dolly-zombie.jpg
DollyPartonPF.jpg
DollyPartonPF.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 11 years ago

(More info here if you're not familiar with this: http://www.classicplayfields.com/lostvegas.html ) CAUTION: R-Rated

May or may not be a long wait, but I found my donor pin (sorry Dolly), and I'm pretty excited about it. Anyone else on board with the pre-order?

Found my donor Dolly tucked away in a garage in Jersey City, now safely home in the Jersey burbs ready for a teardown.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Little to x-rated for my game room, but I'll be excited to see a finished one.

#3 11 years ago

with pinball price going up, will cpr keep the same price? i doubt it, and if it's ever done!

this is from their website: '' In the end it will be possible
for a small crowd of lucky pinballers to literally build a new original pinball machine for around $1500,
end-to-end, all inclusive ''

#4 11 years ago

For it's time, Dolly was not that bad of a pin.

Give it a few plays before killing it.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

For it's time, Dolly was not that bad of a pin.
Give it a few plays before killing it.

Noted, thanks Vid. Actually I can't resist the urge to clean it up, as is, and play it out until the kit is ready. I must say though, This is one filthy Dolly Parton. This is going to be a labor of love x10.

Really looking forward to the conversion kit. This will be a first for me. Looks like the kit has a long way to go for primetime, but I'm patient. Who knows, I might warm up to Dolly and keep her around.

Brian

#6 11 years ago

Nice Dolly, good luck with the conversion.
Is that a CB350 Four in the background? I love those old Hondas.

#7 11 years ago

Down here in TN, you can get a very pretty Penny for a descent Dolly. I would be hard pressed to strip one for a mod like that.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Nice Dolly, good luck with the conversion.
Is that a CB350 Four in the background? I love those old Hondas.

Good eye. Yep, it's a 1972 CB350F. Great history behind it. Given to me by a good friend and Vietnam vet who drove it for years all over North Jersey. Runs and rides great.

Brian

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Down here in TN, you can get a very pretty Penny for a descent Dolly. I would be hard pressed to strip one for a mod like that.

Dolly number 1 trending on yahoo right now! Take that pin to Pigeon Forge TN double or triple your money.

#10 11 years ago

Looks awesome.. but one question...

in post apocapylpic Lost Vegas, why would a chick wander around topless like that? Seems like she may catch something.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

in post apocapylpic Lost Vegas, why would a chick wander around topless like that? Seems like she may catch something.

I don't have a problem with it. Nekkid chicks in Vegas - Woohoo!

#12 11 years ago

The girls in Lost Vegas were all Strippers...read the comic...

Quoted from jonogo:

#13 11 years ago

That is pg13 at most. See about the same level of nudity on tv during family hours.

#14 11 years ago

Just to stir up a little interest on this. Here's the PGPG13 pics I can post. Check out the site for the racy stuff and backglass sketches.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

1 month later
#15 11 years ago

Passed on a clean Dolly here in Minneapolis with asking price of $500, then $430, then $355. Should have picked it up. It's now selling for $950.

Would have liked to see more artwork for Lost Vegas before taking the plunge. Excited to see it when completed.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Passed on a clean Dolly here in Minneapolis with asking price of $500, then $430, then $355. Should have picked it up. It's now selling for $950.
Would have liked to see more artwork for Lost Vegas before taking the plunge. Excited to see it when completed.

My Dolly cost a whopping $155 off eBay. I got it cleaned up a little and it boots. Won't play yet, PCB connectors are in need. I'm actually itching to give her a good shop job and get her running proper. The Lost Vegas conversion may be long in coming ... and why not take Dolly out for a little fun ... The ol' gal deserves it.

Brian

2 weeks later
#17 11 years ago

Looks like things have been pushed way out with Lost Vegas... Better get to liking Dolly for a while.

Here's an update from Kevin at CPR. Interesting read, even if it is sharing some bad news:

http://rgparchive-removed.com/rgpforum/showthread.php?t=461170&page=2

#18 11 years ago

Here's an idea seeing a number of people have a Dolly pin waiting in the wings.
Somebody make a scan of a Dolly playfield accurately plotting where all the holes and inserts are located. Then post it up here for all the amature and professional artist on the forum to take a whack at creating their own retheme.

The artist then post a thumbnail version of their work for all to see. If a Dolly pin owner likes what they see, they contact the artist in question for the "print size" version of the file so the can take it to a printer, like what Betelgeuse did with his "GhostBusters".

I think this is a neat idea, but have no idea how it would workout in real life.

Some wordy disclaimer would go here basically saying that any exchange of money, goods or services (if any) would be between the artist and the end user, this website and it affiliates would not be involved.

#19 11 years ago

here is a playfield image from VPForum

DollyPartonPF.jpgDollyPartonPF.jpg

#20 11 years ago

First look at the long anticipate Dolly Parton Zombie Pin

DollyPartonPF.jpgDollyPartonPF.jpg dolly-zombie.jpgdolly-zombie.jpg

#21 11 years ago

I look at the playfield layout and just don't see why it would be considered a fun pin. But I have never played it. Can someone with experience here please explain the draw rule and layout wise?

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Bowman9:

First look at the long anticipate Dolly Parton Zombie Pin

That would be awesome....

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

That would be awesome....

I might have to mod my blown out pf to this. Awesome in a completely Dolly Disrespect way.

3 months later
#24 10 years ago

i think i make my dolly a nice PIN UP SIDE pinball hahahihi

#25 10 years ago

I finally had to make room for other things so I restored my Dolly and sold it.

http://www.pinwizman.com/Dolly.html

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Vet-N-Vet:

I finally had to make room for other things so I restored my Dolly and sold it.
http://www.pinwizman.com/Dolly.html

Wow, nice work on the resto.

Yeah, I'm losing patience. CPR needs to provides status report. Many have gone out of our way to find, prep, and store a Dolly for this project.

#27 10 years ago

Yeah Ive been on the preorder list for this conversion i think about 3 years now Ive pretty much given up hope seems like the conversion project has gone nowhere.
Dont know if they aer or where going to change the layout no samples, but a few pics and a video since i first saw it Honestly im kinda over it nowdays it has taken too long and interest has faded.

#28 10 years ago

I believe the playfield and rules are complete.

But the unfortunate events involving Mark Clayton, I.e Pinball Pal, has thrown the project into a stasis. Mark was developing the sound board for the project as I recall.

Unfortunately, this project looks dead.

I too was on the Pre-Order and it is a shame we most likely will never see the project completed.

Marcus

#29 10 years ago

Marcus,

the project is not dead, it's simply on hold for now. We do have someone else working on the Sound Board. The biggest hurdle is we are no longer using Stephine for the artwork and we had plans to work with Greg Ferres on the Original Artwork. Greg was hopefully going to start the project direcly after WNBJM, however, a monkey wrench was thrown into that plan when Greg took a full time position with Stern & moved to Chicago. All of this has been explained in the Forums many times (I don't understand why everybody dosen't realize this). So at this point we are focusing on getting new product out while we look for a new artist for the Original Art.....

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Marcus,
the project is not dead, it's simply on hold for now. We do have someone else working on the Sound Board. The biggest hurdle is we are no longer using Stephine for the artwork and we had plans to work with Greg Ferres on the Original Artwork. Greg was hopefully going to start the project direcly after WNBJM, however, a monkey wrench was thrown into that plan when Greg took a full time position with Stern & moved to Chicago. All of this has been explained in the Forums many times (I don't understand why everybody dosen't realize this). So at this point we are focusing on getting new product out while we look for a new artist for the Original Art.....

Stu - saw the update from Kevin back in January. No disrespect intended - just anxious here. I understand the circumstances, however I was hoping for some update from CPR since it has been 4 months. The CPR web site still markets the project with great enthusiasm, and I would think it's due for a bit of revision to avoid setting the wrong expectation.

