IMG_5715 (resized).JPG
IMG_5714 (resized).JPG
IMG_5713 (resized).JPG
IMG_5712 (resized).JPG
IMG_5710 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 First wave - plastics & backglasses Posted by KevinCPR (5 years ago)

Post #123 Second wave - plastics & backglasses Posted by KevinCPR (5 years ago)

Post #209 Third wave - list of plastics sets Posted by KevinCPR (5 years ago)

Post #217 backglass silkscreen vs digitial print comparison photo Posted by KevinCPR (5 years ago)

Post #283 forth wave - plastics & backglasses Posted by KevinCPR (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzorbas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I second that. Black Knight backglass.

Thirds, fourths, fifths, however many more I can add!

It would be great if there was some competition in the market for backglasses. I appreciate what Mayfair brings to the hobby but their price point is painful especially when you are in Canada and get nailed with exchange, shipping, taxes and stuff. That $350 USD backglass comes in closer to $500 CDN. Ouch!

So yes, please @kevincpr, consider producing a BK backglass even though I know it isn't in your back catalogue!

#201 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

We'll get mirrored glasses, like SBM, rolling as soon as we get all this worked out. Working on getting all those legacy plastics sets out first.

Hey Kevin, how do we determine what backglasses might be available at some point? I see lots of people throwing titles out that they would like to see done. I think I read in one of your posts that for now you would only print stuff that you had already done. Given that the mirroring takes more time and effort which I equate to higher cost, would you consider two lines of backglasses, one mirrored and one non-mirrored? I know one restoration service does the mirroring in grey and it looks pretty good. I'm not sure how much of a price difference it would be or whether it would even be worth the effort for you but I'm sure that some guys would be happy to have a cheaper, fresh, new backglass with no mirroring in a budget restore project and save a few bucks for other parts (plastics, etc.).

Is a Black Knight backglass anywhere on a list or even on the radar?

#205 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

While you're certainly not wrong about this, I for one am a huge fan of CPR's translite to mirrored backglass conversions. I can't imagine going back to a regular translite on my PinBot after putting in CPR's mirrored backglass. It just looks phenomenal (and this is coming from a purist who never mods anything original from factory). I hope CPR continues to do these conversions once the new model is in place and they have time to devote to it.
Either way, this new model is great news for the hobby and am excited to see where things go from here!

It's all about having more options at different price points. When I have a game that I've invested $1000 CDN in and it's nice but not collector condition and has an absolutely crap backglass, paying $500 CDN for a Mayfair replacement is painful. Especially when a backglass is basically eye candy. I think there are a lot of games out there that could benefit with some sprucing up but don't justify the high cost of a pristine backglass or a brand new playfield. It would be nice if there were other choices in line with the value of the game. We now have options for hardtops and overlays for budget conscious restores. New plastics, if available, are reasonable. It would be nice to have some choices for backglasses. Some games deserve a beautiful, mirrored backglass while others could get by with a reasonably priced translite.

Again, choices and cost are key here. Either way, what CPR is doing is definitely a bonus to all of us. The more options that Kevin and friends are willing to offer us the better off the hobby will be!

#225 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Just so it's clear for everybody, this was due to the recent swamping since launch. Our laser CNC has been severely backed up with cuts to do, for the plastics. Once things settle down to a stasis, we'll be back to the target 24-hour turnaround for order-to-shipping. That's the goal. Thx.

Yeah, I'm complaining that I had to wait a week or so to receive my shipping notification! Are you kidding me Kevin? NO ONE should be complaining about turn around time given that we now have the ability to buy stuff any time we like! Kudos to your team on this.

Quoted from KevinCPR:

Yes, we were thinking on doing that once each mirrored glass comes out. Offer the mirrored version, then a discounted non-mirror version. Again, let the market decide.

Mirrored isn't going to be charged more. We're going to maintain our traditional prices. But the non-mirrored version can be price-CUT, for exactly the budget reasons you cited. We can do the mirror layer in some kind of grey. We're working on it.

This is awesome as well! This should make a lot of people happy!

#236 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Who can identify which one is silkscreened, and which one is from the digital press? I also made some intentional color tweaks. So which is which

I'm gonna guess the one on the left is the digital press but not on the basis of the printing. I'm looking at the corners of the glass and they are rounded on the one on the right. It's cheaper to get a piece of without rounded corners so that's why I'm leaning that way.

I was also going to say that the printing of "Williams" seems to have a sharper outline on the glass on the left.

Maybe I'm completely off base in both cases...

1 month later
#362 5 years ago

What happened to the Black Knight backglasses on the website? Plastics are there but no backglasses...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzorbas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-floodgates-open-plastics-amp-glasses-releases?tu=dzorbas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.