Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by tomdrum
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Imam1 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

I thought this was a joke at first but it's real. .999999% "non platinum". WTF?

https://classicplayfields.com/coin/

How about make more PF's that are out of stock and new titles?

#2 2 years ago

Looks like just a fun promo.

I'll take a whitewater playfield though that isn't made by micro.

#3 2 years ago

That is one large "coin".
    Seems more like a medallion of some kind to me than a coin.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

https://classicplayfields.com/coin/

Says I’m blocked from accessing this website?

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Says I’m blocked from accessing this website?

Who did you piss off? The link works.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Who did you piss off? The link works.

Something weird, must be works’ IP is blocked.

Someone accidentally posted the April Fools video early!

#7 2 years ago

Worked for me

Nice promo but will cost ya easy 2k for the free coin

#8 2 years ago

yeah; I only needed the intro to know that it was early... but also; all I have to do is watch the video?!? LOL

Edit: um... maybe not

#9 2 years ago

I know what a challenge coin is. Doesn’t make much sense coming from CPR. Love their playfields and I have enough “challenge” just doing a swap.

#10 2 years ago

This is like that time the US Treasury did an April fools joke called the “sacagawea dollar”

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

That is one large "coin".
    Seems more like a medallion of some kind to me than a coin.

I was able to decipher the CPR medallion, it said Williams Indiana Jones playfields belong in a museum.

Imam1 (resized).jpgImam1 (resized).jpg
    #12 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

It's fake. There ain't no boobs on it. If this were a CPR original design, there would be boobs...

#13 2 years ago

Being recommended by some customers to get over here on Pinside to put out a silly fire... (sigh)

Quoted from tomdrum:

Tom Tom Tom ... take 'er easy, dude.

The 'infomercial' IS a joke It was meant to be like one of those "commemorative coin" commercials from the late 90's, that you'd see on TV, or the Home Shopping Network. .999999 Non-Platinum? You didn't get it? Oh well...

Quoted from tomdrum:

CPR is now producing coins [title]

Just to be clear, since this seems to have gone WAY over some people's heads... no, CPR is NOT producing coins. The title is misinformation. It needs to be changed to something like "CPR is offering free reward coins if you buy a trilogy".

Quoted from tomdrum:

Production is not effected one bit, as I repeat - we did NOT make these. We had these commissioned from a private coin/medal mint. They're all done now, and here, and they ship with any applicable orders. It's really that simple. A cool unique gift for higher-spenders. An encouragement if you happen to be taking two items, to stretch to add a third. Maybe a friend can come in on your order. So many possibilities. It's a Challenge Coin. I guess some have never heard of such a thing.

Quoted from pinfarmer:

Looks like just a fun promo.

Somebody gets it

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Someone accidentally posted the April Fools video early!

It's been on the site for almost 3 weeks now. Dozens have 'stretched' and earned theirs... guess some have simply been late to the party. OK.

Maybe this thread is the April Fools joke? Heehee

Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Nice promo but will cost ya easy 2k for the free coin

Around $1300, actually. Bundle-discounts are still in effect, as they always have been. Essentially, people have been buying 'trilogies' (PF+glass+plastics) on a daily basis for years. That's nothing new. What's new is that we're going to give those people a unique little gift for their higher spending & patronage. How this lands on Pinside as anything 'controversial' is disappointing and comes across as kinda Negative Nancy.

No hard feelings to Tomdrum or anybody...
    I would appreciate a title change to this thread, if that is not too much to ask?

KEVIN
    Classic Playfield Reproductions
    http://www.classicplayfields.com

#14 2 years ago

Quoted from mcluvin:It's fake. There ain't no boobs on it. If this were a CPR original design, there would be boobs...

Now THAT is funny LOL Good burn.

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from KevinCPR:

I would appreciate a title change to this thread, if that is not too much to ask?

It will cost you ten coins… if you want a favorable title you must stretch to twenty coins.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from KevinCPR:

Around $1300, actually. Bundle-discounts are still in effect, as they always have been. Essentially, people have been buying 'trilogies' (PF+glass+plastics) on a daily basis for years. That's nothing new.

Yup, I just purchased a Centaur backglass, playfield and plastic set the end of last year.

Looks like a fun little promo.

#17 2 years ago

Theres a few things to criticize CPR over, but this ain't it. Thanks for your explanation Kevin, and frankly I am embarrassed that you even needed to do that. Now those alternate plastic sets and toppers and retheme playfields on the other hand...

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from KevinCPR:

The title is misinformation. It needs to be changed to something like "CPR is offering free reward coins if you buy a trilogy".

Would help if the website also said anything like that. I assume it's in the video, which I don't have the patience for. Text is nifty.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from KevinCPR:

The title is misinformation. It needs to be changed to something like "CPR is offering free reward coins if you buy a trilogy".

Done Kevin.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-is-now-producing-coins?hl=dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.