(Topic ID: 292014)

CPR Gold or NOS for EBD if you could pick?

By jgelman

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210424_120213 (resized).jpg
image-A31 (resized).jpg
8843fa0cfef909d11d1a24cebe9983cce0d7b441 (resized).jpg
esflaw (resized).PNG
20210422_191336 (resized).jpg
20210422_192152 (resized).jpg
fender-25th-anniversary-american-stratocaster-1979-2976202 (resized).jpg
ad1 (resized).png
825ae10d1d1e092004af8abce95c4bd7 (resized).jpg
dae3d8ceab8fa3e27deb5b94d576867548506bbb (resized).jpg
cpr vs ipb (resized).jpg
CAE44532-246A-4071-812D-26610D1FBFC5 (resized).jpeg
DC01E907-B3EB-4E99-845C-801F09226734 (resized).jpeg
Cupping (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

We've been back and forth on this in the EBD thread.
I have an EBD-LE with an original playfield (I've owned it since 1984) and it is the cream-colored one.
I believe that there were original playfields printed in white and also original playfields printed in cream.
This is why you get owners saying the originals were white, and others saying they were cream.

My Flash Gordon is a light cream color not white, you can clearly see it under the posts and brackets.

Trust me I have given it a lot of thought when I do touch up, cream or pure white?

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The only playfields printed in off-white were the reproductions Gene printed from IPB
The factory printed them in pure white 40 years ago.
Now that the original films are available, the pantone colors are stated on each layer

Which a certain vendor has admitted discrepancies when pressed.

It is what it is, there are not much in the way of options available.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from Silverstock:

All other things being equal, I'd probably go for the CPR Gold option. I have only ever had one of those, but it was awesome. Good Luck!

I could be wrong but with the new CPR digital print model the playfields are no longer graded. I can confirm the playfield I just obtained from Flash Gordon has no grading marks on it.

My Star Trek with an older playfield does.

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from pindel:

Cpr for sure. Everyone except Pinside experts will be amazed with a flat, bright, smooth Cpr playfield.

The digital print playfields are below the quality of the silkscreen units.

Quality has been traded off for availability.

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Well, if there is some chemical process that changes the white to cream on some playfields, then I suppose it is possible that my playfield was white in 1982 and changed to cream by the time I bought it in 1984. All I know is that I have an original playfield that has been cream for a long time.

For a point of comparison: An actual Bally Night Rider playfield and its WHITE, even after all this time. Cracked, faded a little but still white.

My Flash Gordon is clearly NOT WHITE, its a light, light cream and much darker/yellow in the areas not covered with posts and ramps due to sun exposure..

The simple answer I can think of is rather than do a separate layer for light cream it was the initial color not white.

Maybe it was discontinued for the issues we are seeing now, Bally tried all sorts of things even plastic playfields.

The IPB playfield looks really goofy, way to dark in the light areas.

20210422_191336 (resized).jpg20210422_191336 (resized).jpg20210422_192152 (resized).jpg20210422_192152 (resized).jpg

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The CPR will give you a much more durable playing surface, flat inserts, and of course the intended colors when the game was originally produced.

I have a CPR Star Trek playfield that doesn't even have the right color inserts so don't share your enthusiasm for the vendor in question.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You should have returned it .

Part of a 5 pin package, not going to blow up the deal for a detail on a single pin.

Just pointing out they make mistakes and not infailable. By any stretch.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He who has never made a mistake among pinballers, let him cast the first stone at the backglass.

Not an acceptable answer when providing goods or services.

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's hilarious that you are butthurt about a product that you bought, knowing it was "defective" (second hand yet).
It would be 100x more hilarious if you were crying about the 1979 Bally Star Trek, because everyone in the hobby knows that there were at least 4 different factory variations in the saucer inserts: Yellow BALLY, White BALLY, Red Special, and White Special[quoted image][quoted image]

Ahem.

Not sure why you continue to make excuses for a vendor well known for providing product of uneven quality.

Compare to the picture you just posted.

Edit: This is a pointless discussion. You attack me on one example I have pointed out. I have purchased several sets of plastics, a playfield or two and backglasses from CPR and none of them have been the same quality as the original pieces. None.

Your attacks on my character will not change that a wit.

It is nice someone makes replacement parts, would be nicer if they stepped up the quality of them to of at least OEM.

Done here.

20210424_120213 (resized).jpg20210424_120213 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 199.95
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 179.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 10.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-gold-or-nos-for-ebd-if-you-could-pick?tu=gdonovan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.