% Gold. We couldn't be happier.

Do playfields arrive to customers twisted any more? Rarely. Maybe 1 or 2 a year.... out of 1000 ! Our custom wood stock simply rocks, now.

Do playfields arrive with missed gouges, chunks, or crevaces in the clear? Only if they somehow get past my eyes, and our clearcoater's eyes, and the guy packing's eyes. Three people. Before they even get here, our clearcoater also glares them under big spotlights looking for stuff, well before they arrive back to my shop... or they just don't make it onto his truck. He will hold them back, re-shoot, and use the 3M Perfect-It process to eliminate the smallest of bumplets he may see. He simply hates them, and he's picky to a fault.

In the end, this Playboy guy can certainly contact me. I mean, it's second hand now and 5 years after sale, but there is always something I can do for him. If he is willing to ship it up here, we can send it back through clearcoating for a whole re-topping. I'm actually eager to see this squiggley gouge area with my own eyes. We can fix it no problem. No charge.

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

It is what *NOT* to expect from a new CPR playfield. Remember, with hundred(s) made in each run, all we ever hear about (or the ones that get publicized) are the odd few in each run that people highlight. Just like the ones in your thread

I restore playfields.

So the playfields sent to me are often not the best of your work, because if they were, why would anyone be sending them to me to fix up?

Like I always say, CPR playfields are generally much better quality than the OEM ones were back in the day. With the better clearcoat and no cupped inserts, they are a dream to **perfect** compared to those NOS ones still floating around.

Keep up the good work!

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I restore playfields.
So the playfields sent to me are often not the best of your work, because if they were, why would anyone be sending them to me

Precisely. They are indeed the ones that had such flaws.

My only point was the thread/guide is called "what to expect from a new CPR playfield" - which means ALL of them. At least to me.

It would have been better titled "Warning - what a few people might find on CPR playfields" or "What some CPR playfields might turn out like" or "life is like a box of chocolates, there is an odd chance you might get a CPR playfield like this"

It was all about nuance and context for me, that's all. Of course the ones you are going to get have something they want you to fix. It's the ones you *aren't* being sent (the vast vast majority) that are quite different. It's the thread title basically claiming your examples to be our paradigm. That's all that was buggin' on me. I hope this makes sense.

Quoted from vid1900:

Keep up the good work!

Thx.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Sorry Vid... love you, but I've spoke up many times when this thread is cited. It is what *NOT* to expect from a new CPR playfield. Remember, with hundred(s) made in each run, all we ever hear about (or the ones that get publicized) are the odd few in each run that people highlight. Just like the ones in your thread. If that was the standard quality of our runs, we'd be out of business. What you are showing are the *exceptions* . Big big difference. Sorry, but that's the way it is. What to expect ? Take a look at any of our closeup galleries. They are all a randomly selected sample from a run. NOT cherries, or special quality. I still get jazzed seeing the new playfields coming back from clearcoat. They are truly nearly ALL "cherries".

And this is the statement of the century, when it comes to these kind of things. It's a testament to the usual magnitude of these kind of "flaws" that pop up, noticed years after the fact. So easy to miss, that even quality sticklers like Gatecrasher didn't notice. I guess neither did we. You better be darned sure that when a customer is doing an exchange, I personally hunt specifically for a sweet replacement (best I can find) in order to "put out the dissatisfaction fire"... not start a new issue with something else the customer will find on the replacement. Think about it. You don't replace a playfield that twisted in shipping, to an unhappy customer, with another playfield that has dings in the clearcoat... You just don't.

It's not a story. Sometimes thing happen to the wood after shipping, not clearcoating. EVERYTHING leaves here virtually flat. If something arrives "real bad" (and it sometimes happens - sometimes religiously to the same person(s) over and over - like Gatecrasher) that for a time we thought about making a shipping blacklist. Not to blacklist the customer, but the shipping route! There is no way with the randomness of playfield selection that a single guy can get "real bad" warped arrivals every single time. The odds are immense, with ALL of them flat here on my racks to begin with. Things happen going from Canada to destinations, through hot and freezing cold sorting centers, humid balmy trucks, etc... sometimes a playfield will just drink it all up and go from 7-8% humidity... to 20-25% humidity... and it WILL twist. It's just amazing that that it happens to the same people, who do the same exchanges, yet the second attempt always arrives flat. When both left flat. It's perplexing. By the way, when the customer rejected return arrives - I rarely see any twist, and it's almost like it disappeared. But I've seen pictures from the customer end before, so I know they aren't bullshitting.

