20140911_172652[1].jpg
20140911_172648[1].jpg
20140911_172637[1].jpg
beforeafterglass.jpg
bop.jpg
lakes 3.jpg
lakes 2.jpg
lakes 1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 9 years ago

I'd kind of like to have a BOP backglass, but since I don't have a BOP pin, it's a bit expensive for a wall hanging. Ah well. Looks nice, though.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have a new BoP tl I could sell ya for $75 shipped if I get the bg for my game.

Appreciate the offer, but translites don't really speak to me like a nice backglass does. I'm sure that would be a really good deal for someone who needs it, though. Thanks

#62 9 years ago

Well, I've been hemming and hawing over the BOP backglass, and I figure one this nice might not be around the next time I want one, so I placed my order. It's only money, after all

Looking forward to seeing CPR workmanship up close

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

We don't have the Licensing....sorry.....I could have the artwork done in 30 days if we were to do it....but we are not licensed....

It's it simply a matter of talking to PPS, or is it more complicated than that?

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Stu doesn't speak for CPR so he really can't talk about it and has stated that a number of times.

Ah, I was simply curious.

#101 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I know but he has answered that soooo many times he's a little touchy about it.

If Stu is not willing/able to share certain things that go on behind the scenes, I have no problem with that and completely understand. I simply like to hear anything about the production process. A lot of aspects of parts production and pinball licensing just seems like a big black mystery box, and it makes me appreciate products even more when I get to hear about the efforts that go into bringing them forth to the community.

#134 9 years ago

My order is on the way too...can't wait to see it

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

The cad file is so complicated on ToTAN that it's taking the CNC machine almost 2 Hours & 9 Bit Changes just to complete 1 Board ( vrs 30 minutes for a typical board ).....Time is Money...we'll be cutting this board for Months!

Yikes, at least you don't have to do it by hand.

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Makes you wonder how they were able to make 3,128 of these in 1996. Did they start cutting the playfields for ToTAN back in 1987?

Large crew and/or multiple CNCs?

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from Mar:

I've now changed out the blue LEDs I had in there before and that has helped with the darkness / blueness.
I have to say though, I think it looks better than the translite, but the backglass has issues. The white is too blown out and detail has been lost as a result. If you look at the picture you will see half her nose is missing for example (there's plenty of areas to choose from), whereas the translite is fine. This is more noticeable in person. She looks 'washed out' to a degree. This might have been a conscious decision to try and nullify the darkening effect of all the blue. Even so, I think that's a shame.

Are you using retro bulbs or super-brights?

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

The pricing is my decision, so I can give a few more details beyond what Stu can provide. I'm not upset by the question or some of the speculations posted by others, so don't read into my post as being defensive. I won't be doing these kind of public justifications probably ever again, but at least this one time I can respond as kind of a time capsule or testament that can be linked-to later (by Stu or others) to direct any price questioning to this post.

[...]

We appreciate all the time and effort that you put into your products. Extra insight from a peek behind the curtain is a real treat.

On another note, I got my BOP backglass today....looks pretty good. I took a quick video while unboxing it to help show some of the mirroring in the artwork, since it's hard to see it in a still photograph. Many of the lines that appear silver or white in photos are actually mirrored.

#194 9 years ago
Quoted from Mar:

Well my BOP backglass arrived. It is colourful, sharp and beautiful to look at. I now understand what CPR were saying in that you can't compare the two. I've added an image I put together of before (translite) and now with the glass. Really, they are two completely different products. I'm going to have to redo my lighting I think because the light comes through much sharper and with different hues. That will need to be adjusted.
You'll notice it looks considerably darker than the original. That's because of all the blue that my translite just doesn't have. When looked at as a whole (the entire machine) the glass looks perfect as it matches the blues and purples of the cabinet work. It ties it all together really well.

beforeafterglass.jpg 111 KB

You know, I've been basking in the glow of my new backglass for a few days, and yes, the figure on it seems to be a bit oversaturated, and seems like it lost some finer details. It's not just a trick of the light or the way the camera photographs it. It's just how it seems to look.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-new-products-now-available-for-purchase?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.