99069CBF-04EB-40A7-BD0A-11FF7FD2524F (resized).jpeg
IMG_5716 (resized).JPG
IMG_5715 (resized).JPG
IMG_5714 (resized).JPG
IMG_5713 (resized).JPG
IMG_5712 (resized).JPG
IMG_5710 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 530 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.
#251 5 years ago

I am guessing the darker one is the digital print, the colours are a bit darker when not back lit so they look right when they are back lit.

#252 5 years ago

Long shot... but Transporter plastics are needed badly in my world

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

A great idea. It's just we don't have any artwork for Sorcerer plastics. Never have, for some reason. We need to remedy that. Anybody have an old set pulled from a machine they can loan? We'll return then AND replace them for free with a new repro set, once the work is done.

I have a NOS Spy Hunter plastic set I can loan if you ever want them. Just a heads up. Always willing to help out!!

I have some Elektra NOS plastics, never used, as well.

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Long shot... but Transporter plastics are needed badly in my world

+1

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

I have a NOS Spy Hunter plastic set I can loan if you ever want them. Just a heads up. Always willing to help out!!

9C86AF84-3CD3-4FEB-8FD3-FF43742D9D96 (resized).png9C86AF84-3CD3-4FEB-8FD3-FF43742D9D96 (resized).png
#256 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

The one on the right has deeper blues. That's the one I would guess was silkscreened.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'd say the one on the right is the new digital printed one.

Quoted from ClassicHornet:

my guess: left = digital

Quoted from metahugh:

I think the digital is the one on the right. Maybe this is an intentional exercise to demonstrate how good the new digital prints will be?

Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I’d say the digital printing is on the left...the yellows look more refined and colors more succulent.

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Hard to tell looking at these on a tablet, but I'd say the one on the left is the digital. The solid colors on that one don't look as solid as the one on the right.

Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

I am guessing the darker one is the digital print, the colours are a bit darker when not back lit so they look right when they are back lit.

odyssey2.jpgodyssey2.jpg

The one on the left is the silkscreened one, from the ~2011 run. Some of it's colors are slightly off from the Pantone book, which comes from the individual ink mixing. The one on the right is the digital print, and has some color refining to bring some of the tones back in line with the exact Pantone shades. The digital print is the more accurate-to-original-intended-colors look.

#257 5 years ago

I thought the one on the right looks better. Can you do a pic of both with a light behind them?

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Can you do a pic of both with a light behind them?

I can, the next time somebody orders a Space Odyssey backglass. I will. The one in the picture has long been shipped to it's customer.

#259 5 years ago

I am getting a free back glass for guessing correctly right?

#260 5 years ago

Eagerly waiting and hoping for a Tommy playfield.

#261 5 years ago

Kevin:
Just a question on Swords of Fury. Plastics were made, and a backglass was made.
Did the playfield art get digitized/vectorized?

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

Spy Hunter plastics are currently available on Planetarys website. Already picked up a set for my own.

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

I am getting a free back glass for guessing correctly right?

Hey if you get one I get one too. I guessed right side because he said he did some color work and the red in the Space Odyssey words was darker.

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Watch the movie Office Space! Pc load letter was an error that printers gave in the late 90s that was a generic error message. The title of the error frustrated everyone working in offices at that time, and the movie Office Space covered this frustration.

It wasn’t a generic message. It translates to: Paper Cartridge is empty, LOAD LETTER size paper. They just didn’t have a big enough display.

This is why engineers shouldn’t be allowed to write their own error messages without human oversight. I’m going to start a thread for the most cryptic pinball error messages.

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Kevin, do you have any films for the Data east games? I'm assuming you have them for tommy/rocky/GNR/LW3. With your boutique abilities now, i'd take a time machine playfield.

Oh holy hell yes!

#267 5 years ago

Elvira and the Party Momsters plastics are coming soon, right? It was a past release but I don't see it yet. Thank you!

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Elvira and the Party Momsters plastics are coming soon, right? It was a past release but I don't see it yet.

You are correct. But the green won't be true hot fluorescent green going forward. That will be the compromise.

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

You are correct. But the green won't be true hot fluorescent green going forward. That will be the compromise.

Or any fluorescent colors right?

#270 5 years ago

In this new world, will you consider doing prototype or alternate versions of glasses? In particular, Mystic without the center art.

