• 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Stu
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FullSizeRender.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

We are proud to announce that our new Evel Knievel Playfields are now done and we will be contacting people in waves starting today and running throughout the month. If there are any leftovers after we purge the pre-order list they will be available to the general public on the CPR web site Store page.....

Check out the Gallery here: http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo172.html

Thanks,
Stu
CPR Art Director
http://www.classicplayfields.com

1 week later
#24 9 years ago

Seriously???? You guys that are whining about a green translucent insert being not opaque....This leads me to believe that you are a "purist" ? Right? So if you're a "purist" then why are you buying a "Reproduction" playfield ( or any repro part for that matter ). You "purists" should never touch a repro anything, as a Purist you should be doing Touch-Ups & Clear-Coating an Original playfield not buying a Repro! So at this point I have to question you being a purist.....and if your Not really a purist, then just put your old playfield away - install the repro & enjoy your new game.....damn.

#29 9 years ago

As Mike mentioned above: He DID match the source board we had. And that board was a "used" playfield, came out of a production game, and was originally manufactured by Bally, so "technically" speaking the Green Translucent Insert is 100% Correct as it matches the OEM Bally Board we have.

So we did match it as closely to the original as possible.....the fact that our repro board doesn't match "your" board is irrelevant, we did match a Used OEM Board from Bally......Keeping in mind that there were 4 Different Playfield Manufacturers making playfields for Bally and none of them ever matched each other.......

Quoted from DRDAVE:

Just trying to get them as close to the original it's replacing that's all.

Quoted from CPR:

I have to follow something and in almost every case we follow the examples that we have on hand. What that means is that I have an ACTUAL playfield that came out of an actual game and those are the colors I order and the colors we glue in. There is NO advantage whatsoever, to not using the same inserts that are in my sample.

#30 9 years ago

ok, so I guess what bothers me the most is that we sweat blood to make new parts and most of the time we do not really make a profit at it and Within 2-3 DAYS of a product being released it's already being shit all over by people on the forums > Can't you guys Wait until at least a Month AFTER it's been released to shit all over it????

You do realize that every time we release a new product & it gets shit on within a couple of days that it kills our sales! Cut us a break will ya, give it a month before you go peeing in our cheerios!

EDIT: End Rant. It's Beer:30

#37 9 years ago

Your trying to Kill Me now? > I'm Diabetic!

Quoted from Rock914:

Stu man, grab a Snickers bar.

Customer Support? I didn't realize CPR actually had a "Customer Support" representative....can you tell me who that is 'cause Me, Mike & Kevin would like to know.....

Quoted from Rock914:

That being said your customer support sucks for me.

1 week later
#42 9 years ago

Once we have purged the Pre-Order list any left-overs will be available on the CPR Web Site Store page

#44 9 years ago

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

FYI - This note now appears on the photo gallery:

"PLEASE NOTE: Double Bonus Inserts are OPAQUE GREEN for 99% of the run.
It was a total fluke that this one-off with transparents was grabbed for the photography."

So...not sure about the sample board explanation, but the production boards were made with the correct insert.

Sales should be fine, and both "purists" & "non-purists" alike should be happy now!

#48 8 years ago

Now that's a Plan !

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-new-evel-knievel-playfields?tu=stu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.