IMG_20180806_134152639_HDR (resized).jpg
20190303_142026 (resized).jpg
20190303_142044 (resized).jpg
20190303_142059 (resized).jpg
20190303_142035 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53 Explanation of CPR PF blank vs Stern PF blank hardness Posted by CPR (5 years ago)

Post #66 Explanation of reasons for CPR preorder estimation process Posted by KevinCPR (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 5 years ago

Not this again... that sucks - I'm sure you were wanting one pretty badly.

email them to ask if they'll do a direct print one-off. If you want one bad enoug to post a rant thread you'll be willing to pay the tooling and setup costs

#42 5 years ago

The situation still
Sucks but it does seem pretty right on that Kev is posting right in here, apologising and empathising AND explaining their entire business model. I can count on one hand other companies who do that.

#48 5 years ago

Is the digital Printer situation up and running yet ? That sounded like it was going to be awesome

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

Perhaps more anger is implied in my response than I actually intended. I didn’t get my playfield. Annoying but really not the end of the world. I’ll live. And yeah I get it, this is a hobby and these guys started in a basement, and there are many machines still playing because of them. Wins above replacement still way high for them. Mirco with their recent bullying is far more worrisome. I will still buy from CPR. I said as much in the Xenon debacle
What does frustrate me is their continued presentation of this as some Sophie’s Choice. It wasn’t. They had another option of verifying pre-orders before the run with a single email. They could have set expectations for those unlikely to get a playfield with an apology. This is basic business 101 stuff. Sorry for a company that’s been doing this for 15 years they should set higher expectations for themselves. If the effort to do so was onerous I’d understand. But it isn’t, they just for some bizarre reason won’t do it. Beyond admonishment there seems to be nothing to do. When I make mistakes I admit them and try to get better. It’s the last part where they are lacking.

People won't respond, they don't confirm, they forget, they miss the email. If CPR did this, there would be a thread about how "I only missed the confirmation email by 2 hours! CPR
Sucks!"

The only way to guarantee a playfield for everybody is for them to take on additional stock and risk and overproduce every title,
Building inventory costs into every other playfield, driving costs up.

.. or they could do on-demand digital printing. Man! If only there was some way to offer this..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-playfield-preorders-are-meaningless?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.