Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by StylesBitchly
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg
powerplaycolors.jpg
image-176.jpg
image.jpg

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

We have just released 2 more sets of Plastics.....

Bally Harley Davidson:
33-piece extended set, genuine 12-color ink silkscreened on laser cut PETG. Includes a few doubled easy-break pieces, several key fobs, and a custom 3D desktop display assembly (which could also be used as a small topper). Vivid colors and brand new, perfect replacement for scratched, yellowed, broken, or incomplete Harley Davidson plastics sets.

Purchase Here:
http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-plastics.html

Gallery Here:
http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo168.html

==================================================

F14 Tomcat Plastics:
January 2015 (FINAL) Re-Run. Last run was in 2010. Grab now or forever hold your peace. Amen. 25-piece extended set, genuine 8-color ink-silkscreened on laser cut PETG. Includes the significant F-14 clears set - with printed clears as well. Vivid colors and brand new, perfect replacement for scratched, yellowed, broken, or incomplete F-14 plastics sets.

Purchase Here:
http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-plastics.html

Gallery Here:
http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo167.html

Thanks,
Stu
CPR Art Director
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

#2 4 years ago

sweet! Thanks guys!

#3 4 years ago

2 more great products Stu. Love what you guys do.

#4 4 years ago

Sweet, thanks Stu. Just sent in my order.

#5 4 years ago

This was a "first run" for the Harley Davidson Plastics, and we hadn't run F14 Plastics since early 2010 so those were due for a rerun ( should say FINAL Rerun as Kevin mentioned in the description )

More plastics on the way......

#6 4 years ago

Out of curiosity, what makes something a "final" re-run? Demand, an expiring license, or some combination thereof?

#7 4 years ago

You would have to ask Kevin, I have no idea.....

#8 4 years ago

Stu, why cant you guys have all your previous releases in stock? Specifically BOP but I'm sure there are many other people that want some of your past releases but it says "out of stock" on your website. The demand is clearly there for a constant supply.

#9 4 years ago

Anybody making needed Roadshow plastics?

#10 4 years ago

It doesn't make sense for us to keep our Cash Flow sitting on a shelf 'waiting' to be sold off when we can use our cash flow to do new runs and then do re-runs when ALL suppliers have sold out of them. If some of our suppliers have them in-stock then they are 'available' for purchase and we move on to other stuff that "isn't" available.....we usually do re-runs about every 4 years after the initial release, this allows the distributors to sell out as well as build up a demand ( 20 people is NOT a Demand ) and then we re-run them ( we usually run 100-200 sets of each title ) and we need to be able to sell the majority within 30 days of the release so that we have cash flow to do the next couple of sets, If we can't sell 60-70% of the run within 30 Days of release then we wait until we Can sell 60-70% within 30 Days of release......

Quoted from SuperPinball:

Stu, why cant you guys have all your previous releases in stock?

The demand is NOT there for a CONSTANT supply....

Quoted from SuperPinball:

The demand is clearly there for a constant supply.

#11 4 years ago

To CPR defence, it takes time and money to set up the screens to do a run of plastics
Remember, some plastic sets need 16 differentcolors, that means 16 screens
There is no profit if they only make 20 sets

#12 4 years ago

ok that makes sense.

#13 4 years ago

Nice work CPR, I will own an F-14 at some point. Tempted to buy a set for when I do.

#14 4 years ago

My Xenon has a CRP gold playfield, absolutely gorgeous.

#15 4 years ago

Yup, if you have either game or one is on your wish list - buy them now.

#16 4 years ago

When CPR released their first batch of plastics for Viking, Lightning, Seawitch and EBD, I spent $600 to buy them all, because the philosophy was "when they're gone, they're gone". I think this is smart of CPR. I'm not a hoarder, so I sold the EBD and Seawitch plastics (for even money) and I just bought a Lightning. So...anybody need Viking plastics?

#17 4 years ago

Stu, this is a little off topic but the last couple of posts got me to thinking. What has been the biggest flop for CPR as far as plastics or playfields? It could be runs that sold OK but not as well as expected or runs that just flat out died on the vine. Just call me Curious George...

#18 4 years ago

Hang Glider Plastics. This was a title/project that was chosen by the artist that drew it not by CPR. We printed 100 sets and only sold 6.

#19 4 years ago

If I ever pick up a Hang Glider I promise to buy a set.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Hang Glider Plastics. This was a title/project that was chosen by the artist that drew it not by CPR. We printed 100 sets and only sold 6.

Wasn't that the set with one plastic the wrong size? That might explain the low demand.

#21 4 years ago

I would love a F-14 CPR playfield to go with my new plastic set. When do you take orders?

#22 4 years ago

I want to order the F14 plastics. When i email my paypal, do i just do the $145.00 plus the $14.00 shipping in Canada and that is it ? Or do i need to add tax to that myself ? Kind of a confusing way to order.

#23 4 years ago

If you really want to improve your cash flow how about an Earthshaker playfield?

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from royt:

If you really want to improve your cash flow how about an Earthshaker playfield?

This has been covered over and over before. Someone else has ES, there's a holdup. it's not coming from CPR. Too bad really, great table.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I want to order the F14 plastics. When i email my paypal, do i just do the $145.00 plus the $14.00 shipping in Canada and that is it ? Or do i need to add tax to that myself ? Kind of a confusing way to order.

Can someone confirm this for me ? I would like to order tonight if i can. Stu ?

#26 4 years ago

Think you guys may re-run the Space Shuttle plastic set? Thank God for you guys...great sets.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

Think you guys may re-run the Space Shuttle plastic set? Thank God for you guys...great sets.

