99069CBF-04EB-40A7-BD0A-11FF7FD2524F (resized).jpeg
IMG_5716 (resized).JPG
IMG_5715 (resized).JPG
IMG_5714 (resized).JPG
IMG_5713 (resized).JPG
IMG_5712 (resized).JPG
IMG_5710 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 530 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Dude, you have more pins than years.

Double or nothing!

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

99.999999% of Pinside is over 60 and over weight.
Patience will only show them their wife selling their games after the funeral.

I've always wondered if I was the only one that has a list for my wife with the "just get them sold" prices for all my machines in case that were to happen.

Quoted from J85M:

I’d love to see Data East Batman plastics and backglasses along with new playfields, can’t wait to see what things come from this.

Kevin, I don't recall if it was you or STU (think it was STU though) I talked to a couple years ago but my offer is still on the table. I completely understand the hesitation of using someone else artwork but maybe it could at least give a pro a good starting foundation. The only part that I know could use some work to be damn near perfect are the Old and Young Jack inserts. Here is a picture of my artwork printed on a PF that I sanded bare, fixed the shooter lane and few other spots and had direct printed. Panther Pinball is helping with this as a restore option. Bad news is I lost my layered Photoshop files in a HD crash but I still have my merged color and separate white photoshop files with alignment marks.

bm (resized).jpgbm (resized).jpg
#103 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Really hate how the community comes across in this thread. CPR announces a list of re-releases and that they will continue to rerelease in a timely fashion. Community complains about quality of old projects and then whines for things to be made. Doesn't anyone on here have at least some level of patience? We are about to see 130 projects come back, why not put a cork in it and be thankful for a change?

41D96E73-BB4E-4909-923D-A8C9775590A6.jpeg41D96E73-BB4E-4909-923D-A8C9775590A6.jpeg

#104 5 years ago

Is there a list of what's going to be possible to purchase?
Cannot find what they have made in the past as to what could be released ?

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

After? More likely "at"?

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Says you....I'm over 60 and NOT over weight.

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Is there a list of what's going to be possible to purchase?
Cannot find what they have made in the past as to what could be released ?

The photo gallery is good for the last couple of years, unfortunately I don't see a true archive.

http://www.classicplayfields.com/photos.html

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

The photo gallery is good for the last couple of years, unfortunately I don't see a true archive.

Much appreciated !

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

http://www.classicplayfields.com/photos.html

Wayback machine has stuff back to 2011. Check the snapshots they have for that page every few months and you'll get most everything for the last 6-7 years.

#110 5 years ago

I’ll buy DE Star Wars and LW3 plastics as soon as they go on sale! I know both playfields were in contention, hell I might but those too if the digital printing makes them a bit more affordable.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Says you....I'm over 60 and NOT over weight.

.000000001%

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I think the age varies between 40 and 60.

Overweight... Yea that's true.

#113 5 years ago

When I got started about 4 years ago I thought/asumed I'd be dealing with older guys however found the opposite to be true.
Just turned 40 and I'm basically a old timer. 75% of guys I've met in this hobby are born in the 80s.

#114 5 years ago

I am VERY thankful to CPR for doing this upgrade and bringing the people what they want. It can only be great for the hobby and likely good for my business. And yeah, i'll be turning most of the profits right back into my own pinball habit. Works that way!

Shawn

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

I’ll buy DE Star Wars and LW3 plastics as soon as they go on sale! I know both playfields were in contention, hell I might but those too if the digital printing makes them a bit more affordable.

You can buy a set of LW3 from Stu for $290 on his site.

#116 5 years ago

Fathom BG, obv...

#117 5 years ago

Anyone aware if Classic has done the playfield(s) for Banzai Run ?

#118 5 years ago

High Speed BG and plastics please

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I've always wondered if I was the only one that has a list for my wife with the "just get them sold" prices for all my machines in case that were to happen.

Kevin, I don't recall if it was you or STU (think it was STU though) I talked to a couple years ago but my offer is still on the table. I completely understand the hesitation of using someone else artwork but maybe it could at least give a pro a good starting foundation. The only part that I know could use some work to be damn near perfect are the Old and Young Jack inserts. Here is a picture of my artwork printed on a PF that I sanded bare, fixed the shooter lane and few other spots and had direct printed. Panther Pinball is helping with this as a restore option. Bad news is I lost my layered Photoshop files in a HD crash but I still have my merged color and separate white photoshop files with alignment marks.

