(Topic ID: 214823)

CPR making Joust Playfields > sign up now!

By Whysnow

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7645 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

They sent out an email on the topic to detail it.

In short, these are going to be made the right way and will be bent and shipped bent. They will be made out of a slightly ticker wood so more robust at the cut/bend and better than originals for that point alone.

They will make ONLY the # ordered.

They need at least 40? commitments in order to make these and will not do any over run. In other words, this is a 1 and done forever sort of thing. So even if you dont have a Joust but plan on getting on down the road, then now is the time to order.

They are looking for pre-order commitments now to get official #s but they will happen pretty quickly/ bump to the front once they get to 40+ orders

Get on it and spread the word please!

#2 6 years ago

What's the commitment number up to at this point?

John

#3 6 years ago

The cost is 1200 for those not clicking through to CPR's site.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

What's the commitment number up to at this point?
John

no idea and guessing they will tell us when it gets close to 40 (if they need a few more) or surpassed 40 (so we can all rejoice)

Email just went out on Sat? Hoping people commit soon as this is a top 3 that I would like to restore.

#5 6 years ago

I am in , and would love to see this made. What are the chances the plastics could be done again as well?.

#6 6 years ago

Nice! This will mean we will get some restored Jousts floating around soon. Always good news.

#7 6 years ago

I'm in for two of these. This is pretty cool.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I am in , and would love to see this made. What are the chances the plastics could be done again as well?.

contact here for info/possibility of plastics

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joust-owners-club-ostrich-riders-and-pterodactyl-slayers-wanted#post-4342001

#9 6 years ago

Thanks Hilton , message sent.

#10 6 years ago

Bump and tell your friends!

#11 6 years ago

I'd be interested if I could find a game.

#12 6 years ago

never seen this game for sale locally

#13 6 years ago

how can we find out how many are on the preorder list? has to be getting close to 40. I'd think anyone who owns this should be interested in buying one if they know about it.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

I'd be interested if I could find a game.

This is honestly one of those times where you may have to buy the pf before the game so you have it when the game comes along. I do that for lots of titles.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

never seen this game for sale locally

Like most titles down here, look beyond the local online cliques for your benchmark and you will.

I know of two individual machines that have changed hands in the last 24 months whose previous and new owners maintain no local forum presence.

No doubt there are more that fit into this category.

#16 6 years ago

bump

Get in now before you can no longer get in...

#17 6 years ago

I love that they are making these! More Joust playfields means more chances to buy a restored one down the road.

#18 6 years ago

Bump for a great game.

#19 6 years ago

Great game bump.

#20 5 years ago

I believe they are nearly sold out. Can't wait to get mine.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I believe they are nearly sold out. Can't wait to get mine.

Awesome news!!!

#22 5 years ago

Bump

#23 5 years ago

Joust weekend bump!

1 week later
#24 5 years ago

kevin and I spoke the other day about the up-coming on demand playfield plastics and did mention that he was floored at the response of people re-confirming their positions on the list

I'm currently working to get the 4 brackets underneath the playfield reproduced (the ones that hold the 2 halves of the playfield to 170°
these will be installed by CPR after the playfields are screened

after that, I believe my next task will be to construct the cardboard packaging triangles so that the pre-bent playfields can be shipped without any worry or concern

#25 5 years ago

Thx for your efforts!

#26 5 years ago

Is wonder if any anyone will repro the marquee plastics on the sides? Seems like most are faded.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Is wonder if any anyone will repro the marquee plastics on the sides? Seems like most are faded.

Bump.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

would be nice. Also > anywhere to get nice replacements for the original drop targets?

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Is wonder if any anyone will repro the marquee plastics on the sides ends? Seems like most are faded.

corrected that for you

apparently, you missed this thread (and specifically this post
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-williams-joust-playfield-plastics/page/5#post-1751695

and this newer thread about on demand playfield plastics sets coming, sign up here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joust-owners-club-ostrich-riders-and-pterodactyl-slayers-wanted

Quoted from Whysnow:

would be nice. Also > anywhere to get nice replacements for the original drop targets?

