IMG_20180806_134152639_HDR (resized).jpg
20190303_142026 (resized).jpg
20190303_142044 (resized).jpg
20190303_142059 (resized).jpg
20190303_142035 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53 Explanation of CPR PF blank vs Stern PF blank hardness Posted by CPR (5 years ago)

Post #66 Explanation of reasons for CPR preorder estimation process Posted by KevinCPR (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WeatherbyMAG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

I emailed them last night asking where I was on the PF list. Kevin's response:
Unfortunately, we never got along as far as your list position on this
one. They sold out, down to (5) pretty bad Bronzes, as of 4 weeks ago.
We stopped emailing the list back then. The bronzes sold out on the web
site, eventually. We literally have none.
Awesome. So they will sell all the silver and bronze grade to the general public and ignore the folks who committed and waited on the preorder list.

This is a bad deal.... so basically the way I read that ("we never got along as far as your list position goes") is that, they basically did not make enough PF's to cover all the people on the pre-order list??? Sounds like they barely made more than the pre-order list, had more bad PF's than they expected & never even bothered to offer the guys at the end of the Preorder list a Silver or Bronze, just let them go without anything... not even an apology from what it appears, just a basic statement on what happened.

I don't get it... this is one of the highest produced classic pinball titles of ALL TIME... 18,250.....(not to mention one that almost always has a beat PF due to the layout) why short yourself on this run? They knew these were insanely popular, based on fact they did this almost unheard of second production run? Why would you not run a fairly large selection of extras? The "pretty bad bronze" ones seemed to sell out very quickly....

If you can't cover all of your pre-orders, you really should re-think your production/pre order system.

I've had varying success myself with CPR products.... I'm very glad that they do what they do & appreciate that they are in business, but they definitely are not perfect by any means. I have a CPR Nitro Ground Shaker BG that has completely separated & spiderwebbed after less than 1 year from purchase.... not to mention the art & colors were no where near the original....I chalked it up to a learning experience & let it go. Last set of plastics I received from their new process, had some missing art that had flaked off the back due to the new thinner release paper they are using now releasing during transport & damaging the art... but I'm thankful enough that I was even able to get the stuff that I sit back, let it go & will order more in future, just because I don't have any other option for certain stuff unfortunately.

Just a bad deal on the Playboy Pre-orders, not being able to even fulfill all the pre-orders, just a bit baffling to me, but again, I'm not in the pinball parts manufacturing business.

#93 5 years ago

"JUST ONE LAST CHECK BEFORE
YOU EMAIL YOUR PREORDER INFO...
- You understand your email will be taken as an order to be counted, and a playfield will be made for you.
- You understand your email will signify a promise to buy the playfield at release, when it is ready for you."

This is what I think needs changed on their Pre-order deal.... don't claim that a PF will be made for you, if you truly can't deliver that. Make people more aware that the small potential for a sell out/under production run is there & that no guarantee is made that if you are on the preorder list that you will get a PF of any grade.....

I think if some of the wording etc was changed, people who got shorted would be a bit more understanding, but the way it is worded now sure implies that product will be delivered if you are on the list & as we've seen with Xenon & PB this is not always the case.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 10.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WeatherbyMAG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-playfield-preorders-are-meaningless?tu=WeatherbyMAG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.