I just purchased a new set from partsforpinballs out of Norway 3 weeks ago . Go to their website , im sure they must still have a few more in stock.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

SUPERBEE said:

Can someone confirm this for me ? I would like to order tonight if i can. Stu ?

ok, even when i type in orders@classicplayfields.com into my paypal it says that that email address is not valid. also, do i pay in Canadian or American dollars ??? Pretty frustrating way to order if you ask me.

#29 4 years ago

Just pay the 145 + 14 in us funds and any extra charges will come at the end when it gets delivered just like it is with most us ordering unless you pre pay brokerage fees or set up your own.
As far as email address I don't know. I had no issues a month ago

You can also add up to 4 plastic sets for same shipping cost with cpr

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

any extra charges will come at the end when it gets delivered just like it is with most us ordering unless you pre pay brokerage fees or set up your own.

There are no extra charges. Everything ships from Nova Scotia. CPR is Canadian, remember?

There aren't any extra charges for anybody, USA or otherwise, because we pre-broker everything international (outside Canada) so nothing arrives with a COD charge from UPS. It's all included in our shipping price up front.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

then do re-runs when ALL suppliers have sold out

lots of backglasses sold out straight away. What's the chances of reruns on these? I NEED an Earthshaker glass!

#32 4 years ago

Thank you CPR for your products! My vote goes for making Embryon plastics and playfield.

#33 4 years ago

I will not tie up this thread with needs and wants.

What i will do is say THANK YOU for everything they have made, and continue to make for pinball.

Well done Kevin, Stu, and EVERYONE involved with CPR. You guys take a lot of crap, and I appreciate all you do.

Chris

#34 4 years ago

Ordered my F-14 plastics last night.

#35 4 years ago

Ordered!
Yippee!!

#36 4 years ago

Thanks for your purchases.....

#37 4 years ago

logistics for this type of [hobby] can be a nightmare. I tip my hat off to the guys @ CPR for being able to do it extremely well (because if they didn't, CPR wouldn't still be around).

like stu mentioned, it comes down to cost, storage space and how quickly you expect to move your inventory. you don't want titles (like the hang glider plastic sets), because now you have capital tied up for a prolonged (possibly endless) period of time for product that isn't moving.

conversely, you don't want to under produce and sell out with a demand that is still there (especially if the demand is equal or greater than the initial demand) because for each run, there are set up costs involved.

the biggest problem with what they do is that the demand cannot be measured using data from the sales of previous projects. every project that they do is unique and the demand varies. yes, you can take pre-orders, however there are external forces (people/distributors cancelling) after you've created the product, leaving you to eat those costs or sit on that inventory (again, tying up capital that could have been used for other projects).

if you look at the joust plastics project (something that I know the in's and out's of to the penny), and factor that this was a 2.5+ year project with a huge number of hours invested. had we charged for that time, the final price would have been more than 3x the price that we ended up selling them for.

and all of those costs? those were fronted by myself, because just like CPR, it's a matter of ethics to not take any money until the product is ready to be shipped. now, given the number of projects that they have going on at any given time, you try and do the math and figure out how much capital that requires (in addition to their other daily costs; rent, salaries, benefits, utilities, etc...)

#38 4 years ago

well put, thanks.....

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Thanks for your purchases.....

I've not yet received a confirmation of my order (other than "You sent a payment") and nervous the set will sell out and vanish if there's something wrong with my order.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I just purchased a new set from partsforpinballs out of Norway 3 weeks ago . Go to their website , im sure they must still have a few more in stock.

Sold out. Thanks though

#41 4 years ago

Being from Canada, do i pay the $159.00 in Canadian or American funds ?

#42 4 years ago

The website states USD.
Ordered F-14 plastics today, and now I just have to wait for my machine to arrive!

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

You pay US$ - sucks since the CAN$ dropped like a rock, but oh well. Just send the money (goods and services) via PayPal to the email listed on the order page.

That being said, have been waiting for the F14 set for sometime now, and figured I might as well splurge for the Getaway set as well...now the wait begins...

BTW - thanks for making these available once again.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Its not that hard! just place your order

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Its not that hard! just place your order

i know its not hard, Paypal asks if I want to pay in American or Canadian funds. $159.00 is quite a jump from American and Canadian funds. Big difference Just a simple question .

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

You pay US$ - sucks since the CAN$ dropped like a rock, but oh well. Just send the money (goods and services) via PayPal to the email listed on the order page.

Thank you sir.

#47 4 years ago

I'm assuming your asking about the Harley Davidson Plastics...as it clearly reads next to the
Price: Price: $159.00 USD ( USD as in U.S. DOLLARS )

Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Quoted from SUPERBEE:

i know its not hard, Paypal asks if I want to pay in American or Canadian funds. $159.00 is quite a jump from American and Canadian funds. Big difference Just a simple question .

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

I'm assuming your asking about the Harley Davidson Plastics...as it clearly reads next to the Price: Price: $159.00 USD ( USD as in U.S. DOLLARS )

Actually its the F14 im looking at. Sorry, didnt see that. Thank you though.

#49 4 years ago

F14 Plastics:
Price: $ 145.00 USD ( U.S. DOLLARS ) + $ 14.00 USD ( U.S. DOLLARS ) = $ 159.00 USD ( U.S. DOLLARS )

Just to help clear up any further confusion......

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

F14 Plastics:
Price: $ 145.00 USD ( U.S. DOLLARS ) + $ 14.00 USD ( U.S. DOLLARS ) = $ 159.00 USD ( U.S. DOLLARS )

Just to help clear up any further confusion......

Thanks Stu,
Order sent.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Olive Branch, MS
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canfield, OH
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside