Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 268 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by DCFAN
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pps.gif
    joust films.jpg
    curved yellow fruit.png
    download (2).jpg
    objet_lens.jpg
    tumblr_m2p3xjvVbo1r1dtbeo4_250.gif
    image-930.jpg
    wtf-did-i-just-read.jpg
    006.JPG
    007.JPG
    003.JPG
    004.JPG
    002-299.JPG
    001-330.JPG
    I+m+not+gonna+pretend+i+understand+what+s+going+on+here+_702c30e76b5e88619b1b088374fc2378.gif
    There are 268 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 9 years ago

Nevermind, Not Looking for Anything.....Too Much Greed In this hobby, I think I'm done here.

#2 9 years ago

We have original silkscreen films for alot of the DE playfield titles it appears ... issue tends to be getting permissions for DE titles which are all 3rd parties

#3 9 years ago

Would you guys really run LW3 playfields? I mean, I know this argument has been made before, especially with EM titles, but does anyone love that dog enough to do a playfield swap on it?

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Would you guys really run LW3 playfields? I mean, I know this argument has been made before, especially with EM titles, but does anyone love that dog enough to do a playfield swap on it?

Yes. And plastics,and translights.
    There were 10,000 made.
    I'm sure that CPR would sell out on a small run of playfields, and plastics.

#5 9 years ago

/shrug to each their own I guess. I've played the game enough to not mind it in a larger collection, but I'll never spend more than 700 bucks for one. Just something goofy about a game where I can say that I LITERALLY shot the ramp 115 times in one game.

#6 9 years ago

Thanks for the PMs, but I'm not allowed to discuss "business licensing dealings" with anyone

#7 9 years ago

LOL.. Classic.

HAHAHAHAHA!

#8 9 years ago

Do what.....huh?

#9 9 years ago

Does this mean that no Diner back glasses will be made?

#10 9 years ago

PPS, what have they produced???

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

PPS, what have they produced???

A monopoly

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Nevermind, Not Looking for Anything.....Too Much Greed In this hobby, I think I'm done here.

Great PR. Sorry you couldn't obtain a PF to then make money off it.

#13 9 years ago

I must have missed something

I+m+not+gonna+pretend+i+understand+what+s+going+on+here+_702c30e76b5e88619b1b088374fc2378.gifI+m+not+gonna+pretend+i+understand+what+s+going+on+here+_702c30e76b5e88619b1b088374fc2378.gif
    #14 9 years ago

Drained

#15 9 years ago

what the hell just happened? Did stu just ask for a LW3 scan and PPS said no?

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Thanks for the PMs, but I'm not allowed to discuss "business licensing dealings" with anyone

So you started this public thread because...

#17 9 years ago

It seems like poor Pinside form to delete the entire content of the original post. It would be more proper to simply add your change of heart/plans after the content of the original post.
    We are left to speculate about what the original post/inquiry was about and that only leads to rumors, arguments, and bitching/moaning.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

what the hell just happened? Did stu just ask for a LW3 scan and PPS said no?

PPS has nothing to do with DE or Stern permissions ... just had indicated we had the film ... we have a bunch of the DE films probably when Gene bought out TAG.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

It seems like poor Pinside form to delete the entire content of the original post. It would be more proper to simply add your change of heart/plans after the content of the original post.
    We are left to speculate about what the original post/inquiry was about and that only leads to rumors, arguments, and bitching/moaning.

Stu originally asked for a long list of DE/Sega content...

People must have PM'ed him, asking what the compensation would be...

Perhaps he was offended that people wanted to be compensated for sending him stuff to scan? I don't know.

Greedy fu*kers.....

#20 9 years ago

Given that the list of what CPR is working on has also been pulled, it would seem this has more to do with licensing.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Perhaps he was offended that people wanted to be compensated for sending him stuff to scan? I don't know

It was my understanding a scan sometimes gets you a freebie, working hundreds of hours touching up a scan would too. Can only speculate what people were asking.

#22 9 years ago

We could whinge about licensing ..
    We could even bang on about BoP, ES and HS2 ..
    or ..
    we could be grateful for what CPR do for us and happy with what we get.

#23 9 years ago

Really not sure why someone who held the Bally/Williams licenses would refuse a company like CPR rights to reproduce their copyrighted materials for profit. I mean whats the alternative, no profit at all? It's all speculation at this point.

#24 9 years ago

We should have a sticky post called "Stu is mad". This happens fairly often.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from exflexer:

Exactly, this happens fairly often with Stu, about every 3-4 months he says he's had enough and then Kevin has to come into it and smooth it all out and eventually Stu is back for a while........rinse and repeat.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from exflexer:

No need to make it personal
    Stu puts a lot of time into reproducing this artwork
    He finishes one project and we demand to know 'what is next?'

