2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by dq13
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dq13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Are there any drawbacks in general to CPR playfields to be aware of? They seem to have the highest quality rating from what I've seen here. I put in a Hardtop a year ago, but ironically that process has given me the confidence to do a full swap. I will enjoy the Hardtop for the next few years while the playfield would sit. What are best practices for long-term storage? Horizontally flat? Is all this worth the blowback of not telling my wife?

#3 2 years ago

Yep

Anything I should rest it on/put it between?

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

Depends on your penchant for accurate artwork. They seem to hit playfield art with some kind of autovector which adds very thick, melted looking keylines and removes small details. Often their fonts aren't a good match, either. You'll see it on Space Shuttle, Meteor, Seawitch, Dr. Who (upper playfield), Swords of Fury (plastics), Dolly Parton to name a few off the top of my head. Doesn't bother some but it is a dealbreaker for me. I've been in line to purchase most of the above at one point or another and bailed when I saw the art. No idea what assets they have for Pinbot but I'd expect to find the same. It's a shame because the hardtop guys do an amazing job on the art. Wish it could find its way onto a repro playfield.

This is enough to give me pause on this. Thanks

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

I did a Pinbot swap. Very tough one to do as dimpled holes were a little off. Turned out stunning and overall happy with CPR. Its tough to have everything perfect on 30+ year old games and specs. Glad they are around.

Did you notice any of the digital art depreciation/pixelation/blurring noted above? I concede that I wouldn't get something that looks like it's right off the manufacturing line in 1986, but I also don't want something with resolution issues that looks like I printed it off at work in 2021.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's not quite what A_Bord meant.
Here is a good comparison with the Dolly Parton playfield:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-dolly-parton-playfield-review-not-great#post-6444043

Thanks for this. Ok, Pinbot doesn't have as many intricacies in the art, so this may not be as big an issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dq13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-playfield-pinbot?tu=dq13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.