Topic Stats

• 391 posts
  • 193 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by williams
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 53 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

fireball plastics (resized).jpg
99069CBF-04EB-40A7-BD0A-11FF7FD2524F (resized).jpeg
IMG_5716 (resized).JPG
IMG_5715 (resized).JPG
IMG_5714 (resized).JPG
IMG_5713 (resized).JPG
IMG_5712 (resized).JPG
IMG_5710 (resized).JPG
IMG_5711 (resized).JPG
IMG_5709 (resized).JPG
IMG_5708 (resized).JPG
IMG_5707 (resized).JPG
IMG_5706 (resized).JPG
IMG_5705 (resized).JPG
IMG_5704 (resized).JPG
IMG_0669 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 391 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
#151 76 days ago

Kevin, this is awesome news! So thankful you guys have been in business for 14 years and are growing enough to justify this new investment. I know I will be purchasing lots of items in the future. Keep up the great work!

#152 76 days ago

My brain has trouble comprehending how plastics and glass will never be out of stock again. Pure genius and will probably be literally printing money for you guys. Great job.

#153 76 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

My brain has trouble comprehending how plastics and glass will never be out of stock again. Pure genius and will probably be literally printing money for you guys. Great job.

Plastics and glass are easy to me. With the direct print ability you just print and cut out for plastics and just print for glass. Just have to have stock of glass and plastic. The PF's is what blows my mind. They obviously have the wood and CNC to cut all the holes but some of those inserts have to be a challenge to get. I believe some of those were the hold on the TOTAN PF's.

Pretty neat to have this as an option which should only grow as new products are made. Could their be a day where the majority of mainstream machines will have parts available without having to hunt for them. Between companies like CPR and the couple of companies making ramps now things are looking much better for the preservation of pinball.

#154 76 days ago
Quoted from xeneize:

kevincpr
Since we all just seem to be throwing stuff out there...is there any ETA for the translite to mirrored backglass for Jokerz?
It's been in the queue for a while...
Thanks!

Weird, we found someone who likes Jokerz enough to put money into it.

#155 76 days ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Not nice!

#156 76 days ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Always wanted one of those. Gorgeous art package!

#157 76 days ago

Welp, there go my paychecks for the foreseeable future

#158 76 days ago

This is great! I just went down the list of plastic sets and will be picking several up as I get to my projects. Almost all of my games that I want to make nicer are supported at this point. There is truth to the thrill of the hunt, but there is a lot of comfort in knowing so many things are just a few clicks away.

#159 76 days ago

Hi Kevin, what at the chances of being able to ship our old worn out playfields to you, Black Knight for example, and have it reconditioned so to speak saving having to CNC a new timber blank?

#160 76 days ago

Also I would be down for a Dr Who mini-playfield too thanks.

#161 76 days ago
Quoted from Kirk332:

Hi Kevin, what at the chances of being able to ship our old worn out playfields to you, Black Knight for example, and have it reconditioned so to speak saving having to CNC a new timber blank?

I would like to have my original BK playfield re-screened or printed.

#162 76 days ago
Quoted from Kirk332:

For any of our past playfields (ie. we have the artwork) that is possible. With few exceptions. We'll be offering that alongside new "Made For You" playfields, as a cheaper option.

Black Knight IS an exception, however - because those were silkscreened by us back in 2007/2008 with a fantastic film set from the guy who paid Marti Sperling to make the film set so he could produce silkscreened BK overlays in 2002-2003 era. He sold oodles of them. We made a deal for the films at the time, to borrow them for a couple months, and he received compensation for supplying the artwork. The films have long been shipped back to the guy.

Even if we were to get the films back, they offer nothing to the digital suite. So BK will be a redraw mission for 2019 to replace the artwork here. Other than that, we have all the original cut programming, inserts, dimple beds, etc, still on hand. Just gotta solve that artwork issue, since silkscreening batched re-runs is no longer our path here.

#163 75 days ago

Sweet liberty.. so many good things available now. Which one do I need more now?!

E0E630D8-FB86-4A3B-8635-9EFE5C43E0F9 (resized).jpeg

#164 75 days ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

Sweet liberty.. so many good things available now. Which one do I need more now?!

Press that right button, QUICKLY man,.. before you wake and find this was all a dream that drains away "Oh No.........."

