20140911_172652[1].jpg
20140911_172648[1].jpg
20140911_172637[1].jpg
beforeafterglass.jpg
bop.jpg
lakes 3.jpg
lakes 2.jpg
lakes 1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 9 years ago

Just purchased the BOP backglass. Can't wait to see it in person. I'm sure with glass plus mirroring my Bride won't look so pale sitting next to Gorgar now.

#74 9 years ago

Never ordered from CPR before. Is it expected to get a shipping estimate time or confirmation?

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

All I am asking is for someone to help me understand how much better is the glass compared with a perfect original translite to justify the purchase, since it is unlikely that I'll see one in person anytime soon.

I'll be taking a 'before and after' photo for comparison and I'll post it here. I'll likely not be the first to post photos, but I'm interested regardless.

Yes the two should be quite different, but that's what I'm counting on. I find the translite colours dull and the plastic diffuses the light. I've never liked how globes or LEDs react behind plastic (on just about every translite). I'm really looking forward to seeing the glass.

1 week later
#174 9 years ago

Well my BOP backglass arrived. It is colourful, sharp and beautiful to look at. I now understand what CPR were saying in that you can't compare the two. I've added an image I put together of before (translite) and now with the glass. Really, they are two completely different products. I'm going to have to redo my lighting I think because the light comes through much sharper and with different hues. That will need to be adjusted.

You'll notice it looks considerably darker than the original. That's because of all the blue that my translite just doesn't have. When looked at as a whole (the entire machine) the glass looks perfect as it matches the blues and purples of the cabinet work. It ties it all together really well.

beforeafterglass.jpgbeforeafterglass.jpg
#175 9 years ago

I've now changed out the blue LEDs I had in there before and that has helped with the darkness / blueness.

I have to say though, I think it looks better than the translite, but the backglass has issues. The white is too blown out and detail has been lost as a result. If you look at the picture you will see half her nose is missing for example (there's plenty of areas to choose from), whereas the translite is fine. This is more noticeable in person. She looks 'washed out' to a degree. This might have been a conscious decision to try and nullify the darkening effect of all the blue. Even so, I think that's a shame.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-new-products-now-available-for-purchase?tu=Mar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.