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Really tired of this quote from u.

Charge extra, people will pay rather then not making it. Everyone understands u will have to spend some money and be happy to pay a little extra then get nothing at all. Your work is great, stop asking for free shit and just add the cost to the consumer.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Really tired of this quote from u.
    Charge extra, people will pay rather then not making it. Everyone understands u will have to spend some money and be happy to pay a little extra then get nothing at all. Your work is great, stop asking for free shit and just add the cost to the consumer.

Exactly, like the shipping of a playfield to scan. $140 for both directions, thats less then a $1 per playfield made I'm guessing? Big deal, pass it on to the end consumer.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#29 9 years ago

Again I offered him MANY nos playfields and backglsses years ago BUt the stciking point he wanted me to pay shipping one way DAH Yes was giving a free one for use BUT again the shipping was issue?? Like JOHN says add a Few BUCKS on each one to cover it

#30 9 years ago

Nope, Nobody PM'd me asking for compensation, In fact nobody PM'd me about any of the stuff I was looking for, the Greed is elsewhere.

Quoted from tamoore:

Yep, all the idiot pinsiders piss me off on a regular basis with all their stupid crap. Diarrhea of the mouth without knowing any of the facts.

Quoted from exflexer:

We should have a sticky post called "Stu is mad". This happens fairly often

Just to be clear John, CPR offered $150 + the Cost of Return Shipping of the Source material, just ask ANYONE that has sent me stuff, Including the 25 backglasses that PAPA sent me & we paid the $700 Return Shipping on for 3 Pallets of boxes. get you facts straight before you make go public with BS.

Quoted from Dayhuff:

like the shipping of a playfield to scan. $140 for both directions,

A Few Bucks? Mike you Greedy Basterd, you wanted Mike P to Fly 2800 Miles to you and bring a Huge Flatbed Scanner with him so he could scan stuff & then Ship the Scanner back to Nova Scotia & fly another 2800 miles back home. Mike P laughed in your face. And, offering a free $800 PF (Shipped) just to "borrow" a $50 piece of wood is a pretty good friggin deal for anyone.

Quoted from mikepin:

Again I offered him MANY nos playfields and backglsses years ago BUt the stciking point he wanted me to pay shipping one way DAH Yes was giving a free one for use BUT again the shipping was issue?? Like JOHN says add a Few BUCKS on each one to cover it

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Rmemeber when Robin was going to change the editing rules.. and everyone pitched a fit about how it's a solution looking for a problem???

Well there you go folks.

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Nope, Nobody PM'd me asking for compensation, In fact nobody PM'd me about any of the stuff I was looking for, the Greed is elsewhere.

I'm confused. Were you referring to some of your other playfield request threads? Or did you list some other playfields in the OP of this thread?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-need-source-material-de-star-trek-playfield
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-bally-old-chicago-nos-playfield
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-bally-mystic-playfield-needed-for-scanning

[edit]: nevermind, another poster mentioned there was a long list in the OP of this thread originally. But the original post was only up about 2 hours

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

A Few Bucks? Mike you Greedy Basterd, you wanted Mike P to Fly 2800 Miles to you and bring a Huge Flatbed Scanner with him so he could scan stuff & then Ship the Scanner back to Nova Scotia & fly another 2800 miles back home. Mike P laughed in your face. And, offering a free $800 PF (Shipped) just to "borrow" a $50 piece of wood is a pretty good friggin deal for anyone.

Haha busted!

#34 9 years ago

I wish I could afford some of the new artwork but alas I am merely just a broke Alaskan who works 3 jobs for a living.

#35 9 years ago

Stu said:

I am totally lost on this, but to start what is the 50 dollar piece of wood. Like I said I don't understand the statement but sounds like a good return something worth 50 dollars and get paid 800. Or is the exaggerating to make a point?
    I though that blank pf';s cost more than 50, and all of the pf';s I bought from cpr are 699 or less.
    If you are talking about "Borrowing" a nos pf that is a bird of a different feather. definatly worth more than 50 bucks. But I don't know the situation. It probably dosent matter anyway, tomorrow another day. not much different from today

#36 9 years ago

"Idiot pinsiders." Stay classy CPR.

#37 9 years ago

I have a lightly roached Lightning playfield if you need it .

-c

#38 9 years ago

I can tell you're frustrated, Stu, but you really need to work on your level of professionalism on the site. I wouldn't want to do business with CPR based on your outbursts on here.

#39 9 years ago

It's common today for people to want 'the world' for loaning someone a freaking tool. Mark them on your mental list and move on.