Awesome to offer that up Vett especially considering the amount of time and effort you have put into this project.

KevinCPR what’s your take on this? Do you have access to original art files? I know quite a few people that would love to be able to get a new DE Batman playfield, including myself.

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from classicgamefan:

Please prioritize the Evel Knievel plastics and backglass reruns. Thanks!

planetary had evel backglasses I think!

#121 5 years ago

This is fantastic news. Another vote for Silverball Mania backglass and plastics please and thanks.

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Damn....
You've got my number

#123 5 years ago

** SECOND WAVE ** (Now available in the CPR Store at our web site):

Plastics sets:

BANZAI RUN
EVEL KNIEVEL
FLASH GORDON
GETAWAY
COMET
PLAYBOY (Bally)
HIGH SPEED
BLACK KNIGHT
DataEast STAR WARS
PIN*BOT
FIREPOWER
LETHAL WEAPON 3

Backglasses:

CENTAUR
SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

#124 5 years ago

Hi Kevin

Thank you for bringing all these projects back to life it is great.

With the rerun of getaway plastics will the orange outline be vibrant like originals are? I got a CPR set from a guy last year and the orange was really washed out and almost pastel?

Money in hand ready for Meteor back glass and Firepower and Barracora playfields if the clearing has improved.

#125 5 years ago

Got the Pinbot plastics!! Whoo hoo.... now just need a repro playfield......

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I recall the survey/poll a few years ago had the average around 38 years of age.

Weight was not surveyed.

#127 5 years ago

Are you planning on doing playfield/plastics deals? Asking specifically for Flash Gordon. Thanks!

also, not sure if it's just me but I cant see the second wave.

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Did cpr do a alien poker backglass? I know they have the plastics because I bought one

I don't know if CPR did one or had a hand in on this one, but you can get it from PPS. I've got one in my AP and it's beautiful!

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-ALIEN-BK

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

** SECOND WAVE ** (Now available in the CPR Store at our web site):
Plastics sets:
BANZAI RUN
EVEL KNIEVEL
FLASH GORDON
GETAWAY
COMET
PLAYBOY (Bally)
HIGH SPEED
BLACK KNIGHT
DataEast STAR WARS
PIN*BOT
FIREPOWER
LETHAL WEAPON 3
Backglasses:
CENTAUR
SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN
KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

Do you have the licenses for Tales From The Crypt, Star Wars, and Lethal Weapon 3?

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I think the age varies between 40 and 60.
Overweight... Yea that's true.

Ha! Over weight and old.... so tired of the haters about age and weight. I get that at work all the time "your getting old man..." Ha! I'm 37. I just ran a Spartan Race this weekend (I do these OCR races all the time, about 15 a year) and qualified, for the 3rd year in a row, for the OCR World Championship that will be held in London in October. There were 62 countries represented last year. It's like the Olympics. Awesome. OCR is obstacle course racing, not to be confused with American Ninja Warrior. They are typically anywhere from a 5K to 16+ miles. Hell, I did a 8 hour overnight race from Midnight to 8AM a couple months ago in Michigan at a sand and gravel pit. It was a 5 mile course with about 20 obstacles along the way, not to mention the hills and ravines, and you had the 8 hours overnight to see how many laps you could get in. Clocked in 30 miles. I wonder what I could do at a marathon?

I'm also one of the top members at my Crossfit gym.

We are not all old and overweight.

#131 5 years ago

I would be in for a Black Knight backglass

#132 5 years ago

KevinCPR do you have a preferring way for people to request reproductions? If not, I could build you a simple request app that lets you review the requests by count. Let me know either way.

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Alternate prototype Grand Lizard - please

Bgresto makes them

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi Kevin
Thank you for bringing all these projects back to life it is great.
With the rerun of getaway plastics will the orange outline be vibrant like originals are? I got a CPR set from a guy last year and the orange was really washed out and almost pastel?
Money in hand ready for Meteor back glass and Firepower and Barracora playfields if the clearing has improved.

Hoping for the same thing, nice bright orange on the getaway plastics, not the washed out color that was on the remakes last time.

#135 5 years ago

Second on bringing back the Jurassic Park plastics. Thanks Kevin!