Years ago Stu mentioned he would just do the art that included what Bally stuck on with a sticker, but I need a clear center for my game. Since the new world just means deleting that portion of the art for printing (because the mirroring is the same), is it a possibility?

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Good quality plastics are no compromise at all. I hope I get on the wait list for the playfield as well. Thank you for the info!

#272 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Out of curiosity with the simplified printing and a mass influx of plastics produced, wouldn't you feel a need to dust off the old screens and hit the fluorescents O.G.?

#273 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

A great idea. It's just we don't have any artwork for Sorcerer plastics. Never have, for some reason. We need to remedy that. Anybody have an old set pulled from a machine they can loan? We'll return then AND replace them for free with a new repro set, once the work is done.

I bought a set from planetary 6 months ago, they had to dig in storage or something to find it. It's missing one plastic (not sure which one), but all the rest are still in the bag with the protective coating. a project for another day.

#274 5 years ago

KevinCPR, are the new HS2 plastics a brighter shade of orange than previous sets? I'd be in for a new set with some great orange.

I also have a brand new set of Sorcerer plastics if they are needed to copy, I know someone else already had agreed to donate them.

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

KevinCPR, are the new HS2 plastics a brighter shade of orange than previous sets? I'd be in for a new set with some great orange.

Talking of which... My set a few months back was missing the plastic at the very top left under the u-turn ramp. Is this normal?

#276 5 years ago

Will the Taxi backglass be available again? Thanks...

#277 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Talking of which... My set a few months back was missing the plastic at the very top left under the u-turn ramp. Is this normal?

Yes, that invisible piece was missed, and as shown for years on our site (gallery and thumbnail) is not included in the set. Was never created as part of the repro artwork from the start. Everybody keeps and uses the existing one already there. After hundreds of sets, thinking they are all complete, there's always one that nixxes you, and discover the original set donor actually missed a piece during the stripdown. It ended up never being crucial enough to remedy, due to the logistics of the piece. Of course, now with digital, we can merge it onto future sets without having to scuttle hundreds of silkscreened sheets, like in the old days to make one little change. But somebody needs to get me a scan of that piece.

Quoted from Joey_N:

Will the Taxi backglass be available again? Thanks...

Yes. All CPR backglasses all the way back to our start in 2004 will be made available again, with few exceptions due to territory of Shay, etc. We have even decided to take the suggestion of some in the hobby, to offer BOTH ink-mirrored and non-mirrored (or "fake" mirrored) versions at a cheaper price.

#278 5 years ago

How about the Elektra upper PF? Those always seem wrecked...

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

SBM, among the other remaining glasses offline, are all mirrored... We've got a ton of footwork to get done to make them possible under the "on demand" model... meaning we have to screen glass blanks with all the mirror designs, so they are ready for finishing, on demand. So we have to prepare a whole selection of dedicated screens (that will never be reclaimed or stripped) of each mirror design Forming a library of screens. Then we'll pre-silkscreen a library of glass panels with the mirror ink designs for each backglass (say, 5-10 of each). Then upon anybody ordering one, we'll finish up the glass in the digital suite so it can ship out that day, or the next day.
We won't put up the mirrored glass(es) until all these ducks are in a row, so we're ready to roll.
As each selection of mirrored panels depletes, we just screen a small batch more, by using the dedicated screen on hand, which is always ready to go.
This will be the systemic compromise to do "on demand" "one-off" mirrored backglasses. Kind of a hybrid of the old model, and the new model. At least now we don't have to throw ourselves into 100 panels, one design, and 8-12 colors... to produce (1) title / run. We just have to set up silkscreening for ONE color (mirror ink) and only do a little batch of panels. Huge difference.
We'll get mirrored glasses, like SBM, rolling as soon as we get all this worked out. Working on getting all those legacy plastics sets out first.
KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

I hope this will include your original "translite to mirrored backglasses" such as SOF. That'd be awesome.

#280 5 years ago

This is awesome news and just in time too! My Spectrum is in need of a complete plastic set and hopefully a playfield when you start producing them. Look forward to seeing the plastics for sale soon!!!

#281 5 years ago

Will we be able to get CFBL speaker panel plastics too?

#282 5 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

Will we be able to get CFBL speaker panel plastics too?

Yes, the Creech speaker panel is coming back. WITH the car tail lights transparent, with lightblock layering, so LED backlighting kit(s) can be used.

