20191025_171503[2] (resized).jpg
7 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20191023_152610[1] (resized).jpg
20191024_100901[1] (resized).jpg
20191025_054517[1] (resized).jpg
20191025_150245[1] (resized).jpg
20191025_151113[1] (resized).jpg
There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

I can paint and clear. Made this yesterday.
Used 2-part Auto Clear on top of the decals.
Has some boogers and lint in it, but it was a fast project based on spare wrinkled decal and a $20 skateboard deck.
I can do better in a clean room.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy fuk how much for the skateboard

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

"Polycuramine" is the word of the day people.
95% solid (5% evaporate when curing)
Waaaay harder than any paint on the planet and harder than traditional epoxy. Not cheap!
Auto Clear......15% solid.....85% evaporate and takes forever to cure and is not as hard. But it is a lot cheaper.

I just did my garage floor with this stuff

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

This is the natural grain of the wood coming through.
The ink and clear have absorbed into it like sponge. This is exclusive to the wood which is why you won’t see that in the inserts.
It is a real tough thing to predict.
The playfield likely looked as slick as glass when it was fresh and over time the wood has reclaimed the materials.
Sanding and polishing will help.
Reclearing will reset it but there is no guarantee that it won’t look the same in another 6 or so months.
I have redone ones like this numerous times over the years. Sometimes it can be fully eliminated others it can come back in time although never as bad.

Informative! Thanks for sharing that.

#54 4 years ago

It is like thick molasses.

I use a heat gun to pop any bubbles.

It self-levels awesome! Can fill deep cracks and holes.

Whack it with a hammer when cured.

Try not to incorporate any air when mixing, or use a vacuum mixer (I have a vacuum mixer)

It comes in 2 bags, with no air. You break the seal and mix in the bag.

I don't do this. It's too much for a pin or backglass.

I have coated maybe 10 backglass with this the past year, and maybe 5 playfields.

This is my 3rd purchase of this product.

Again, I tried multiple times Auto-clear as well. Really hated the results, but so easy to spray. The resin is not so easy at first.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Because I paid as Family and Friends.

Why? If you don't know the guy it seems pretty-stupid to pay for it that way and waive any buyer protection.

#56 4 years ago

Well, I can see the quality issues in the photos. No contest.

I know this seller well. I will say beyond any shadow of doubt that he is an honest person, and probably made the “favor” comment due to the lack of availability. The comment that it was/wasn’t like that was based in honesty.... possibly in error, but honestly.

I also know enough about him to say he would gladly pay you back to get the playfield back (with shipping). You can call us out if you don’t get your money back. We stand behind that.

Now, I understand your position. You have looked high and low for a good one, and thought you found it.. and paid up. I get that for sure. Now, this disappointing discovery has left you with a decision to return and continue to look for another needle in the hay stack, or keep and fix. That sucks.

Sounds like the ink issues are through the run. I won’t defend, not dis CPR, as I too have spent 30 yrs screen printing. It’s very process is riddled with potential issues (even forgetting the poor/less than perfect wood substrate the the pinball world standardized on... and it’s inherent variations) but screens (many ways for those to be screwed up) and films and squeegees and flood bars and ink ... and yes, press operators all pose potential derailing of the project. Then invest in the cnc Cutting, inserts and more to only have on press issues with dripping ink, poor flood coats and more ....RUINING expensive, cut and insert installed and sealed wood. Those boards are of course the ones you didn’t already loose due to warpage before you ever got to the Printing press. These playfields are nothing short of “poster child” projects most screen shops look at and say “ohh hell no”. Trust me.

Anyway it looks like you have CPR originated QC issues, and some post press issues that are identical to what we have all seen over and over. I was just at Expo examining myself these issue on brand new games..... it’s wood folks!

Pirate’s Life is as honest as they come. If he goofed/didn’t inspect, it’s a mistake.
His remarks for it not being bad when he sent, I’m sure are a result of his surprise To see the photos... he just maybe goofed.
Trust me when I say he does not need to try to pawn off a bad playfield for $1,000.
If he says he will give it back... he will.

It’s regrettable you could not work it out between you both without the public shaming. He has given away more money than most common folk through philanthropy... not a person that frankly needs a 1,000.

