IMG_5715 (resized).JPG
IMG_5714 (resized).JPG
IMG_5713 (resized).JPG
IMG_5712 (resized).JPG
IMG_5710 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 First wave - plastics & backglasses Posted by KevinCPR (5 years ago)

Post #123 Second wave - plastics & backglasses Posted by KevinCPR (5 years ago)

Post #209 Third wave - list of plastics sets Posted by KevinCPR (5 years ago)

Post #217 backglass silkscreen vs digitial print comparison photo Posted by KevinCPR (5 years ago)

Post #283 forth wave - plastics & backglasses Posted by KevinCPR (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 5 years ago

Can you print the florescent colors like on TFTC and other games?

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

99.999999% of Pinside is over 60 and over weight.
Patience will only show them their wife selling their games after the funeral.

Says you....I'm over 60 and NOT over weight.

1 week later
#206 5 years ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

It's all about having more options at different price points. When I have a game that I've invested $1000 CDN in and it's nice but not collector condition and has an absolutely crap backglass, paying $500 CDN for a Mayfair replacement is painful. Especially when a backglass is basically eye candy. I think there are a lot of games out there that could benefit with some sprucing up but don't justify the high cost of a pristine backglass or a brand new playfield. It would be nice if there were other choices in line with the value of the game. We now have options for hardtops and overlays for budget conscious restores. New plastics, if available, are reasonable. It would be nice to have some choices for backglasses. Some games deserve a beautiful, mirrored backglass while others could get by with a reasonably priced translite.
Again, choices and cost are key here. Either way, what CPR is doing is definitely a bonus to all of us. The more options that Kevin and friends are willing to offer us the better off the hobby will be!

Totally agree.

#219 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Since we're discussing quality & appearance, I just remembered I had a picture on my cell phone I took a couple weeks back. I was so excited by the first new print of a Space Odyssey glass, that I went and grabbed my repro from ~2011 and put them side by side. Here is the image below.
Who can identify which one is silkscreened, and which one is from the digital press? I also made some intentional color tweaks. So which is which

I'd say the one on the right is the new digital printed one.

#227 5 years ago
Quoted from AMBoggs:

I also would like some Sorcerer plastics, with two extra center plastics for the inevitable breakage

They use better plastic don't they so it may not break.

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

I am getting a free back glass for guessing correctly right?

Hey if you get one I get one too. I guessed right side because he said he did some color work and the red in the Space Odyssey words was darker.

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

You are correct. But the green won't be true hot fluorescent green going forward. That will be the compromise.

Or any fluorescent colors right?

1 week later
#285 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Yes, the Creech speaker panel is coming back. WITH the car tail lights transparent, with lightblock layering, so LED backlighting kit(s) can be used.

Like with Pinballlightedmods light up speaker panel?

1 month later
#372 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

What is the issue? No stock? Long leadtime, "build to order" concept? Or what?

That's what I was wondering too.

#375 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Guys,
This was just brought to my attention tonight by my partner Mike, who got wind of this thread...and went to find Jakusu's emails.
The customer placed an order during our 12 days away (Aug 20-Sep1) basically 'closed for shipping, but orders can be made' on our site (which was the departure of me and a few others from the production shop, leaving only one guy behind who was strictly working on Elvira playfields). Upon return, there was a ton of orders to contend with, and we attacked them all as we could.
This customer's order involved a Skateball (Silver graded) playfield and a slew of other stuff... but the stickler ended up being the Skateball playfield. We got caught with our pants down, because I didn't have a clearcoated Silver one ready-go. Had several Bronze, but that's no good. So thinking I could get one thru our clearcoater in a week or so, I tried. It was the only item holding the order up, and I couldn't "spilt" the order (as we normally would) because the customer was in Australia. There was going to be only one crack at this shipment. It all had to go together.
Meanwhile, the customer was later trying to contact us for questions. During our time away, Mike, our web programmer, and the guys at the woodshop site were still open and operating. They performed the new website and email switchover, which included a complete host switch, as well as email provider (which was now a separate company). My Mozilla Thunderbird was in shambles for over a week and a half after my return, remaining set up for the old web host on about 2 dozen email addresses. I hadn't even had the time or thought to go near it, as the new provider was being set up with new inboxes, and the extinction of a ton of older addresses we just weren't going to use anymore, or re-activate period. Meanwhile the web site Contact page on the new web site was feeding a brand new internal inbox that wasn't even being POPped by anybody. It was supposed to eventually be me, when ready. I later got the credentials once everything was settled, and I got into there just a couple days ago - with like 600 messages to face. Still only halfway through that. So this customer trying to be heard, was stuck in a literal 'Woodstock' of emails, being parsed a few hours a day as I could catch up. Once Mike saw this thread, he went hunting for the emails in question to get in contact ASAP.
Meanwhile, all this wait to now, the clearcoater, swamped more than I had anticipated in ongoing Elvira playfields (it's a huge run), was "getting to" the additional Skateball silvers I had among the racks. He was taking too darn long, and what I had hoped would be squeaked out in a week, without incident (small delay, no complaints), became an ongoing wait that is still ongoing today. I'm being given an estimation of a delivery of my Skateballs and a portion of the Elvira run by monday.
In the meantime, and poor Mike unknown to all of this sequence of events at my end, tonight he just gave Jakusu back all his money. Wasn't Jakusu's fault, of course. Jakusu can hold his money in HIS hands during the remaining wait, and will decide if and/or when he wants to invoke the same order again someday.
All the other items in his order were sitting here, ready to go.
Anyway, this was a matter of pushing through disarray and mess, timing, and inherent non-communication (which is the worst for a customer). One of those lovely "perfect storms" of so much going on and so many fast changes at once, that looking back in week(s) to come, it will seem like a haze of weird times. You never want it to snowball into something a customer notices... but this one did for Jakusu.
Sorry on this one, Jakusu.
KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

Thanks Kevin. Maybe you should quit taking vacations.........just kidding.

7 months later
#490 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

That was Stu, the CPR Art Director / Partner.....you will see his Name when you click on the Bio Tab

We don't see Stu here very often, I really miss him. His home gamerooms are top notch.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-floodgates-open-plastics-amp-glasses-releases?tu=MustangPaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.