I've reached out to james loflin on these a number of times but apparently the original molds were never located for either the thinner targets (as found in the 3-bank drops) or the tombstone, roll over topped ones that feature an inverted "T" base

planetary pinball sells replacement stickers for the face of the targets, however since they are sold in sets of 4, you would need to purchase 4 sets for a complete set of stickers (4 for the tombstone roll over targets and 12 for the four 3-bank drop targets
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPA-30-1111-LM

1 month later
#30 5 years ago

If you signed up to commit for this CPR Joust pf, then check your email. Things just got interesting and quite the deal for those that are going the CPR route.

#31 5 years ago

Like someone else mentioned, I would just love to find one of these games!

#32 5 years ago

Not trying to start shit here, but as an interested party as I own the game what's going on at CPR ???

Mirco just posted this today on Facebook
Hi All!

I have just finished Joust playfields. They are available for shipping right now.

The playfields are already bowed and fixed with two steel brackets for transport.

Due to our process with the use of several Robots we have only one perfect quality level. So everybody will recieve the same playfield.

We use a Robot to apply a custom made clearcoat which is very shiny and smooth. Same clearcoat is used for our JJP and American Pinball playfields.

All playfields are completely drilled and dimpled and will be shipped in a 3 layer special made cardboard box which lasts more than 220 pounds. I use Fedex priority which is insured and usually takes 2-3 business days worldwide.

They are 1099$ shipped to the USA.

Additional Pictures can be found on my Facebook page.

Regards,
Mirco

P.S.: Next playfields will be Fish Tales, Black Hole and Haunte Hause.

All playfields I made are available and are in stock.

IMG_7645 (resized).JPGIMG_7645 (resized).JPG
#33 5 years ago

In short, if you are interested in a Joust pf then email CPR right now.

They sent an email to everyone on the committed list with details of what the are offering and to me the choice is clear, esp if you want plastics and aprons for your joust.

#34 5 years ago

I appreciate the PMs and for people setting me straight on the information by far and away it's clear that the choice would be a CPR playfield for this purchase. A lot of time and investment for the past four years for Kevin and the CPR boys.

1 week later
#35 5 years ago

a little bird told me that there should be news coming very soon from the CPR camp on the playfields

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

a little bird told me that there should be news coming very soon from the CPR camp on the playfields

awesome and looking forward to it!

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Like someone else mentioned, I would just love to find one of these games!

It would probably be quicker to just build one from scratch with the CPR playfield.

Such a simple game with so few parts.

#38 5 years ago

Why would you get on the CPR list when Mirco has them already made? Because CPR is threatening to not give people who buy Mirco the plastics and Apron. Maybe CPR should not have sat on this title for years on end?

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Why would you get on the CPR list when Mirco has them already made? Because CPR is threatening to not give people who buy Mirco the plastics and Apron. Maybe CPR should not have sat on this title for years on end?

many reasons to support the company that took the time to draw the art in the good old US with pinheads at the helm.

They clearly did not "sit on this" as it took many years to gauge the interest and even find at least 50 people willing to commit in advance. once they got enough commitments, then they pushed forward.

#1 reason to support them is I committed to them years ago by putting my name on the pre-order/ interested list.
#2 reason is that they have better wood quality (my opinion and experience when comparing the 2 companies)
#3 reason is that i can get plastics and aprons if i order through them. This is honestly huge and anyone sinking this kind of money into a resotration is going to want to do it up right. I think under the circumstances it only make sense for them to work it this way.
#4 is that I do not support the idea of purposefully duplicating a limited title like this and Mirco made a conscious decision to do so for poor reasons. I will not reward that and in fact I will avoid buying pfs from him unless no other option.

#40 5 years ago

I have to jump in here and put something right.

I have decided to run joust at tpf this year when several people where asking me if I cannot do it as CPR still has it in the maybe we could run it some time or maybe we do never do it zone.

As soon as they heard that I do it the title moved up in the line of next playfields. At that time i have already pushed the art into preparation. So to say I tried to kill their business is nonescence. To be honest - I don't care what titles they do and do not try to hurt them. If I would try to do that I would sell the joust for example at 800$ or less. But i don't do that. So please don't accuse me here for something without knowing the right facts.

Regards,
Mirco

3 months later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-making-joust-playfields-sign-up-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.