#165 75 days ago

" So BK will be a redraw mission for 2019 to replace the artwork here. "

Looks like I will be repopulating my blown out pf and playing the crap out of it for a couple more years then.

Any chance of bringing that date forward? I'm back from holiday 14th August so I can accept delivery any time after that and before the end of the month.

#166 75 days ago

Ordered DESW and LW3. Pretty excited!

Whats the timeline on these now? I'm imagining you're getting swamped with orders once you opened the floodgates.

Also should I receive any kind of order confirmation? I will say your ordering method leaves a bit to be desired.

#167 75 days ago
Quoted from cabuford:

Ordered DESW and LW3. Pretty excited!
Whats the timeline on these now? I'm imagining you're getting swamped with orders once you opened the floodgates.
Also should I receive any kind of order confirmation? I will say your ordering method leaves a bit to be desired.

I ordered a JP plastic set on March 14, 2017. At that time I did not receive an order confirmation from CPR. I received a tracking number on March 15, 2017, and the package was delivered on March 27, 2017.

I seem to recall reading in another thread that CPR does not send out order confirmations, however they do send out a tracking number once the order has been shipped. I have ordered other plastic sets from CPR previously and in all instances they sent a tracking number once the order was shipped.

Gord

#168 75 days ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

For any of our past playfields (ie. we have the artwork) that is possible. With few exceptions. We'll be offering that alongside new "Made For You" playfields, as a cheaper option.
Black Knight IS an exception, however - because those were silkscreened by us back in 2007/2008 with a fantastic film set from the guy who paid Marti Sperling to make the film set so he could produce silkscreened BK overlays in 2002-2003 era. He sold oodles of them. We made a deal for the films at the time, to borrow them for a couple months, and he received compensation for supplying the artwork. The films have long been shipped back to the guy.
Even if we were to get the films back, they offer nothing to the digital suite. So BK will be a redraw mission for 2019 to replace the artwork here. Other than that, we have all the original cut programming, inserts, dimple beds, etc, still on hand. Just gotta solve that artwork issue, since silkscreening batched re-runs is no longer our path here.

Thanks for the explanation. With all the jobs I have lined up it will probably take me till 2019 to get around to working on my Black Knight anyway.

#169 75 days ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I seem to recall reading in another thread that CPR does not send out order confirmations, however they do send out a tracking number once the order has been shipped. I have ordered other plastic sets from CPR previously and in all instances they sent a tracking number once the order has been shipped.
Gord

Thanks for the info. I'll be patiently waiting for tracking info then.

#170 75 days ago

Um, so roughly WHEN might that be an option.....say for a Strikes and Spares re-print -

AWESOME news for the community - THANK YOU GUYS -

#171 75 days ago
Quoted from cabuford:

Yes, there has been a swamping. Everything people are ordering is created almost immediately. For plastics, it's the lineup at the laser CNC that is proving to be the bottleneck, during the swamping. Regardless, we're buying a new laser CNC at 3X the power of the old one, so we're going to third our cutting times shortly anyway. It had to happen, swamping or not. So we're backed up a couple days on the laser. Once they're off the laser, they go into your shipment.

Yes, you get both a PayPal and UPS confirmation email upon label creation & dispatch.

Yes, the last 14 years have been that clunky manual-pay methodology. Frankly, it worked flawlessly for tens of thousands of transactions over the years. But people in today's day and age expect a proper Cart and Checkout system - which is why the new web site will feature it (already programmed and included) that comes out in a few weeks.

#172 75 days ago

Stu, when would you be able to start offering the playfield re-prints? We sendp you a worn pf, you sand/reprint it -

#173 75 days ago
Quoted from lordloss:

"QUIET!! We are playing" - Jokerz King

#174 75 days ago
Quoted from 28pmss:

I would be in for a Black Knight backglass

Is Mayfair Amusements out of the Williams reruns they not too long ago seemed to have a never ending supply of?

#175 75 days ago

So I guess the pinside community is going to be pretty darn busy shopping their games for the next few years?

#176 75 days ago
Quoted from cait001:

So I guess the pinside community is going to be pretty darn busy shopping their games for the next few years?

Yes followed by years of even higher prices.
I'll take that bubble burst now please.

#177 75 days ago

Is it too early to ask for a Scorpion mirrored back glass?

#178 75 days ago

Getaway plastics.

#179 75 days ago

Will this mean the gold, silver, and bronze classifications are no longer in use? Will all playfields be created equal?