#283 5 years ago

** FOURTH WAVE ** (Now available in the CPR Store at our web site):

Plastics sets:

NUGENT
SPACE MISSION
ELVIRA AND THE PARTY MONSTERS

Backglasses:

BLACK KNIGHT
SILVERBALL MANIA
WHIRLWIND
BRIDE OF PINBOT
ELVIRA AND THE PARTY MONSTERS
TAXI
SEAWITCH
FIREBALL CLASSIC
ROLLING STONES
GETAWAY HSII
HIGH SPEED
FUNHOUSE
EIGHT BALL DELUXE
NINE BALL
FLASH GORDON

*note that most of the glasses are the "Budget" versions that are ready-to-go immediately.

KEVIN

#284 5 years ago

Do you plan on doing Globetrotters?

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Yes, the Creech speaker panel is coming back. WITH the car tail lights transparent, with lightblock layering, so LED backlighting kit(s) can be used.

Like with Pinballlightedmods light up speaker panel?

#286 5 years ago

I need sling shot plastic for Flintstones. I would also like the lane guide covers to match the sling shots, the exposed bulb sucks! They are the same shape as the No Fear return plastic.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#287 5 years ago

I think you said the full versions will be available at some point too? Or does someone just special order them? To be up front, I am not at the point of ordering yet, but would like a mirrored silverball down the road.

#288 5 years ago

Finally got around to installing some plastics in my LW3. They look great. I did have an issue with the print coming of in two small spots when removing the white backing paper from it. I removed it form the keychains, the desktop topper kit and the some other pieces with no issues so hopefully its an isolated incident. I was pulling slowly

Also very happy to find the airball stopping clear plastic piece for the center drop targets, which I wasn't sure even existed.

Plastics1 (resized).jpgPlastics1 (resized).jpgPlastics2 (resized).jpgPlastics2 (resized).jpgPlastics3 (resized).jpgPlastics3 (resized).jpgPlastics4 (resized).jpgPlastics4 (resized).jpgPlastics5 (resized).jpgPlastics5 (resized).jpgPlastics6 (resized).jpgPlastics6 (resized).jpg
#289 5 years ago

Ok, silly question, do the EATPM plastics come with all of the clear pieces from the *old* run? The clears at the bottom of this page?

http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo83.html

Either way I'll be ordering very soon, thanks so much!

#290 5 years ago

Kevin, please bring back the logo coin door inserts for Bally, Stern, etc. I have the ones for the 4 or 5 plastics sets I’ve got from you, but seems like those would be decent sellers.

#291 5 years ago
Quoted from Joey_N:

Kevin, please bring back the logo coin door inserts for Bally, Stern, etc. I have the ones for the 4 or 5 plastics sets I’ve got from you, but seems like those would be decent sellers.

I would be in for a few of those - Marcos has been out of stock on the Bally ones for quite a while

#292 5 years ago

Any chance of making an add on option for the back glasses to come with the proper trim on all 4 sides? Either installed already (maybe not a good idea for shipment, not sure), or just packed in the box with the ordered glass?

#293 5 years ago

KevinCPR - for the EBD Backglass, do you know if it will fit the 1984 "Classic" Eight Ball Deluxe? As I understand it, the original 1981 Eight Ball Deluxe backglass is *slightly* larger than the 1984 version.

#294 5 years ago

figures, just overpayed for tales from the crypt plastics!!! Ugghhh

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

I need sling shot plastic for Flintstones. I would also like the lane guide covers to match the sling shots, the exposed bulb sucks! They are the same shape as the No Fear return plastic. [quoted image][quoted image]

Yup flintstones are extinct!! Not even on the black market!

#296 5 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Ok, silly question, do the EATPM plastics come with all of the clear pieces from the *old* run? The clears at the bottom of this page?

Yes, they would be included. I need to make that clearer on the site (pardon the pun). Thanks for the heads up.

Quoted from cabuford:

They look great. I did have an issue with the print coming of in two small spots when removing the white backing paper from it.

Yes, it would be an isolated incident. The laser CNC has been overworked with the new floods of plastics re-releases, and we've found that on recent hot periods here in the Canadian summer, it's slower speed settings have been "cooking" the edge/ink in small places to the paper backing adhesive - depending on where the flashpoints were on the cutting table honeycomb. We do have a new laser CNC on it's way, will be here in about a month. Will cut 3X faster, and retire our original laser setup from 2007.

