(Topic ID: 81081)

CPR PLAYFIELD CLEARANCE - Ebay Auctions Running Now

By KevinCPR

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

No space shuttles huh? Ed

I asked about what they had left as far as Shuttle playfields went, several weeks ago, and was told they were waiting for them to come back from clearing... never heard anything else.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from brent149:

It still amazes me that people just wait to see what's popular on pinside and jump on the bandwagon.the space shuttles are a great example. They were there for purchase for over a year and people are acting offended they couldn't get one.

I DID buy one, install it, and sold the game. A set of plastics too. Now I have another set of plastics and a backglass. I'm looking for a lower quality PF to install in a beater game with these..I don't care if it's got flaws on it or not this time around, so I asked. I fail to see any offended-ness here, other than the offense I'm taking to your post.

They're still available for purchase, but I figured since I don't care about how it LOOKS at this point, other than it's not beat to hell, I'd go after the known defect playfields, not the ones from like PPS/BAA that should be silvers. Excuse us for leaving the better product to the rest of you to purchase.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Honestly I think you guys should maybe try not so hard for once at something, and raise your prices. Speaking as a customer, who has bought your products and plans to buy more, I would happily pay an increase to keep you guys that much less stressed and that much more likely to keep putting up with us. Because pinball people are awesome, but we're also just terrible.
I'm really serious. Doesn't have to be a lot. Maybe 10% would do it. 15%? What would let you hit a profit on say, playfield 7 instead of 8. Or 6 instead of 7.

Can't say I'd necessarily disagree either. I mean, come on, how many IPB or Mirco playfields have had art errors on them that have had to be corrected by the end user, and they charge like 800-1000$. I've only ever seen one art error on a CPR playfield, and it was the color of a shirt on one of the "pedestrians" up by the lane guides where there are a million little guys walking around. Nobody would ever see it once it's installed, and nobody in their right mind would pay to get it fixed and re-cleared....unlike Willie's hat.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

there will be > Starship Fantasy = "CPR At The Shows"

Who is totally awesome I might add. Last year they had a big box of random plastics...we bought a ton of separates.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Isn't the general theory that you invest in more capacity if you have the ROI on the sales of the increased output and forsee the demand to be sustained?
If the distributors are willing to buy the inventory and are interested in more than you can produce... isn't that saying the manufacturing capacity is the factor holding back the company?
You outlined a great argument about the cost of inventory and the up-front cost... but then say you would have no problem selling it. Kind of answering your own concern. If the problem is manufacturing capacity, and not sunk cost in stale inventory... that leaves the capacity. Sounds like 'you gotta spend money to make money', no?
I can certainly understand if CPR wants to 'right size' their business to their personal desires... but to your 'is this thing on' comments.. it's because the issues you outlined are resolvable.. especially if you have sustained demand for anything you can produce.

You're aware they recently moved to a bigger place, right?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-playfield-clearance-ebay-auctions-running-now?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.