1452122897472-1316672327_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

We now have the gallery of pictures up for our New CPR ToTAN ( Tales of the Arabian Nights ) Playfields.

http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo176.html

IMPORTANT NOTES TO ANSWER RELEASE QUESTIONS:

This playfield had so many preorders over the last 3 years, that we had to break the run into
two waves. WAVE ONE (slightly more than half) is being released right now - June 2015.
The FIRST HALF of the preorder group (2012 & 2013 folks) will be contacted first, for these.
WAVE TWO will be produced by year-end 2015 or early 2016. The remaining 2013 & 2014 folks
will be given the shot at WAVE TWO, once they are released.

Please do not chase us with "where am I on the list" or "when am I getting my email" questions.

Every single email received in the TOTAN Inbox has been kept and will be offered a playfield
during this process. WAVE TWO will actually be a slight over-run, intentionally, just to be sure
everybody gets one who wanted one. With the hopes of remaining stock for the Waiting List folks.

There are a lot of these to get orderly paid, packed, and shipped, as they come out of clearcoat.

WAVE ONE customers will be emailed from June 12 to the end of July to see these off.

#2 8 years ago

Good news,thanks Stu

#3 8 years ago

Now I just need to find a project TOTAN.

#4 8 years ago

Damn, those turned out nice heres hoping Im in wave one

#5 8 years ago

Sweet pinball jewelry! More of that CPR awesomeness......drooollll........ Beautiful job again boys! hats off to ya!

#6 8 years ago

Quick, someone send one of these to the PF guys and have them make a topless version!

#7 8 years ago

Thanks Stu!

#8 8 years ago

Beautiful work, great job!! We are fortunate to have you guys. Thanks.

#9 8 years ago

Appreciate the clear update. I was one of the final people on the list in 2014, so I'll look forward to my PF in 2016.
-mof

#10 8 years ago

I couldn't remember when I sent my request, so I looked it up.

PatiencePatience

How time flies!

#11 8 years ago

The artist who recreated this is awesome. Just look at all the detail in the tiger and bird.

#12 8 years ago

I'm pretty sure I'm first wave.. but won't be taking delivery... so that should help someone else waiting...

#13 8 years ago

I notice the text in this photo shows a loss of detail - the "1996" in particular. Is that the original films and you're reproducing the drop out, or is that a production issue related to the films and screen mesh?

totan07.jpgtotan07.jpg

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I notice the text in this photo shows a loss of detail - the "1996" in particular. Is that the original films and you're reproducing the drop out, or is that a production issue related to the films and screen mesh?
totan07.jpg

What in particular are you talking about? The text for 1996 looks fine. The tails of the 9's and the 6 are most likely that fine that you can't seem them at that resolution, I'm sure a more detailed shot would show they are there.

#15 8 years ago

This playfield was made from Digital Artwork hand drawn by Nick Possedi of the CPR Art Team, it was not made from the oem films....there is no drop-out of the " 1996 ", the only issue I can see is 'possibly' the " © " which is about a 6pt character, which is nearly impossible to make perfect through a Silk-Screen process at the Line-Screen/Mesh Size that we use ( for best possible reproduction ).

2 weeks later
#16 8 years ago

anyone get their TOTAN playfield yet ???

#17 8 years ago

Mine arrived on Thursday.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Mine arrived on Thursday.

Do we get to see pics of the unboxing?
-mof

#19 8 years ago

Looking forward to getting my email.

#20 8 years ago

Don't remember if I'm on the list but I hope so!

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Do we get to see pics of the unboxing?
-mof

Too late for that. I didn't realize it was a purchase worthy of unboxing pics.

I could take some pics, but they would really just be repeats of the CPR gallery ones.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Too late for that. I didn't realize it was a purchase worthy of unboxing pics.
I could take some pics, but they would really just be repeats of the CPR gallery ones.

how about some feedback on the quality ? any issues? i figured this thread would have exploded with such a long wait for these to arrive!

#23 8 years ago

I'm hesitant to point out my nitpicks, especially in Stu's thread. It's only the third reproduction playfield I have purchased, and I'm by no means an expert on what to expect. I'll try to be fair, but be aware that some of this may be normal for reproduction playfields.

Compared to the other repro playfields I've bought, this one is the nicest. For comparison's sake, the others were an IPB Monster Bash and a Mirco Scared Stiff.

The inserts in the MB were missing artwork around the edges, and I actually ended up returning it. The inserts in this playfield are very well done; no missing artwork, the clear is smooth at their edges, etc. The inserts are crystal clear compared to the milky looking ones in my original that is in my game.

The clearcoat is also very well done, in my opinion. It is very smooth without feeling like it's a thick coating. I would say it's very similar to my TZ playfield that Captain Neo restored.

The colors are slightly different than my original, and a few of them, especially the teal and orange are a little more muted than the original.