Brian

#31 10 years ago

I sold my Dolly a while ago. Still on the list, and still planing to buy when it comes out. I will just wait and get a dolly after I have the kit in hand.

#32 10 years ago

My apologies Stu.

I hope you are able to find an artist soon as I am very eager to get my Lost Vegas Kit.

Marcus

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I look at the playfield layout and just don't see why it would be considered a fun pin. But I have never played it. Can someone with experience here please explain the draw rule and layout wise?

I really don't know how to explain it but the game is fun for a very simple layout. Especially if your trying to knock down those inline drop targets. Its actually got the "one more" game feeling. I would have people come over and look at me wierd when they saw that the pinball machine I had was "Dolly Parton". Yet once they started playing it, they kept playing it. Lots of fun multi-player games played while I had it. I sold it to a friend of mine and he had the same experiance when ever someone came over.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from EvilJack:

I really don't know how to explain it but the game is fun for a very simple layout. Especially if your trying to knock down those inline drop targets. Its actually got the "one more" game feeling. I would have people come over and look at me wierd when they saw that the pinball machine I had was "Dolly Parton". Yet once they started playing it, they kept playing it. Lots of fun multi-player games played while I had it. I sold it to a friend of mine and he had the same experiance when ever someone came over.

Agreed. It's actually a tough game. Think Eight Ball Deluxe with the inlines and Paragon as far as trying to spell "Parton" letters. The "Dolly" standups are for the most part are not direct shots either. As with a lot of Bally games from that era a good strategy can be to get the spinner lit for 1000 and try to pound it, but you don't get as many opportunities with Dolly as you do with other games.

#35 10 years ago

CPR should get JScottCampbell to do the art work. His work is amazing.

http://www.jscottcampbell.com/

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from EvilJack:

WoW, amazing art work! Some of these would look great hung up in the game room. Love the Arabian nights print.

Brian

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from EvilJack:

SOLD ... The guy knows how to draw chicks. Perfect match with the CPR Lost Vegas theme. Go for it CPR!

Brian

#38 10 years ago

I have looked at this artists work and while he is an incredible artist his work would not be possible for the Lost Vegas project and here's why: All of this artists work is reproduced in a CMYK color format, however, we Need and Want everything to be printed in a Spot Color format. So this artist would have to Change his "style" of Drawing to utilize "halftoning" instead of "blending" colors (like an airbrush). Sorry guys...

Quoted from pinster68:

SOLD ... The guy knows how to draw chicks. Perfect match with the CPR Lost Vegas theme. Go for it CPR!

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

I have looked at this artists work and while he is an incredible artist his work would not be possible for the Lost Vegas project and here's why: All of this artists work is reproduced in a CMYK color format, however, we Need and Want everything to be printed in a Spot Color format. So this artist would have to Change his "style" of Drawing to utilize "halftoning" instead of "blending" colors (like an airbrush). Sorry guys...

Oh well was worth a shot. I appreciate you explaining it and not just saying "no it won't work".

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Stu, See if there is anyway he can change up his style and still get the same effect. His work would be great for the project but I know it is not as simple as it looks and thanks for the explanation. Ohhhh so close.....

Maybe you can find a Japanese artist like Stan F. ?? I know his work would be great but would be costly.

Bill

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from EvilJack:

Oh well was worth a shot. I appreciate you explaining it and not just saying "no it won't work".

Likewise Stu. Thanks for chiming in.

Just disassembled my Dolly P for storage until things come back on target.

Bran

1 year later
#42 9 years ago

I apologize if I missed something in regards to this project (as I see it has been quite some time since the last post), but was it canceled or such? I recently saw a Dolly Parton machine and it reminded me about this...

Brad

#43 9 years ago

Somewhere...
Over A Rainbow...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, TN
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-lost-vegas-le-conversion-anyone-in and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.