This was just brought to my attention tonight by my partner Mike, who got wind of this thread...and went to find Jakusu's emails.
The customer placed an order during our 12 days away (Aug 20-Sep1) basically 'closed for shipping, but orders can be made' on our site (which was the departure of me and a few others from the production shop, leaving only one guy behind who was strictly working on Elvira playfields). Upon return, there was a ton of orders to contend with, and we attacked them all as we could.
This customer's order involved a Skateball (Silver graded) playfield and a slew of other stuff... but the stickler ended up being the Skateball playfield. We got caught with our pants down, because I didn't have a clearcoated Silver one ready-go. Had several Bronze, but that's no good. So thinking I could get one thru our clearcoater in a week or so, I tried. It was the only item holding the order up, and I couldn't "spilt" the order (as we normally would) because the customer was in Australia. There was going to be only one crack at this shipment. It all had to go together.
Meanwhile, the customer was later trying to contact us for questions. During our time away, Mike, our web programmer, and the guys at the woodshop site were still open and operating. They performed the new website and email switchover, which included a complete host switch, as well as email provider (which was now a separate company). My Mozilla Thunderbird was in shambles for over a week and a half after my return, remaining set up for the old web host on about 2 dozen email addresses. I hadn't even had the time or thought to go near it, as the new provider was being set up with new inboxes, and the extinction of a ton of older addresses we just weren't going to use anymore, or re-activate period. Meanwhile the web site Contact page on the new web site was feeding a brand new internal inbox that wasn't even being POPped by anybody. It was supposed to eventually be me, when ready. I later got the credentials once everything was settled, and I got into there just a couple days ago - with like 600 messages to face. Still only halfway through that. So this customer trying to be heard, was stuck in a literal 'Woodstock' of emails, being parsed a few hours a day as I could catch up. Once Mike saw this thread, he went hunting for the emails in question to get in contact ASAP.
Meanwhile, all this wait to now, the clearcoater, swamped more than I had anticipated in ongoing Elvira playfields (it's a huge run), was "getting to" the additional Skateball silvers I had among the racks. He was taking too darn long, and what I had hoped would be squeaked out in a week, without incident (small delay, no complaints), became an ongoing wait that is still ongoing today. I'm being given an estimation of a delivery of my Skateballs and a portion of the Elvira run by monday.
In the meantime, and poor Mike unknown to all of this sequence of events at my end, tonight he just gave Jakusu back all his money. Wasn't Jakusu's fault, of course. Jakusu can hold his money in HIS hands during the remaining wait, and will decide if and/or when he wants to invoke the same order again someday.
All the other items in his order were sitting here, ready to go.
Anyway, this was a matter of pushing through disarray and mess, timing, and inherent non-communication (which is the worst for a customer). One of those lovely "perfect storms" of so much going on and so many fast changes at once, that looking back in week(s) to come, it will seem like a haze of weird times. You never want it to snowball into something a customer notices... but this one did for Jakusu.
Sorry on this one, Jakusu.
Classic Playfield Reproductions