The "1996" mentioned above, actually does look like the picture to me, and as Stu mentioned, there is a bit of dropout on the " © ". A little more of a concern for me is the underline under "Tales of the Arabian Nights". Mine looks nearly identical to the one in CPR's picture as shown below.

totan08.jpgtotan08.jpg

Finally, there is one spot where there is missing artwork about 1/8" in diameter. This is just above the hole for the right flipper bushing, and I believe it will be covered by the bat once installed.

#24 8 years ago

got my email from CPR !

#25 8 years ago

Waited years but got my email on Thursday, paid and expect my gold version TOTAN playfield soon.

Damn it felt good to say that.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Waited years but got my email on Thursday, paid and expect my gold version TOTAN playfield soon.
Damn it felt good to say that.

same here

#27 8 years ago

Ditto,I've been through three Totans since I was put on the list.
I bought it anyway,but don't have the game anymore.

#28 8 years ago

Wow, lol pingod, the only game Ive had three times is fishtales!

Got my email yesterday

#29 8 years ago

No I didn't get it.
Two were part of a game package,one didn't even make it home.

#30 8 years ago

Got my email yesterday

i dont understand, if i pay now when it would be shipped

anyone interested in my spot?

#31 8 years ago

If you got the email, you send payment. I got tracking the next day.

#32 8 years ago

It doesn't work that way, you can't just "give up your spot" on the pre-order, if you don't want the playfield simply let us know and that board will go to the Next Person On the Pre-Order List......

Quoted from kapsreiter:

anyone interested in my spot?

#33 8 years ago

Just sent my $$ in

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

It doesn't work that way, you can't just "give up your spot" on the pre-order, if you don't want the playfield simply let us know and that board will go to the Next Person On the Pre-Order List......

Stu, Ill take his. I want one.

#35 8 years ago

Sorry, but if we were to give one to someone that wasn't on the Pre-Order instead of offering it to someone that had been on the Pre-Order for the Past 3 Years that would be a pretty shitty thing to do seeing that someone that has waited for 3 years to get one got passed over for someone that just said "Hey I'll take his cause he doesn't want it"......

Sorry, but we are not going to do that to anybody.....I'm sure that if "You" were the person on the Pre-Order that had been waiting for 3 years for this PF and didn't get one because we sold it to someone that "wasn't on the Pre-Order" at all You would be Pissed!

Quoted from zr11990:

Stu, Ill take his. I want one.

#36 8 years ago

My playfield is getting sent to Edmonton by mistake.
Wrong postal code entered on the label.
Redirect coming to me soon
It will look great on the wall for now.

#37 8 years ago

It's so smooth and shiny!!! I'm not looking forward to the install, but am currently enjoying just touching and staring at it.

IMG_3037.jpgIMG_3037.jpg

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

It's so smooth and shiny!!! I'm not looking forward to the install, but am currently enjoying just touching and staring at it.

IMG_3037.jpg

That's what she said

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I got tracking the next day

am i supposed to get a fedex or ups tracking email?

#40 8 years ago

Mine is being delivered on Thursday......can't wait!!! Thanks to all at CPR.

#41 8 years ago

When UPS picks up the shipment ( usually twice a week ) they will scan each package & when it's "scanned" it will "auto send" you your eMail with Tracking Info.....Just be patient

Edit: it is very likely that a product is packaged on a Monday but not picked up until a Thursday.....

Quoted from mollyspub:

am i supposed to get a fedex or ups tracking email?

#42 8 years ago

i think i must buy a machine now ( again)

#43 8 years ago

Happiness is coming home from work to find this at your doorstep. Woohoo!

cpr_totan.jpgcpr_totan.jpg

#44 8 years ago

Is it wrong that I'm still jealous of people getting these even though I've never had a TOTAN, and every game I own right now is less than 3 years old or has a restored and cleared playfield!?

#45 8 years ago

I made payment a week ago but am still waiting for shipping confirmation and a tracking no. it's like seeing the package underneath the xmas tree, but told you can't touch it

edit:
got my tracking info last night. I guess xmas comes next week!

#46 8 years ago

I bought one and I don't have a TOTAN. Im selling my WoZLE to get one.

#47 8 years ago

darn !! i totally would have bought one of these but it was before i got into the hobby

#48 8 years ago

Mine is coming this week!

Just out of curiosity stu, why were the origionals so bad for ghosting, and Id assume whatever it was was fixed?

#49 8 years ago

Surprised I got in on the first wave. Came last week. Quality looks great as always.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#50 8 years ago

got mine today ! this is my first CPR playfield... clearcoat looks great !

plan on reusing a cliffy on the bazaar but should i install one on the orb , tiger and genie magnet ? or is the clearcoat enough for HUO?

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-new-totan-playfields and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.