*I* am the "QC"... there is no staff or department, I assure you. I want to blow away any notion that there is some special grading staff here that is blind. If anybody is blind, it's simply me. I'm the one who individually lays out each playfield for grading, with the Gold/Silver/Bronze stamps in hand, under the 8000 lumen lights on the photography table. I look over the whole thing, glare the spotlights all over the clearcoat, and the tabletop is a hard flat surface that immediately reveals if there is any twist/warp (because it will rock corner to corner). I grade and stamp each playfield appropriately. I've become a pretty picky tinkerer in doing it, as I know what is demanded out there.
This Playboy as shown in the photo simply baffles me.
Playboys were from ~2010, so this is a playfield from nearly 6 years ago. Not blaming Gatecrasher, but it looks like something was pressed into the clear from above. The ridges and ripple shapes are just way too oddball. Clearcoat is not a magical process, and it's not rocket science. When gunned on, it sits like a thin puddle, and self levels. Plus there are sandbacks and several layers done by the end of the process. To finish with that spotty rippley gouging is just not possible off the gun. It had to happen after the fact.
It also doesn't look like it's hard to miss. If Gatecrasher didn't see it, either the camera is very set-up for the shot, or maybe it happened during a truck squeeze between Gatecrasher and the new owner. I don't know.
Could it have left here like that in 2010 ? Possibly. But I'd give it a 5% chance or so. Remember, this was a *replacement* for an unhappy Gatecrasher. You better believe I went over the replacement to send him a flawless one back... that is just standard fare.
These things always stump me, and thank god our wood, glues, inks, and clears have come SUCH a long way since 2010. Cyclones (those damn oval windows that contracted and cracked the black ring around them), Shuttles (dropouts in woodgrain around insert openings), High Speed (hotdog insert crackles) ... all these particular runs that had their strange idiosyncracies that reared their head on a quarter or so of the run... which thankfully were 4-6 years ago, and we've never looked back. An era of CPR going through different wood mills, and different insert makers. Sometimes things bit us on the ass, when we were 4-5 years into experience by that point.
Things have settled down, by today in 2015, that consistency in our supplies, our processes, and our clearcoater have brought us to a nice comfortable stasis... it's very very hard to find a "bum" CPR playfield in our runs. To the point that bronzes make up only around 5% of our run length these days. Around 10% silver. 85% Gold. We couldn't be happier.
Do playfields arrive to customers twisted any more? Rarely. Maybe 1 or 2 a year.... out of 1000 ! Our custom wood stock simply rocks, now.
Do playfields arrive with missed gouges, chunks, or crevaces in the clear? Only if they somehow get past my eyes, and our clearcoater's eyes, and the guy packing's eyes. Three people. Before they even get here, our clearcoater also glares them under big spotlights looking for stuff, well before they arrive back to my shop... or they just don't make it onto his truck. He will hold them back, re-shoot, and use the 3M Perfect-It process to eliminate the smallest of bumplets he may see. He simply hates them, and he's picky to a fault.
In the end, this Playboy guy can certainly contact me. I mean, it's second hand now and 5 years after sale, but there is always something I can do for him. If he is willing to ship it up here, we can send it back through clearcoating for a whole re-topping. I'm actually eager to see this squiggley gouge area with my own eyes. We can fix it no problem. No charge.
KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

Very classy thing to do by CPR reclearcoating the playfield for no charge. And great explanation as well. Cheers to CPR!

#26 4 years ago

it's a clearcoat flaw. The numbers CPR puts out, it's really impossible for them to catch every flaw that goes out the door. It's easily fixable with a sanding and another layer of clear. I've fixed many NOS and repo fields with flaws like this. Things happen. Least you see it before it went in the game, which would be a lot harder to fix.

#27 4 years ago

Yeah it can't be very easy to see or I would have noticed it. But then I was more focused on the flatness at that point. It almost looks like a solvent pit like you get on a car paint job.