#180 75 days ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Will this mean the gold, silver, and bronze classifications are no longer in use? Will all playfields be created equal?

Now there are two statuses:
1) GOLD
2) PC LOAD LETTER

1200px-PC_Load_Letter (resized).jpg

#181 75 days ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Getaway plastics.

They're already back up on the site.

#182 75 days ago
Quoted from Capinball:

They're already back up on the site.

The new process is already reaping rewards for the hobby.

#183 75 days ago

Last Action Hero Plastics and Playfield

#184 75 days ago

Flash Gordon pf

#185 74 days ago
Quoted from radium:

Now there are two statuses:
1) GOLD
2) PC LOAD LETTER

PC load letter, what the f*ck does that mean?

#186 74 days ago
Quoted from Clytor:

PC load letter, what the f*ck does that mean?

Watch the movie Office Space! Pc load letter was an error that printers gave in the late 90s that was a generic error message. The title of the error frustrated everyone working in offices at that time, and the movie Office Space covered this frustration.

#187 74 days ago

B3E0FE72-8B9A-4F00-8A13-946019A7ACA0 (resized).jpeg
#188 74 days ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Watch the movie Office Space! Pc load letter was an error that printers gave in the late 90s that was a generic error message. The title of the error frustrated everyone working in offices at that time, and the movie Office Space covered this frustration.

He was directly quoting the movie.

#189 74 days ago
Quoted from cabuford:

He was directly quoting the movie.

Went over my head obviously
I’ve seen the movie dozens of times. For fun go back and watch the scene the morning he wakes up after he is hypnotized. After he hangs up on his girlfriend she calls back and gets his answering machine. She yells so loud that the answering machine shakes!

#190 74 days ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Went over my head obviously
I’ve seen the movie dozens of times. For fun go back and watch the scene the morning he wakes up after he is hypnotized. After he hangs up on his girlfriend she calls back and gets his answering machine. She yells so loud that the answering machine shakes!

Alexandra Wentworth - who I think is married to George Stephanopolous on ABC

#191 74 days ago

Sad, I dont watch the Show but I got the joke...old age.....

#192 73 days ago

Wave 3, please include Silverball Mania backglasses....need one very badly.

#193 73 days ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Silverball playfields too, for that matter.

#194 73 days ago

Stern Big Game playfields and backglasses were probably never done, but those would be nice to have.

#195 73 days ago

Williams Comet Backglass i've seen mentioned by many as well. I can't seem to find one anywhere the past few years

#196 73 days ago
Quoted from Condemnedcad:

Williams Comet Backglass i've seen mentioned by many as well. I can't seem to find one anywhere the past few years

I’ve found several people on Pinside and Facebook in the last year looking for a Comet backglass. Mayfair doesn’t have one, and I don’t see anyone selling a translite on Ebay. Bgresto can make one but his current wait time is 5-6 months. Cpr or Shay should make this glass.

#197 71 days ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

SBM, among the other remaining glasses offline, are all mirrored... We've got a ton of footwork to get done to make them possible under the "on demand" model... meaning we have to screen glass blanks with all the mirror designs, so they are ready for finishing, on demand. So we have to prepare a whole selection of dedicated screens (that will never be reclaimed or stripped) of each mirror design Forming a library of screens. Then we'll pre-silkscreen a library of glass panels with the mirror ink designs for each backglass (say, 5-10 of each). Then upon anybody ordering one, we'll finish up the glass in the digital suite so it can ship out that day, or the next day.

We won't put up the mirrored glass(es) until all these ducks are in a row, so we're ready to roll.

As each selection of mirrored panels depletes, we just screen a small batch more, by using the dedicated screen on hand, which is always ready to go.

This will be the systemic compromise to do "on demand" "one-off" mirrored backglasses. Kind of a hybrid of the old model, and the new model. At least now we don't have to throw ourselves into 100 panels, one design, and 8-12 colors... to produce (1) title / run. We just have to set up silkscreening for ONE color (mirror ink) and only do a little batch of panels. Huge difference.

We'll get mirrored glasses, like SBM, rolling as soon as we get all this worked out. Working on getting all those legacy plastics sets out first.