As for the CPR negative comments... all I can say is screen printing this many colors on wood to the perfection collectors demand is nothing short of a bitch. Should they ship some of what they have? Not mine to judge.

See, I went this far without even mentioning a Hardtop would never do this after manufacturing.

Welp, I hope it works out. Good luck

#57 4 years ago

I have never NOT received anything I have purchased.

Never had a scam. Even buying $9k pins.

The world is a small place, and I found the seller and verified him before paying.

$1k is not the end of the world for me.

#59 4 years ago

The seller is on here quite a bit. Maybe he’ll show and explain.

#60 4 years ago

So I guess It time to respond to the thread. I had two ES playfields in my collection and thought I would probably not restore two games. I saw the request and contacted the purchaser and offered one. I verified I had two and sent a simple picture. I glanced it over and verified they were both "gold " and put one in a box. The buyer was thrilled and I was happy I was doing a good thing. He even offered me more money than I sold it to him for. Apparently the playfield arrived and I was immediately getting texts accused of trying to put one over on him. I was also told how I apparently have no idea how to store playfields in a controlled environment. I apologized for the issues and offered to refund the purchase plus his shipping cost. I also told him I did not appreciate the comments and accusations. I don't roll that way. His response "Fuck off" "You are full of shit". So where do I go with this? This community knows who I am more or less you know I do not take advantage of people.
The refund offer still stands but after that, we are so done. I honestly did think I was doing you a favor, My mistake . It will not happen again.

#61 4 years ago

You might want to look in the mirror bro.

All I see here is sellers beware when dealing with a jerk like you.

#62 4 years ago

You have been in this industry too long NOT to know what you were selling me.

Are you that stupid or what? Should all of your customers now be cautious? YES!

F-you and your blow-buddy from OH.

Sending me a private message on Facebook for this POS playfield.

Why didn't you try to sell it here or on your website?

Bunch of Wankers!

#63 4 years ago

Skypilot is a good dude. He helped me at practically zero cost with my Taxi restore years ago. I’m sorry you’re so upset but he apologized for the mistake and offered a refund. If you aren’t gonna take him up on, why even bother posting?

What’s worse is you obviously have the talent and ability to reclear and relevel this. I feel like a lot of the most nitpicky restorers are gonna reclear a CPR playfield anyways (I didn’t on my Taxi playfield, was fine.) you’re wasting your energy and goodwill being pissed off on this forum. Take a deep breath. It’s only pinball.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

You have been in this industry too long NOT to know what you were selling me.
Are you that stupid or what? Should all of your customers now be cautious? YES!
F-you and your blow-buddy from OH.
Sending me a private message on Facebook for this POS playfield.
Why didn't you try to sell it here or on your website?
Bunch of Wankers!
[quoted image]

66A8033D-0A76-4153-A7C3-FABEB688AC53 (resized).png66A8033D-0A76-4153-A7C3-FABEB688AC53 (resized).png
#65 4 years ago

Skypilot did me a favor when I was in need of a wpc cabinet. I could tell from talking with him when picking it up he was a good dude. He knows what he is doing. No offense to you, but he's not the monster you want to make him out to be. Maybe made a mistake, but I would suggest taking him up on his offer.

#66 4 years ago

Turbo2nr, you are so out of line. Skypilot is one of the most respected people in this hobby. As honest as they come, would do anything for anybody. Your arrogance and immaturity on how you responded to him with your tough guy attitude behind your keyboard tells me what a piece of shit you are. He offered you a full refund plus shipping costs but you puffed your chest out saying your going to fix it. There is absolutely no reason to have created this thread in a pathetic attempt to tarnish his reputation, he offered his sincere apology, a full refund. Enough said. Skypilot doesn’t need $1000.00 sales, he was offering you what you needed from his stash. So to quote you.... F-You!

#67 4 years ago

OP has issues clearly.

Skypilot is well respected here. He offered you a refund. Take it, shut up and go home.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

No, he and CPR want to pass this "Gold" crap off to us and then tell us it was perfect when shipped??
Trying to make me feel bad about it at the same time!
Trying to tell me this was a favor and I should be thankful?
He needs to learn that people don't like this type of sales.
What goes around.....
[quoted image]

It probably was perfect when shipped. It like HEP said. The wood grain can appear later. My JP Pro looked like glass when I got it. Now the grain is showing.

#69 4 years ago

The buyer may be a bit over the top here, but if I own 2 of the same playfield and decide to sell one, you better believe I've gone over them with a fine-toothed comb and kept the better of the 2.

You folks wouldn't? Ha!

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

The buyer may be a bit over the top here, but if I own 2 of the same playfield and decide to sell one, you better believe I've gone over them with a fine-toothed comb and kept the better of the 2.
You folks wouldn't? Ha!

How about when they look the same because they were purchased on the same day and some of us don’t necessarily get critical. Again , I will not make that mistake again. In fact I will most likely not offer up to people I don’t know. It’s just not worth it.

93A91691-EE7C-498A-9ADC-3EE095138377 (resized).png93A91691-EE7C-498A-9ADC-3EE095138377 (resized).png
#71 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

How about when they look the same because they were purchased on the same day and some of us don’t necessarily get critical. Again , I will not make that mistake again. In fact I will most likely not offer up to people I don’t know. It’s just not worth it.

A pic from 10 ft away doesn't explain dick. You know a CPR Gold playfield shouldn't look like that right? Of course, you do. They sent you 2 of them like that?

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Wow my earthshaker silver looks nothing like that its smooth as glass. something definitely went wrong with the process on that!!

More likely the storage location. Non temp/humidity controlled environments can cause this effect.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

I can paint and clear. Made this yesterday.
Used 2-part Auto Clear on top of the decals.
Has some boogers and lint in it, but it was a fast project based on spare wrinkled decal and a $20 skateboard deck.
I can do better in a clean room.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is so awesome!

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

A pic from 10 ft away doesn't explain dick. You know a CPR Gold playfield shouldn't look like that right? Of course, you do. They sent you 2 of them like that?

This wood grain look is VERY common on all current Playfields. See it on CPR gold, Mirco, brand new sterns, etc... anyone paying attention knows that 6 months post delivery this is a common thing due to the offgassing of clear shrinking back and showing wood grain. I have probably 10 CPR Pfs and 50% show this after six months. Let them sit, shoot more clear and buff.

Anyone looking to do a high end restore knows this is the thing to do.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

More likely the storage location. Non temp/humidity controlled environments can cause this effect.

Has ZERO to do with storage. I have all my Pfs in climate controlled conditions. It just happens on some over time.

New wood is soft wood. Current Pfs seem to also be make with wood that is sometimes not as dry as what was used in the past.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Has ZERO to do with storage. I have all my Pfs in climate controlled conditions. It just happens on some over time.
New wood is soft wood. Current Pfs seem to also be make with wood that is sometimes not as dry as what was used in the past.

The reality is a non-zero number.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

All of my play fields are stored in my home. Which is geothermal controlled,temperature and humidity set At 45%. Never beyond 3 degrees. What else you got.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#78 4 years ago

I have a CPR Gold title with similar issues. It has been in a temp controlled environment since it arrived. I tracked the shipment- 3 days from shipment to my house- I was home when it was delivered, it came straight into the house. Pulled out of the box, and has been air curing for a couple of months.
I will be giving it until after the holidays to evaluate it and address it.

It has nothing to due with how it has been stored. This is something else.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

All of my play fields are stored in my home. Which is geothermal controlled,temperature and humidity set At 45%. Never beyond 3 degrees. What else you got.[quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry, I'm done here. Judge, persecute,apply your expertise, whatever...I'm done defending. I sent a playfield, he didn't like it, I should have sent 30+ pics. I offered a full refund. Good Night!

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

All of my play fields are stored in my home. Which is geothermal controlled,temperature and humidity set At 45%. Never beyond 3 degrees. What else you got.[quoted image][quoted image]

Okay, sounds great. Note that I said it CAN cause this effect, not that it DID. It's not a non-zero chance, but sounds like you're in the clear. <--intended

This does make me concerned for my CPR Gold Shadow playfield now, though...

