Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by highspeed
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140701_111943-878.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CPR.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 9 years ago

Guys;

I seriously doubt that playfield is a gold as Kevin has some VERY strict standards for the gold and since the gold sell for the same price (at least for now) there is no incentive whatsoever to over grade a playfield. We started a few months ago marking the PFs at least the Silver and Bronze with an inked stamp BRONZE or SILVER on the bottom. We had been doing the Bronze ones for a few months before that. I guess we should start making them all. And REALLY should have been marking them all since day one! Hard to go back in time though.

We have had several instances of people buying Bronzes and later reselling them as higher level PFs. Of course some of this, could be by accident as a PF could change hands several times and its history could easily get muddled.

We have had several instances of a reseller who explicitly request Bronze quality PFs and then publicly outs us for for poor quality and alignment.....Really?? A guy demands a lower quality PF so he can do his "magic" on it while up charging for his process and then he complains publicly about the mis-registration..... and yet that's what made it a Bronze to begin with.... AND that's what he explicitly asked and paid for. Sheese....What can we do??

We are trying to mark each Bronze and Silver but I guess we should be marking the Golds as well. Just keep in mind that if there is no marking on it then there is really no way of knowing what you are buying. And really only titles we have made in the past several months carry the stamps at all. Which I hate to say, but have to admit, that it wouldn't be too hard to paint them over if the intent was to hide the stamp. We looked at buying a iron brand but that too could be hidden and the expense and difficult to use. Then we figured if a guy was willing to paint over the Bronze ink stamp he'd be willing to fill and paint over a bronze brand.

back to the original post...... In this case, try and work it out with the vendor, if that's doesn't work we'd certainly repair it but due to differences in color I doubt we could ever hide it enough so that from a a foot away you couldn't see where the marks used to be. Your choice, I know if you send it to us we'll try and fix it up but like I said you are already sensitive to this area so I am not sure anything we could do would totally hide it.

Drop Kevin an email as there may be something else we could do as well. I doubt we have ANY GOLD hanging around. Of course, we have no way of knowing, at least from your posting if this ever was a Gold.

Thanks
    Mike

#26 9 years ago

Schwaggs..... great idea, just emailed the company!!

Thanks
    Mike

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CPR.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-gold-class?tu=CPR and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.