Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 268 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by DCFAN
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pps.gif
    joust films.jpg
    curved yellow fruit.png
    download (2).jpg
    objet_lens.jpg
    tumblr_m2p3xjvVbo1r1dtbeo4_250.gif
    image-930.jpg
    wtf-did-i-just-read.jpg
    006.JPG
    007.JPG
    003.JPG
    004.JPG
    002-299.JPG
    001-330.JPG
    I+m+not+gonna+pretend+i+understand+what+s+going+on+here+_702c30e76b5e88619b1b088374fc2378.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pps.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

We have original silkscreen films for alot of the DE playfield titles it appears ... issue tends to be getting permissions for DE titles which are all 3rd parties

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

what the hell just happened? Did stu just ask for a LW3 scan and PPS said no?

PPS has nothing to do with DE or Stern permissions ... just had indicated we had the film ... we have a bunch of the DE films probably when Gene bought out TAG.

#112 9 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Does anyone know what happened to the equipment that GENE/ ILL PINBALL bought from TAG to make playfields?? Tag made playfields for many years for every manufacture..

Yes, I know exactly what happened to it Mike Just opening alot of 'misc'' films which are DE playfields that TAG had done. We're going thru all the films to see what is there, what's usable, etc ... didn't expect to see DE films but the TAG purchase they must have gotten that.

Alot of other films have 'popped' up as well from others, which I hope we can get put to good use ... a benefit from some of the changes around IPB.

rick

#117 9 years ago

as I said earlier there are two big problems with DE/Sega playfields a) they are much less in demand, and b) almost all of them were 3rd parties ... now if lucky and the 3rd party is easy to deal with (i.e. doesn't want any or alot of $), then there might be some possibilities ... but my guess is that is something we would see if CPR is interested in doing.

rick

#188 9 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

We said the said thing when NAPPA happened and Darren when he got access to Gene's stash... only to find out later there was much yet to be done to make the stuff usable. I doubt this is the floodgates opening.. but it is the removal of the old stick in the mud... that's for sure.

Difference is that we have a fully staffed art department that understands what to do and how to do it to get any of these films usable directly ourselves, in many cases about a couple of hours to have art ready to be screened ... we just finished Party Zone plastic art, Roadshow plastic art, Demo Man is just about done, as well as a half dozen cabinet decal sets (that we can print NextGen ourselves) ... this plus many more things were created in the last two weeks ...

We are posting what we have on our PPS forum (which I am not trying to do any sort of a plug on) as there will be alot and do not want to overrun pinside with all the items that we are working on.

rick

#220 9 years ago

Guys ... things are not on hold as Stu seems to convey, we have actually a ton more projects that we have films for that we are discussing with CPR. As for the short term list, we are going thru and getting approvals for them, and as I've told Kevin a day or so ago, most all of the ones on their list were fine, and some (with CPR's concurrence) we would be using OEM films vs scanned art (backglasses, etc). I'm sorry that there is drama on this, but things are not as they appear ...

rick

#229 9 years ago

We take the films and input them digitally and actually register them better than the films would as well as can then digitally modify whatever we need to - as original registration using films is 'close' but was never spot on ...

#250 9 years ago

PPS will be able to update on projects as it makes sense, we have another place to do that now, and will update on projects that we are doing internally as well as ones that are assigned to a supplier (when we get agreement with that supplier to give an update). Given that the timelines of projects from vendors often slip we are staying away from saying when projects from any of these suppliers will happen as everything changes based on a number of factors (like availability of wood, artwork issues, insert lead times, supplier has had life interfere with their projects, supplier has had technical issues delaying the project getting done, etc). For B/W titles we are updating various projects that are in the pipeline.

Most all suppliers have a different date they 'say' something will be done vs when it actually is done - for which we cannot control - and often there are very good reasons why ...

thanks,
    rick

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pps.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-on-the-hunt?tu=pps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.