Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 268 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by DCFAN
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pps.gif
    joust films.jpg
    curved yellow fruit.png
    download (2).jpg
    objet_lens.jpg
    tumblr_m2p3xjvVbo1r1dtbeo4_250.gif
    image-930.jpg
    wtf-did-i-just-read.jpg
    006.JPG
    007.JPG
    003.JPG
    004.JPG
    002-299.JPG
    001-330.JPG
    I+m+not+gonna+pretend+i+understand+what+s+going+on+here+_702c30e76b5e88619b1b088374fc2378.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 9 years ago

what the hell just happened? Did stu just ask for a LW3 scan and PPS said no?

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

People must have PM'ed him, asking what the compensation would be...
    Perhaps he was offended that people wanted to be compensated for sending him stuff to scan? I don't know

It was my understanding a scan sometimes gets you a freebie, working hundreds of hours touching up a scan would too. Can only speculate what people were asking.

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from jamieflowers:

Are they getting rich doing this, probably not

I would imagine with mess-ups that get sold on ebay after the run (usually $200-$400), and buyers backing out (50% of stock sitting around because distributors will only take so much) they are probably barely breaking even in some cases. Also (as stated in other threads) there is a HUGE upfront investment for wood stock, inserts, ink, silkscreens, etc etc.

Much like pinball routers today, CPR has to be doing it for the passion not for the money.

#90 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Who, what, where, how, why - the basics of an English conversation

#100 9 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Yeah , but the oRiginal files do not include cool mirroring effects

Pretty sure when they did mirroring even back then, it was simply a clear layer which got coated with a layer of mirrored paint, so not a big deal.

That's pretty awesome that old files/films have been found to recreate the original artwork without having to painstaking clean it up (films even scanned will need cleanup). I would think Stu feels relieved that a huge chunk of work has been lifted off his shoulders, including hunting source material. Also not like there isn't plenty of other manufacturers that need artwork (gottlieb, premier, Data east, sega, capcom).

#123 9 years ago
    Quoted from PPS:

almost all of them were 3rd parties ... now if lucky and the 3rd party is easy to deal with (i.e. doesn't want any or alot of $), then there might be some possibilities

Yea imagine LAH. Data East would want their cut, Schwarznegger would want his cut, columbia pictures would want their cut, even bridgette wilson may want a cut.

#160 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hellfire:

how much complaining you think there will be about $700 playfield for a $1500 machine??? and than additional costs for plastics and parts on top of that?

A space shuttle restored is worth between $1200-$1500. I've already invested $1100 just in plastics set, shuttle, ramp, playfield, and backglass, plus the $400 machine which needed another $200 for a soundboard and a new power supply. If you like a title and you don't intend to sell it, you'd be surprised what people will invest into a pin.

#182 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Transparent/translucent object aren't quite there yet.

Objet printers have come a long way, they are down to .0002" resolution:
    objet_lens.jpgobjet_lens.jpg

Problem is, the printers themselves start at about $200k, and the material isn't cheap. Might be good for prototyping a playfield before you made a mold though.

#227 9 years ago
    Quoted from Joshmx19:

hope they use these films as a guide but are still able to make the art better in certain ways

agreed! I know some people want it original. I say fix all the artwork mistakes, or improve from the budget cuts of the original run. Heck, I NEEDED my space shuttle CPR playfield because I have one of the late runs with the compromised 3 circle inserts instead of the originally intended banana inserts.

#243 9 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

does not mean thats the normal going price

GRC just sold one for $2400

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-on-the-hunt?tu=toyotaboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.