I was surprised when kjgolf sent me a picture of it. I was going to stay out of this thread until I saw Stu tell kjgolf that there was no way it came from CPR and must have been a "second" that someone was passing off as a first. I would never do that. Especially not to someone on here knowing it would come back to haunt me.

This made me look at the Star Trek playfield I have for sale in the classifieds and I don't see anything like this. My EBD and Fathom both are flawless too.

One thing that CPR should consider though that would help them with their quality control is to maybe print a serial number on each playfield. Then as they are rated there is a permanent record of which serial number is a gold, silver, bronze, etc. Just something to give each playfield some traceability. Then when CPR does decide to unload a bunch of factory seconds to resellers it might make it more difficult for them to be passed off as being better than they are. Or maybe drill a hole near one of the corners or something. Anything to designate a factory second.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Or maybe drill a hole near one of the corners or something. Anything to designate a factory second.

As of 4 or 5 playfield runs ago (I think it was Bad Cats), we started the permanent hot-branding on the edge of the playfield. The bottom edge, by the apron area. It will say gold silver or bronze, permanently. At a depth of about 1/32" ... right on the plys. To get it off would involve some significant grinding and could not be done without it being noticibly altered.

We literally have 3 plug-in hot brands, that were engraved for us by a company that makes them. You push and hold the brand on the edge of the playfield, hear the sizzle and watch the waft of smoke, and voila. It's a whole new ballgame now.

The previous ink stamps on the back were from 2013-2014. 2012 and back there were no notations on any CPR playfield.

#29 4 years ago

That's good. I didn't realize you had done that. The last one I got had the stamp on the back.

#30 4 years ago

Thank You CPR! In my experiance they get an A+++++++++. If it wasn't for cpr everyone would be sending out playfields for touch-up and clearcoat. Not to mention backglass and plastics. They have done an amazing job. They have a great can do attitude! I can't believe this community isn't doing backflips over them with praise. Remove cpr and you have a big hole in restored pinballs available, like thousands. Keep up the great work Kev!

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from pindel:

Thank You CPR! In my experiance they get an A+++++++++. If it wasn't for cpr everyone would be sending out playfields for touch-up and clearcoat. Not to mention backglass and plastics. They have done an amazing job. They have a great can do attitude! I can't believe this community isn't doing backflips over them with praise. Remove cpr and you have a big hole in restored pinballs available, like thousands. Keep up the great work Kev!

Completely agree !

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from pindel:

I agree and i'm glad CPR is repoing playfields. I"m busy enough already and it would be a whole lot worse if it wasn't for repos. More so yet, i'm happy they are making the fields that cost a fortune in time and energy to restore. Like Taxi, cyclone, FH and BOP. Those are bitch fields to restore.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from pindel:

We all like CPR. I think everyone can see that.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I agree and i'm glad CPR is repoing playfields. I"m busy enough already and it would be a whole lot worse if it wasn't for repos. More so yet, i'm happy they are making the fields that cost a fortune in time and energy to restore. Like Taxi, cyclone, FH and BOP. Those are bitch fields to restore.

Pet peeve: it's not "repo", it's repro.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yeah, get it right.

BlindMag14.jpg

#37 4 years ago

"Repop" is even better than Repo.

lol

#37 4 years ago

Thanks CPR! Keep up great work. Can't wait for more whirlwinds!

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Repo Man

#39 4 years ago

I'm defiantly going to order a repo playfield for my Paragon, if I don't loose my job.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

no it isn't. It's whatever people want to call it, we all know what they mean.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from boris_37:

no it isn't. It's whatever people want to call it, we all know what they mean.

I didn't, I was glad someone specified.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I didn't, I was glad someone specified.

Me too.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm defiantly going to order a repo playfield for my Paragon, if I don't loose my job.

Order it anyway. Worst case Ontario, it gets repo'd if you can't pay your CC bill.

#44 4 years ago

What do you feed a peeve?

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What do you feed a peeve?

Pinside posts.

6 months later
#48 3 years ago

well, just to update the thread, I took the playfield to my car restoration body shop. They tried, while I waited, sanding and applying two coats, but the divots were still there. They held it for a few days kept on sanding and spraying and after 8 more coats, it came out fine. They were much more experienced in sanding and clear coating with the right equipment and spent the time to do it which I didn't have.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 67.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 9.00
$ 21.00
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside