IMG_5715 (resized).JPG
IMG_5714 (resized).JPG
IMG_5713 (resized).JPG
IMG_5712 (resized).JPG
IMG_5710 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 First wave - plastics & backglasses Posted by KevinCPR (5 years ago)

Post #123 Second wave - plastics & backglasses Posted by KevinCPR (5 years ago)

Post #209 Third wave - list of plastics sets Posted by KevinCPR (5 years ago)

Post #217 backglass silkscreen vs digitial print comparison photo Posted by KevinCPR (5 years ago)

Post #283 forth wave - plastics & backglasses Posted by KevinCPR (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joey_n.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Weird, we found someone who likes Jokerz enough to put money into it.

Always wanted one of those. Gorgeous art package!

1 week later
#231 5 years ago

Kevin,

While you seem to have a solid plan and you guys would obviously strive for quality that's bang on and indistinguishable from NOS, do you have any concerns about digital printing diluting the repro market for pinball in the future? This has definitely happened on the vid side of things - guys doing solvent inkjet with quality all over the place. It becomes a problem when the buyers are happy because they a) don't have the eye to distinguish quality from crap or b) don't have anything to compare the new piece to so of course say it looks great.

*Also, I think my question earlier fell through the cracks - I'd like to get in line to have my original, stripped Space Invaders playfield rescreened rather than buy a complete new pf. Do I need to email the link at the site to indicate interest or is there a different queue for that. When do I ship my old pf to you? Thanks!!!

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

I don't entirely know what this means, forgive me. Dilution (in my mind of basic economics) would come with flooding out huge amounts of supply, and there's so much stuff, it's almost moot and worthless. Our model is the complete opposite of that. We wanted to end all this sitting unsold stock, which was the general outcome of doing "runs". Going forward, unless it gets ordered, it doesn't exist. We make on-demand. That means the population of each pinball part, going forward, from CPR, is exactly matched to the demand produced by the hobby. Glove fit.

Sorry, that probably wasn't clear. In the vid hobby, there are several top notch repro guys, incl This Old Game, Phoenixarcade, Arcadeshop, Quarterarcade... PA pretty much just does silkscreen stuff still. ThisOldGame has gotten more and more into solvent inkjet for small runs, odd stuff, uncommon. However, you can depend on his inkjet work looking like silkscreen quality, sized properly, die cut, etc. There have been several newcomers in the last few years, all inkjet repros, with quality all over the place. It ranges from fine to terrible. I suppose with what you're doing, the cost of the equipment/process will prevent lower quality competition. Best comparison I could think of is guys on Ebay selling crappy 'translite' versions of a backglass you'd sell. Thanks for the discussion though.

Going to start documenting and stripping my SI playfield. I'll keep an eye on your site. I assume that I need to level and reglue and inserts, and you run it through a wide drum sander to flatten it before screening. Thanks for offering this service. Gonna be buying a bunch more from you.

It would be amazing if you got into Gottlieb Sys 1 and 80 backglasses...and more early Stern

Last - the KISS playfield - I saw where you had in the pipe, yet there was another pinball parts guy a while back that mentioned that he'll be doing it, but I can't remember who. I'm going to need a KISS playfield - -still kicking myself for not buying it 15yrs ago when the IPB was $450....

#276 5 years ago

Will the Taxi backglass be available again? Thanks...

#290 5 years ago

Kevin, please bring back the logo coin door inserts for Bally, Stern, etc. I have the ones for the 4 or 5 plastics sets I’ve got from you, but seems like those would be decent sellers.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joey_n.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-floodgates-open-plastics-amp-glasses-releases?tu=joey_n and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.