Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 268 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by DCFAN
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pps.gif
    joust films.jpg
    curved yellow fruit.png
    download (2).jpg
    objet_lens.jpg
    tumblr_m2p3xjvVbo1r1dtbeo4_250.gif
    image-930.jpg
    wtf-did-i-just-read.jpg
    006.JPG
    007.JPG
    003.JPG
    004.JPG
    002-299.JPG
    001-330.JPG
    I+m+not+gonna+pretend+i+understand+what+s+going+on+here+_702c30e76b5e88619b1b088374fc2378.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hellfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 9 years ago

Wow cant believe people that want CPR products so bad are so eager to turn on Stu right away. Not exactly sure why he is irritated now but I have seen in other threads the masses ganging up on him for their opinions and being cheap.

Maybe the cost of rights has gone up due to several playfield reproducers etc but in the case of mikepin getting a free playfield to compensate him for the use of his is a fair deal so what if he had to pay a few $$ to ship it.

I guess it comes down to do you want a new playfield or whatever for the title? dont let Stu scan your items then dont complain when they havnt been reproduced. i have read numberous threads Stu has asked for specific titles and every asks about everything else but the titles specified. Realy everyone dosnt expect some frustration from time to time.
    Honestly i have felt at times here just like Stu and Im sure other have as well it dosnt take much just a little appreciation for the services him and CPR provide would go a long ways.

Maybe when a CPR person asks for specific titles everyone should ask for everything under the sun but what has been requested, you know it takes time to read all the BS that ends up fruitless when its done.

There sure are other stories of pinball resources that have acted alot worse or thrown a fit. so whats the big deal?

As far as some money that might be made from reproductions if you guys are willing to have no life and spend prolly 6 figures or so to start up a reproduction business go ahead and do it for nothing. lets say the company makes $100 per playfield they have people to pay, equipment to pay for and maintain, royalties, materials and the time that goes into the artwork, trial runs etc. CPR dosnt all just get done through in house means either.

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from Snux:

Stu isn't the only artist at CPR...

Yeah well it seems Stu is the only artist that gets anything done though. Check the other artists accomplishments Stu is the one that has been pounding the majority of the titles out.

#155 9 years ago

Yeah well B&W is the stuff that is in demand, who is going to put a $600-$800 playfield in a EM that is only worth maybe up to $1k. And from what Ive seen the Gottelieb are like the cheap volkswagon guys how many will spring for new playfields like a B/W? I think they will run into the same thing with alot of DE and SEGA machines.
    People complain about a TOTAN PF costing $800 but the machine is worth $5-8k how much complaining you think there will be about $700 playfield for a $1500 machine??? and than additional costs for plastics and parts on top of that?

#166 9 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Are you familiar at all with the past CPR projects and prices? Because what you speculate over.. is exactly what they've been doing for years. Selling playfields for $600-$700 for games that are typically $800-$2k games.

Yes Im very familiar with CPR past title buying playfields and other parts for many of them. But further proof o my point here is this fire playfield situation in which they only sold about half of them this will be more common with more of the off beat titles. B/W is the money making playfields none of the reproducers would last without paying titles. Stu has pointed out before they need to sell 60 to 80 playfields just to break even. half of the fire playfields has even covered the run cost yet. Who thinks the EMs unless rare popular titles will sell 100 playfields? Sega machines are known for being pretty much lemons for the most part haw many titles wont sell 100 playfields out of them titles? and how many of them have 3rd party licencing

#170 9 years ago

I doubt they will have that much extra money like you think like they said earlier inserts, wood etc has all gone up in price as well and they have very few alternatives for other sources becouse of the quality the wood needs to be.

If anything now films are available im sure they had to be purchased by someone so that meens whomever uses them for reproduction will pay just as much almost to use them instead of paying their artists. So i wouldnt plan on them saving any money in the long run. i would like some wide body stuff as well but im sure they have more important stuff to do as well like get the new CNC they had to buy to make TOTAN playfields paid for first. and Im sure its going to take more titles than just TOTAN to do it.

#191 9 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm not getting your point - the issue of inventory costs, forecasting demand, and actually selling the product vs sitting on shelves is the same for CPR now as it was when they started. Kevin has posted about their selection process many times.. and yes, sometimes titles were made out of a passion vs pure market demand. Early on, Kevin was more at the whim of his artists.

The point is CPR or any reproducer isnt going to make playfields they cant sell and recoup or make money on period. you can want off titles all you want if a reproducer cant sell enough to make it worth while and to cover cost nobody will make them. Most people on a lower value game will not spend the money on a new playfield unless its absolute trash.
    I usualy stick way more money in a game compared to its value but there are many tight asses in this hobbie and the reproducers are well aware of this, it has been explained in several threads by Stu already.

#201 9 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Everything B/W at CPR is on hold (for now). We are doing everything we can to get back on track as quickly as possible, but issues take time to work out......hang in there........

Pfft I looking forward to a Medusa playfield hopefully with a year

#212 9 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Much like cars - restorations are a passion - not a flip.

Whos talking about flipping machines Im pointing out most people wont spend the big money on machines like an EM so very few would ever get reproduced, CPR needs to sell 100 playfields to make a few$$ if Fire dont sell they will lost their asses on it and for this reason is why they havnt made alot of other titles and very well might never.
    CPR is able to run a odd title once in awhile becouse the high demand B/W playfields pay the bills without the money making playfields dont expect anything that they cant sell at least 100x of pretty fast.
    Just becouse you want a few titles dosnt meen its going to happen if the numbers dont work for the reproducers
    Do you understand finally?

#217 9 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

I don't know who you are arguing that with.. because no one is saying otherwise. In fact, I've been saying to you 4 times now... 'duh.. captain obvious'.

But what you really said was people won't buy playfields for cheap games... your original post

Well i guess we will see then wont we You obviously need to prove something, I doubt any reproducer will make anything on gotteliebs, (last time I heard steve young was not going to have anymore of his stuff reproduced becouse it didnt sell good enough), sega, or just DE titles but good thing it appears CPR isnt going to be out of B/W yet.
    Your obviously the repriductions expert here lmao ether way if it comes down to it I can restore the old playields to be as nice as a CPR. but realy it would be a great loss i we didnt have the reproduction parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hellfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-on-the-hunt?tu=Hellfire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.