#81 4 years ago

JESUS. Held my tongue till now. Breakdown. Buyer didn't like his purchase. Seller offered complete refund including shipping. SIMPLE. Buyer still beating the drum over it. STFU. Quit bitching, ship it back or STFU. Move on. Play pinball and quit screaming over a simple mistake. Seller is AAA+++ so move on.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This wood grain look is VERY common on all current Playfields.

I've got 4 CPR playfields from different runs. None of them look like that. I will say I think they dropped the ball with ES. The colors on my Cyclone, Taxi, and Whirlwind are tight. Cyclone is actually pretty f'n complex with all the colors. The dark blue and green look like shit on my CPR ES Gold playfield. There is one spot I can't tell if it is crap under the silkscreen or crap in the clear. It feels rough to the touch.

#83 4 years ago

Isn't CPR doing digital printed playfields now?

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

All of my play fields are stored in my home. Which is geothermal controlled,temperature and humidity set At 45%. Never beyond 3 degrees. What else you got.

That you can be so anal about all those details, but not notice all the planking on the playfield you sold. Still waiting for close up pics of the playfield you kept.

Folks, we know what CPR Gold should mean. If a playfield is planked, then say it is planked. I'm out....

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

That you can be so anal about all those details, but not notice all the planking on the playfield you sold. Still waiting for close up pics of the playfield you kept.
Folks, we know what CPR Gold should mean. If a playfield is planked, then say it is planked. I'm out....

Give it a rest. He offered a full refund. What more can he do. He doesn’t have to prove shit to anybody. Sky pilot sounds solid to me.
i’m Double Dog Dare Out!Lol!

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Give it a rest. He offered a full refund. What more can he do. He doesn’t have to prove shit to anybody. Sky pilot sounds solid to me.
i’m Double Dog Dare Out!Lol!

Well, he said "what else you got?" When a guy keeps his shit geothermal controlled at 45 degrees + or - 3 degrees, you have to keep going. He's detail-oriented you see. Detail-oriented guys know what they sold.

I'm really out now. Well, not really.

#87 4 years ago

Somehow I think there’s another side to this story. Anybody want to invite “Pirates Life” to this thread so they can have a say here?

#88 4 years ago

Did you read the thread, he is here.

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Somehow I think there’s another side to this story. Anybody want to invite “Pirates Life” to this thread so they can have a say here?

Skypilot = Pirates Life

#90 4 years ago

Skypilot So what’s the story with this CPR “Gold” playfield?

#91 4 years ago

dude offered full refund!!!! and apologised story ends there. What more do you want?

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This wood grain look is VERY common on all current Playfields. See it on CPR gold, Mirco, brand new sterns, etc... anyone paying attention knows that 6 months post delivery this is a common thing due to the offgassing of clear shrinking back and showing wood grain. I have probably 10 CPR Pfs and 50% show this after six months. Let them sit, shoot more clear and buff.
Anyone looking to do a high end restore knows this is the thing to do.

Agree - seen it on every new title, except Spooky games funnily enough.

Wonder why not on Spooky games?

Better quality wood or better clear?

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Better quality wood or better clear?

This. The Spooky games have the nicest clear I’ve seen.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This. The Spooky games have the nicest clear I’ve seen.

Except a run of tna that's pooling and chipping.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Well, he said "what else you got?" When a guy keeps his shit geothermal controlled at 45 degrees + or - 3 degrees, you have to keep going. He's detail-oriented you see. Detail-oriented guys know what they sold.
I'm really out now. Well, not really.

If he keeps them perfectly climate controlled which it looks like he does all it would take if the playfeild to be in a higher humidity environment for a day for the wood to absorb moisture from the air and the wood grain to swell up.

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

skypilot So what’s the story with this CPR “Gold” playfield?

Did you even read the thread?

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Did you even read the thread?

You can’t read, or is too busy to read, and wants someone else to do his work for him!

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

You can’t read, or is too busy to read, and wants someone else to do his work for him!

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

F-you and your blow-buddy from OH

I was kindof listening to both sides until this comment. Will now never ever do business with OP at any price. Classless.

#100 4 years ago

He has been a know it all prick in many posts. turbo why don't you just fix it like you fixed your Primus, laqur the playfield right?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-gold/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.