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

#198 71 days ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

SBM, among the other remaining glasses offline, are all mirrored... We've got a ton of footwork to get done to make them possible under the "on demand" model... meaning we have to screen glass blanks with all the mirror designs, so they are ready for finishing, on demand. So we have to prepare a whole selection of dedicated screens (that will never be reclaimed or stripped) of each mirror design Forming a library of screens. Then we'll pre-silkscreen a library of glass panels with the mirror ink designs for each backglass (say, 5-10 of each). Then upon anybody ordering one, we'll finish up the glass in the digital suite so it can ship out that day, or the next day.
We won't put up the mirrored glass(es) until all these ducks are in a row, so we're ready to roll.
As each selection of mirrored panels depletes, we just screen a small batch more, by using the dedicated screen on hand, which is always ready to go.
This will be the systemic compromise to do "on demand" "one-off" mirrored backglasses. Kind of a hybrid of the old model, and the new model. At least now we don't have to throw ourselves into 100 panels, one design, and 8-12 colors... to produce (1) title / run. We just have to set up silkscreening for ONE color (mirror ink) and only do a little batch of panels. Huge difference.
We'll get mirrored glasses, like SBM, rolling as soon as we get all this worked out. Working on getting all those legacy plastics sets out first.
KEVIN

Great news!

What should we expect in terms of color correctness compared to the original backglass art? I have seen examples of CPR glasses for Flash Gordon, STTNG, and Fathom that looked very different to me than the originals (saturation issues, banding, etc). Will the new process be more accurate than the old process?

#199 71 days ago
Quoted from radium:

What should we expect in terms of color correctness compared to the original backglass art? I have seen examples of CPR glasses for Flash Gordon, STTNG, and Fathom that looked very different to me than the originals (saturation issues, banding, etc). Will the new process be more accurate than the old process?

Staggeringly more accurate. As in, a near-perfect match.

The main problem before was that we were at the mercy of the film lab, and silkscreening results were fixed (you "get what you get"). Zero control beyond trying to make the color curve in the file given to the lab, as best as you can, knowing how previous runs looked using the same ink set.

FYI The process was basically this:

NOS Glass (150 lpi) -> RGB Cruze Scan -> CMYK conversion -> CMYK file to film lab -> lab splits to CMYK films @ 79 lpi -> films burned to screens -> Black silkscreened -> dry time -> Magenta silkscreened -> dry time -> Cyan silkscreened -> dry time -> Yellow silkscreened -> dry time -> White silkscreened (now you can finally see your resulting image) -> dry time -> Lightblock backside silkscreened -> dry time. Done.

However that resulting glass run looked, is what we sold. There was no going back to change anything in the process. There was no way.

The density of the inks were always in the algorithm for the films being done at the lab, so unlit repro glasses looked oversaturate and "darker" - to compensate for the final look when backlit. Otherwise, an unlit glass looking "right" meant once the lights come on, it looks slightly washed out. So gamma was always part of the lab's color curves, when the films were made. It was a necessary evil. That is why what you call "saturation issues" wasn't really an "issue" at all... it was a reality to prevent washout of the backlit final destiny of the glasses.

79 lpi also (at close range) looked quite "sandy" with all the dots the artwork was made up of. Around half the resolution of NOS (~150 lpi). I won't get into the technicals of why new films made from a 150lpi artwork cannot be made into new 150lpi films... but let's just say, it cannot be done.

Beyond that, the resulting image, whether appearing magenta-heavy, or cyan-heavy, or whatever... was final. We got what we got. And you didn't KNOW what you've got until you see the layers sitting on top of each other, on glass, with white screened behind it...

So now, the process gets as direct as this:

NOS glass -> RGB Cruze scan -> digital print to new glass (300 to 600 lpi).

I'm leaving out the work on the scan itself, to perfect it and stuff... redrawing window frames, fonts, etc. But you can see how "direct" the process is. PLUS - we can test the resulting art package immediately. Print one! Look at it. If anything is to be changed, make the changes... print another one. Boom. Everything happens in hours/minutes, rather than a week doing 7-12 silkscreening sessions, of 100+ panels, just to see the final results.

Plus, dots so tiny (microns) that they are just as invisible as on an NOS glass.

Density of the digital inks is so much better, that a digital CPR glass may look only 2-5% "darker/saturate" as opposed to 15-20% on the silkscreened variety - which people noticed bigtime. So the "necessary evil" for backlighting integrity has been greatly reduced, and almost completely unapparent.

KEVIN

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 63.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 128.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Boards
PinSound
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
Wanted
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 269.00
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
£ 79.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 21.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 391 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside