99069CBF-04EB-40A7-BD0A-11FF7FD2524F (resized).jpeg
IMG_5716 (resized).JPG
IMG_5715 (resized).JPG
IMG_5714 (resized).JPG
IMG_5713 (resized).JPG
IMG_5712 (resized).JPG
IMG_5710 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 530 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.
#451 5 years ago

flintstones.... i'll second that!

#452 5 years ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

Mike
Will you be offering the two piece playfields such as Black Knight?
Andy

And flash gordon.

#453 5 years ago

When will the full, (mirrored) version of the original eight ball deluxe be available?

#454 5 years ago
Quoted from CPR:

Guys;
You're right, many of our sold out playfields will be the first ones to be remade, after all we already have all the vectored art which is spectacular in its sharpness compared to a touched up scan that some others use. The human eye is quickly able to discern blurring in text and small details and having the vectored art means none of that whatsoever. As for Cyclone in particular I can't give you a hard date when it will be out as I am counting through our 500,000+ inserts to see what we can make with what we have and what we need to order/make in order to expand that possibilities.
Mike

Thank you for the info. It just seems like there are a ton of cyclones out there that have rough playfields..... Mine is one of them

#455 5 years ago

Andy B

That's the idea, we already have the vectored artwork which is the best you can get for this. I have a CAD sample on the way, just to 100% confirm that my old files line up perfectly.

Mike

#456 5 years ago
Quoted from CPR:

Andy B
That's the idea, we already have the vectored artwork which is the best you can get for this. I have a CAD sample on the way, just to 100% confirm that my old files line up perfectly.
Mike

So, I'm assuming that Pinbot playfield would become available at some point, also? If so, then that sounds great. Thank you.

#457 5 years ago
Quoted from CPR:

Andy B
Mike

Sweeeeet!

4 weeks later
#458 5 years ago

More Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure mirrored Backglass please, pretty please. I want to order 2 other glasses and do a bulk ship.
Thanks

#459 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

More Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure mirrored Backglass please, pretty please. I want to order 2 other glasses and do a bulk ship.
Thanks

I'm ready to order one too

#460 5 years ago

Williams Indiana Jones for me too!

#461 5 years ago

Same here !!! IJ Mirrored Backglass... I’m bummed I missed out... I’ve been dumping an obscene amount into my restore ... what’s another 3 bills

#462 5 years ago

Mee too on IJ!!

#463 5 years ago

I need the following and I am ready to purchase:

2 fully mirrored Stern Stars Backglasses
1 fully mirrored Bally Bobby Orr Power Play Backglass
1 Bobby Orr Power Play Playfield

My dad would wants a fully mirrored Indiana Jones Backglass

#464 5 years ago

Can someone let me know about the Paragon backglass ? Is it still the original batch that there are postings about the Colors being a bit off from the originals? That seemed to be a long time ago and I thought they were long gone, but see you can buy them.

Is it a new batch with updated Colors?

Is it a new process where you can produce 1 at a time orders?

Thanks!

#465 5 years ago

Just got TZ/ IJ ! Beautiful
MM coming

Never been a fan of translites
Never like em when there wavy

All Backglass’s should be mirrored
Thanks CPR ! Keep em coming

#466 5 years ago

I thought I saw that an Eight Ball BG was done by CPR in the past. If so (or if not), are there any plans for it? With so many made, there has to be a demand I would think, plus of course it does have the Fonz and Pinky Tuscadero on it ...

#467 5 years ago
Quoted from srcdube:

Can someone let me know about the Paragon backglass ? Is it still the original batch that there are postings about the Colors being a bit off from the originals? That seemed to be a long time ago and I thought they were long gone, but see you can buy them.

I had sent CPR an e-mail message asking about this -- told them that I am a fan of their work and more or less wanted an honest opinion on if the colors being washed out when backlight was a problem as mentioned by previous "reviews."

Kevin was actually kind enough to call me personally and go over some of the details of the manufacturing past and present. Long story short he said the new digital printing process has eliminated the issues noted in the previous runs. I went ahead and ordered one -- I will be sure to post back with an opinion.

#468 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I had sent CPR an e-mail message asking about this -- told them that I am a fan of their work and more or less wanted an honest opinion on if the colors being washed out when backlight was a problem as mentioned by previous "reviews."
Kevin was actually kind enough to call me personally and go over some of the details of the manufacturing past and present. Long story short he said the new digital printing process has eliminated the issues noted in the previous runs. I went ahead and ordered one -- I will be sure to post back with an opinion.

Looking forward to hearing how it is!

#469 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Kewl... be sure to post back or PM me!

#470 5 years ago

Kevin was quick to help me sort out some troubles I was having completing my order for a few Harlem playfields and plastic sets. Looking forward to that new playfield smell.

1 week later
#471 5 years ago

Has anybody seen the latest Medusa plastics? Are they any better? The ones I bought a few years ago were super dark and let very little light through them.

#472 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballshark:

Has anybody seen the latest Medusa plastics? Are they any better? The ones I bought a few years ago were super dark and let very little light through them.

