(Topic ID: 230956)

CPR plastics chipping?

By Total-Insanity

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181202_111439 (resized).jpg
    20181202_104117 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Installed a new set of CPR plastics on my Getaway machine, look great but after only a few dozen plays it seems that about half the plastics have the graphics chipping off the edges. No crazy impacts, just normal play. Is this normal?

#3 5 years ago

Contact CPR

#4 5 years ago

Will do, must have got a bad batch. Thanks everyone.

#5 5 years ago

Contacted CPR and they are shipping a new set. Excellent customer service!

#6 5 years ago

Did they ask for the current set to be sent back?

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Total-Insanity:

Contacted CPR and they are shipping a new set. Excellent customer service!

I am impressed by their Customer Service. I only have great things to say about it.

Yves

#8 5 years ago

They did not. They said they had a bad run of Getaway plastics and that their new laser printing process eliminates any issues.

#9 5 years ago

I have the same issue they are working on sending me new BK2K plastics. The image flakes off with the protective film, these are not even installed yet.

20181202_104117 (resized).jpg20181202_104117 (resized).jpg20181202_111439 (resized).jpg20181202_111439 (resized).jpg
    4 months later
    #10 5 years ago

So it seems as though 6 months later this is a very wide spread problem. I’ve been getting the run around from CPR on my replacement set. I guess they don’t have a fix for this problem as it’s happening on many sets. Has anyone gotten a replacement set from CPR that does not have this chipping issue?

#12 5 years ago

Thank you Cherries for the response. Hoping it gets resolved, great products, this has been our only issue.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-plastics-chipping and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.