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Second on bringing back the Jurassic Park plastics. Thanks Kevin!

nevermind, JP is back in stock!

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from PeteB:

Do you have the licenses for Tales From The Crypt, Star Wars, and Lethal Weapon 3?

PeteB There is a tales from the crypt translite for sale on CL:
tulsa.craigslist.org link

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

peteb There is a tales from the crypt translite for sale on CL:
tulsa.craigslist.org link

Cool. But I want to know if CPR have the licenses to make the TFTC, Star Wars, Jurassic Park and Lethal Weapon 3 plastics.

#139 5 years ago

Most overpriced translite I've seen in a long time. $200?

#140 5 years ago

Frontier back glass please!

#141 5 years ago

Did you adjust the blue on the Jurassic Park plastic? The blue is way too dark.

#142 5 years ago

Be nice to have a list of everything, just so someone doesn't end up waiting for something to come out that uknowingly wasn't done before. Have all games had plastics/playfield/backglasses done in the past. Or did some only have the plastics done?

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Did you adjust the blue on the Jurassic Park plastic? The blue is way too dark.

Which JP set? The previous run of silkscreened sets that sold out? Or the sets going forward, from the digital press?

The target blue on JP plastics is Pantone 2935C, as read off an NOS set that was never in a game.

On the screened sets, due to the ink density, the blue was laid with backlighting (gamma) inferred into the ink mix. You have to illuminate (backlight) the plastics to achieve the intended 2935C result. All of the colors, really. They look "darker" when just in normal omnidirectional room light, seen from the front. Had it not been done this way, the final blue, backlit in the game, would have looked weaker and 'washed out'.

On the digital sets, the ink is more concise and less dense than silkscreen ink. The color is hit, and the digital inks retain themselves well with backlighting, essentially the look of 2935C - lit or unlit. Barely any gamma was inferred in the blue color mix. We also slightly "bumped up" a few of the other colors on the digital set, which were somewhat underwhelming. Even on the NOS set. Namely the brown and lavender.

blues.jpgblues.jpg

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from 28pmss:

I would be in for a Black Knight backglass

I second that. Black Knight backglass.

#145 5 years ago

Black Rose Translite? Been looking for 2 years. Thanks Kevin!

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I second that. Black Knight backglass.

Thirds, fourths, fifths, however many more I can add!

It would be great if there was some competition in the market for backglasses. I appreciate what Mayfair brings to the hobby but their price point is painful especially when you are in Canada and get nailed with exchange, shipping, taxes and stuff. That $350 USD backglass comes in closer to $500 CDN. Ouch!

So yes, please @kevincpr, consider producing a BK backglass even though I know it isn't in your back catalogue!

#147 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Which JP set? The previous run of silkscreened sets that sold out? Or the sets going forward, from the digital press?
The target blue on JP plastics is Pantone 2935C, as read off an NOS set that was never in a game.
On the screened sets, due to the ink density, the blue was laid with backlighting (gamma) inferred into the ink mix. You have to illuminate (backlight) the plastics to achieve the intended 2935C result. All of the colors, really. They look "darker" when just in normal omnidirectional room light, seen from the front. Had it not been done this way, the final blue, backlit in the game, would have looked weaker and 'washed out'.
On the digital sets, the ink is more concise and less dense than silkscreen ink. The color is hit, and the digital inks retain themselves well with backlighting, essentially the look of 2935C - lit or unlit. Barely any gamma was inferred in the blue color mix. We also slightly "bumped up" a few of the other colors on the digital set, which were somewhat underwhelming. Even on the NOS set. Namely the brown and lavender.

Thanks for that explanation Kevin, pretty interesting and something I hadn’t considered previously.

Do you have plans to run Data East Batman translite, plastics and playfields anytime soon?

Thank you and another thanks for the continued investment in our hobby and repro parts.

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Third and final time I will ask, do you have the licenses for Tales From The Crypt, Jurassic Park, Star Wars and Lethal Weapon 3?

#149 5 years ago

I'd like to buy Skateball plastics with the correct green color and not yellow.

#150 5 years ago

KevinCPR

Since we all just seem to be throwing stuff out there...is there any ETA for the translite to mirrored backglass for Jokerz?

It's been in the queue for a while...

Thanks!

There are 530 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-floodgates-open-plastics-amp-glasses-releases/page/3?hl=cabuford and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.