(Topic ID: 120860)

CPR: New Playfields Added to the Pre-Order Page!

By Stu

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Taxman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

We have now added 2 more titles to the CPR Playfield Pre-Order Page. Well, actually we added them "back" onto the page as they had previously been removed.

1. Bally Medusa. It's Back! Medusa playfield returned to the active Queue. Added back to the Pre-Order Page. Full, but taking waiting list candidates......

2. New Williams Joust. Open. This one should make a few people happy! ( widebody, double/split )

Get on the lists Here: http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

Thanks,
Stu
CPR Art Director
http://www.classicplayfields.com

#2 9 years ago

in for joust and ready to send kevin my NOS playfield to help out with c-n-c and dimple placement

#3 9 years ago

I see one of the PFs I have pre-ordered is now closed (mini PF for Fish Tales). This is my first pre-order purchase from CPR...........I don't want to miss out, who / how / when can I hand over my cash? I know you're very busy Stu, but if u have time to respond with a link, the word "wait" or a sorry somehow I screwed up and what I need to do different next time, it would be most appreciated.

#4 9 years ago

So if you e-mailed that you wanted to be on the Medusa list when it was announced the first time (As I did) are you still considered on the list?

Thanks,
Dave (Doc)

Quoted from Stu:

We have now added 2 more titles to the CPR Playfield Pre-Order Page. Well, actually we added them "back" onto the page as they had previously been removed.
1. Bally Medusa. It's Back! Medusa playfield returned to the active Queue. Added back to the Pre-Order Page. Full, but taking waiting list candidates......
2. New Williams Joust. Open. This one should make a few people happy! ( widebody, double/split )
Get on the lists Here: http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html
Thanks,
Stu
CPR Art Director
http://www.classicplayfields.com

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

So if you e-mailed that you wanted to be on the Medusa list when it was announced the first time (As I did) are you still considered on the list?
Thanks,
Dave (Doc)

Dave per the website:
"OLD PREORDER EMAILS (Pre-Nov25-2014) HAVE BEEN KEPT (Grandfathered) THOSE EMAILS WILL REMAIN UNDER THE OLD SYSTEM, AND WHEN THOSE RUNS COME UP, FOLKS WILL BE CONTACTED DURING THE MAILOUTS AFTER RELEASE TIME AS WE'VE DONE FOR YEARS. NO CHANGES."

#6 9 years ago

That's a generic statement for playfields in the queue before their new process. I think Dave is concerned because Medusa was removed from the queue and then readded. I'm sure they kept the emails, but we'll wait for Stu to respond.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

That's a generic statement for playfields in the queue before their new process. I think Dave is concerned because Medusa was removed from the queue and then readded. I'm sure they kept the emails, but we'll wait for Stu to respond.

Per post from Stu https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medusa-cpr-playfield#post-2153523
"Medusa is about to go into the CAD File development stage of production, it was listed on the Pre-Order pg for at least 5 years and we still have all of the eMails from that in-box. I don't know if Kevin is going to re-open the in-box or not.....I know that we have a limited amount of Inserts & Wood for this title so we are pretty much locked into that number for production. You should send Kevin an eMail and request to be on the Wait List for Medusa just as a precaution.....
[email protected]"

#8 9 years ago

Perfect. I'm tempted to get on the list and I don't even own the game. But if I did, that's one I'd want to have a nice playfield for sure.

#9 9 years ago

Yes, as per the statement on the web site We Did Keep All Emails.

Quoted from dothedoo:

I'm sure they kept the emails, but we'll wait for Stu to respond.

We will contact you via your email address that you used for the Pre-Order for a "Call for Payment" when we are ready to ship them.......FYI: The Fish Tales Mini Boat Playfields are already printed they just need to go through Clear-Coat ( this will happen when we are done with Evel Knievel ).

Quoted from cougtv:

I don't want to miss out, who / how / when can I hand over my cash?

Yes

Quoted from DRDAVE:

#10 9 years ago

I am surprised the Fish Tales preorder is still open given every fish tales I have ever seen has some form of insert wear on them.

#11 9 years ago

Stu, wasn't Harlem Globetrotters once on the request page?

#12 9 years ago

Yes it was......and it will be again once we purge the pre-order page some more ( and yes we kept all the old inbox requests for it )

#13 9 years ago

Medusa one step closer, Excellent update!

#14 9 years ago

Medusa Project is at the CAD file stage with the CAD file about 80% complete, should undergo test cuts this coming week and production cutting within a few weeks at most. Corvette is just about finished cutting and all the Joker Pokers are at Kevin's for screening along with all the ToTANs.

It's been a big job but we have been steady for several months and the CNC hasn't stopped.

Mike

#15 9 years ago

Thanks Mike

#16 9 years ago

Stu,

Any "inside info" on the progress of the TAF playfields?

#17 9 years ago

nope....

#18 9 years ago

Any pics of the Cactus Canyon playfields being made? Would like to see the process (wood cutting, insert placing, artwork ect) in general.

#19 9 years ago

Concerning TAF, I would bet that it's out of their hands...

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from CPR:

Medusa Project is at the CAD file stage with the CAD file about 80% complete, should undergo test cuts this coming week and production cutting within a few weeks at most. Corvette is just about finished cutting and all the Joker Pokers are at Kevin's for screening along with all the ToTANs.
It's been a big job but we have been steady for several months and the CNC hasn't stopped.
Mike

That's great, thanks Mike. I'm really looking forward to this one.
Edit: Medusa that is!

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I am surprised the Fish Tales preorder is still open given every Fish Tales I have ever seen has some form of insert wear on them.

I believe its because it is in the pre-order stage.... they can simply order more components to make as many PFs as people order.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I am surprised the Fish Tales preorder is still open given every Fish Tales I have ever seen has some form of insert wear on them.

I am tempted since mine could use it. But top to bottom (Cracked topper to cabinet fade) putting a new playfield in has me thinking its just not worth it for this machine. If I did I would end up pumping more money into the game that it is worth. If it was just the playfield I would be all over this.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-new-playfields-added-to-the-pre-order-page and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.