#40 9 years ago

Wow cant believe people that want CPR products so bad are so eager to turn on Stu right away. Not exactly sure why he is irritated now but I have seen in other threads the masses ganging up on him for their opinions and being cheap.

Maybe the cost of rights has gone up due to several playfield reproducers etc but in the case of mikepin getting a free playfield to compensate him for the use of his is a fair deal so what if he had to pay a few $$ to ship it.

I guess it comes down to do you want a new playfield or whatever for the title? dont let Stu scan your items then dont complain when they havnt been reproduced. i have read numberous threads Stu has asked for specific titles and every asks about everything else but the titles specified. Realy everyone dosnt expect some frustration from time to time.
    Honestly i have felt at times here just like Stu and Im sure other have as well it dosnt take much just a little appreciation for the services him and CPR provide would go a long ways.

Maybe when a CPR person asks for specific titles everyone should ask for everything under the sun but what has been requested, you know it takes time to read all the BS that ends up fruitless when its done.

There sure are other stories of pinball resources that have acted alot worse or thrown a fit. so whats the big deal?

As far as some money that might be made from reproductions if you guys are willing to have no life and spend prolly 6 figures or so to start up a reproduction business go ahead and do it for nothing. lets say the company makes $100 per playfield they have people to pay, equipment to pay for and maintain, royalties, materials and the time that goes into the artwork, trial runs etc. CPR dosnt all just get done through in house means either.

#41 9 years ago

These people have other jobs. They can stop making PFs at any time and then where would we be . I sent my NOS Earthshaker PF to them on MY dime and I got a plastics set. I would have liked a free
    PF but hey, I did a good pinball deed. Come on guys.

#42 9 years ago

CPR is great, Stu's contribution to CPR and the hobby are great. Stu's predictable "take my ball and go home" rants while representing CPR are not so great.

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Nothing wrong with that....there ARE "idiot Pinsiders"...just like idiots anywhere...

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I agree, but we have to remember that we have no idea what Stu receives for PMs. Lots of people like to hide behind their keyboards and not make public what they say, but....

Quoted from TaylorVA:

CPR is great, Stu's contribution to CPR and the hobby are great. Stu's predictable "take my ball and go home" rants while representing CPR are not so great.

....he IS a spokesperson for CPR whether he's on their payroll or not and needs to remember that his actions do have consequences. I also totally appreciate Stu's contribution to CPR and the hobby. He should not be making blanket statements towards his customers like that.

#45 9 years ago

I wish I had some pinball parts to send to Stu. I'd throw in some diapers and a pacifier, too.

#46 9 years ago

Never had a problem with Stu. He has always been fair with me and has gone out of his way many times. I think some people are being to judgmental.

#47 9 years ago

Rant away! I'll still buy stuff from CPR all day everyday. I'd love to send a PF or BG in for scanning but, I don't have NOS anything. I don't think this post was directed at the greedy folks that don't send stuff in to begin with though.

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

These people have other jobs. They can stop making PFs at any time and then where would we be . I sent my NOS Earthshaker PF to them on MY dime and I got a plastics set. I would have liked a free
    PF but hey, I did a good pinball deed. Come on guys.

I understand the sentiment for wanting to help the hobby but CPR is not a charity. Are they getting rich doing this, probably not but it does rub me the wrong way when someone is trying to sell things and act like they are doing us a favor. Its great that they are making playfields and plastics, there just is no need for the constant attitude.

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from jamieflowers:

Are they getting rich doing this, probably not

I would imagine with mess-ups that get sold on ebay after the run (usually $200-$400), and buyers backing out (50% of stock sitting around because distributors will only take so much) they are probably barely breaking even in some cases. Also (as stated in other threads) there is a HUGE upfront investment for wood stock, inserts, ink, silkscreens, etc etc.

Much like pinball routers today, CPR has to be doing it for the passion not for the money.

#50 9 years ago

I agree to a point, if they are barely breaking even then they need to adjust their pricing. For a company that for the most part relies on collectors for scans/starting points for most of their products they should probably not bite the hand(s) that feed them. If they want to reproduce something they should actually purchase the product, asking to borrow a sometimes one of a kind playfield/plastic sets for a small discount is too big of a risk for the owner of the product. What happens if the playfield is damaged in shipping? Lost? CPR burns down etc... Farsight studios doesnt ask collectors to borrow their pins when they want to digitize one, they buy one. Its not like if CPR buys a NOS playfield they wouldnt be able to sell it after they are done anyway. If people want to support CPR and send them their playfields/plastics I applaud them, but they shouldnt be bullied and or shunned if they dont think its worth it.

There are 268 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-on-the-hunt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.