Quoted from Joey_N:

These are small parts we abandoned many years ago, because they were something we were not in the position to be selling. It would be like CPR selling bulbs - individually or in bundles, from Canada. We were too far away, and shipping was relatively too high, to be buying those little things from here. We always had that frustrating "must ship with a plastics set, playfield, or backglass shipment" rule. We ended up turning over the whole Coin Door Inserts distribution to Marco Specialties.

We realize they are low and/or sold out right now. Silkscreen re-runs were (of course) holding back viability for years now. Since the new platform here, MarcoSpec has been in talks with us to redux and restock a whole selection of the popular coin door inserts. So they WILL be coming back. It's just a matter of time.

Quoted from Pin-up:

Any chance of making an add on option for the back glasses to come with the proper trim

Small parts and accessories have not typically been a CPR thing, sorry. Similar story to the Coin Door Inserts, above. Parts distributors are out there, and we're not going to get into their lane. We're more in a manufacturer role, dealing with our "big three" (playfields, plastics, and glasses), who happens to direct-sell to the end users (plus some distributors too). Trim might be a good idea, although I don't have the first clue who manufactures it, so we could get supplied.

Quoted from Mathazar:

the EBD Backglass, do you know if it will fit the 1984 "Classic" Eight Ball Deluxe?

No, this current backglass offering is not for the "Classic" machine with the swingout backbox design. It's the normal Bally glass size (28.5" x 25.75"), and meant for the 1981 "original EBD" machine.

That being said, there is absolutely no reason the "Classic" cannot have it's version done here now - since the artwork is workable to a smaller panel, and we're no longer stuck silkscreening a huge batch, like in the past. If you, or somebody, could PM me with confirmed measurements of the "Classic" (swing-out) glass panel size, then we can offer the smaller version available very soon. So there will be both versions after that. I suspect the panel size will be the same as Fireball Classic, which we already have blanks for, right now. But I'll need confirmation. I'll also need a good straight-on photo of the backside, to confirm locations of "Tilt" "Ball in Play" "Match" etc ... Anybody?

KEVIN

#297 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Like with Pinballlightedmods light up speaker panel?

No, not at all like that. It would be the design like we did years ago - which paired with LED/animation kits that were made at the time (sold by other vendors). The car tail lights, moon, and theater sign are printed translucent, with a backglass-like rear lightblock layer to mask the rest of the panel dark. With specifically-placed (and often electronically driven) LEDs, you get a "living scene" on your speaker panel that is absolutely amazing.

We only produce the speaker panel - not the electronics. CPR was always the one the modders leaned on for years to make the panels happen, so the lighting behind it was taken care of others (even individuals who did their own).

Here is a YouTube video showing the final look:

#298 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

No, this current backglass offering is not for the "Classic" machine with the swingout backbox design. It's the normal Bally glass size (28.5" x 25.75"), and meant for the 1981 "original EBD" machine.

That being said, there is absolutely no reason the "Classic" cannot have it's version done here now - since the artwork is workable to a smaller panel, and we're no longer stuck silkscreening a huge batch, like in the past. If you, or somebody, could PM me with confirmed measurements of the "Classic" (swing-out) glass panel size, then we can offer the smaller version available very soon. So there will be both versions after that. I suspect the panel size will be the same as Fireball Classic, which we already have blanks for, right now. But I'll need confirmation. I'll also need a good straight-on photo of the backside, to confirm locations of "Tilt" "Ball in Play" "Match" etc ... Anybody?

Any chance of doing the LE version backglass for Eight Ball Deluxe?

#299 5 years ago

Kevin, it's just been noted on the Firepower club thread that the prototype Firepowers with drop targets had different plastics as well.

The two drop target prototype plastics were smaller than production plastics to suit the drop target set up, the bigger production plastics have a blue area which was added on to the front edge of the plastics for the stand up target set up. Their is no blue on the prototypes. Also, the left target plastic has the word "try" on it, production plastics are blank in that area.

You had done switch cut outs on your playfields with a view of a drop target retrofit option.

Is it now possible to easily create the additional two prototype plastics & add them to a standard set or even made to order?

Here is how the prototype plastics look...

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=856&picno=66361&zoom=1

And here the difference with the larger target production plastics can be seen on the retrofit, doesn't look quite right overhanging in comparison to how the prototypes look.
P1030387 (resized).JPGP1030387 (resized).JPG

#300 5 years ago

You guys need to make a Stern Stars back glass, as well as other classic Sterns.

There are 530 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-floodgates-open-plastics-amp-glasses-releases/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.