Yeah I would be interested in this as well as I also bought a set of the original ones. I think it's more that the plastics don't allow the light to come through! I struck out with Medusa as I purchased the plastics (still have them and never installed), the backglass (sold it right away as the colors were saturated and blurry) and the playfield (bought a Gold version and had several of the inserts with rings around them where the clear-coat settled into insert leaving rings. I was lucky with this as I was able to resale it for my purchase price as the buyer wanted a Gold and the inserts weren't an issue for him).

By no means am I knocking CPR as it's great they reproduce parts but they appear to be lacking when it comes to quality. With the investments Kevin has made hopefully this will or has changed.

#473 4 years ago

Come on Kevin, throw me a bone here. I'd like to order these Medusa plastics if they are up to snuff. I'm half way through the playfield swap and don't want to be waiting for plastics to finish the job.

#474 4 years ago

I'll check and find out what's up with the Medusa Plastics for you guys.

Mike

#475 4 years ago
Quoted from CPR:

I'll check and find out what's up with the Medusa Plastics for you guys.
Mike

Great, thanks Mike. Do you have an ETA for the release of the Diner playfields?

#476 4 years ago

Love to see CPR plastics for Warlock or Time Fantasy. I have both examples and would love to help.

#477 4 years ago

Come on Kevin, throw me a bone here. I'd like to order these Medusa plastics if they are up to snuff. I'm half way through the playfield swap and don't want to be waiting for plastics to finish the job.

If nothing has changed in the Medusa plastics (i.e. they're still produced the way the first batch was) and you want a set I will sell you mine a little cheaper! I never installed them and they still have the protective film on them! Lmk

#478 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Great, thanks Mike. Do you have an ETA for the release of the Diner playfields?

Diner playfields are ready to ship, we are just trying to get some of the Harlems out first to make room. Kevin said today he would do some photos and start send people their invoices right away.

Mike

#479 4 years ago
Quoted from CPR:

Diner playfields are ready to ship, we are just trying to get some of the Harlems out first to make room. Kevin said today he would do some photos and start send people their invoices right away.
Mike

Beauty! I've been on the Diner list for years, really looking forward to that one.

#480 4 years ago
Quoted from CPR:

Mike

That is awesome news!!

#481 4 years ago

Come on Kevin, throw me a bone here. I'd like to order these Medusa plastics if they are up to snuff.

Mike asked me to pop by, as this Medusa Plastics question is new to him and me. I handle all the plastics, so it's my purview. I guess it all depends on what "up to snuff" means. (???) Never heard otherwise since 2009 (when we started making them). So I'll answer best I can.

We've run and re-run Medusa plastics a couple times over the last decade. They were runs of silkscreened plastics. Enamel colors (inks), with white enamel backing. Spot colors. Same as every other plastics we ever did. Same as how originals were made.

Why they allegedly wouldn't let light through, or appear dark, is a first hearing this for me. Hundreds of sets have gone out (especially during the Medusa repro playfield days). No reports. I'm hoping people remembered to peel off the thick white paper mask on the backs.

So I guess my best answer, since all of those silkscreened legacy sets are gone and sold out, is that since fall 2018, the Medusa plastics are the digital variety. I've held them up to light and they seem fine to me. Again, just like all the other designs. Same process now. I guess I'd say go for them, and if you don't like them, then we do offer a complete refund if one wants to return them. Beyond that, I don't know what else to say about them. All seems normal here.

#482 4 years ago

The best example of lack of light transmission on Medusa plastics was pictured here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medusa-owners-club/page/8#post-3577993

They were sold by BAA & PPS in 2017. I sent mine back for a refund. If the new digital variety is good, I'll happily order a set.

#483 4 years ago

Were these on sale yesterday, but not today? I thought they were less than $139.

#484 4 years ago

Does anyone recall if CPR ever did TOMMY plastics? It looks like the first fellow on their artist's page [who is unnamed when I open the page] did it, but hard to tell. Are they eventually going to reissue everything with their new method. I've asked directly, but never have had a reply. Anyone with inside dope?

#485 4 years ago

I have the early silkscreened Medusa plastics, and I can confirm that they are almost completely opaque. I think I just decided to keep my originals. Same with the backglass, the nips are cool but the light transmission is way off the original. But I do love the work you guys did on the playfield, can’t wait to install mine.

#486 4 years ago

KevinCPR - I've sent you a few PM's over the past 1.5 months in regards to the playfield I sent to you guys, but never received a response. Just wanted to make sure you received everything ok.

#487 4 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

It looks like the first fellow on their artist's page [who is unnamed when I open the page] did it

That was Stu, the CPR Art Director / Partner.....you will see his Name when you click on the Bio Tab

#488 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

That was Stu, the CPR Art Director / Partner.....you will see his Name when you click on the Bio Tab

Cool - Thanks. He sure did a lot of titles.

#489 4 years ago

Silverball Mania full mirrored version arrived yesterday. One word - fantastic!! Nice to have a brand new glass to go with the CPR playfield. Missed out on the glass first time around. Thanks CPR for the new process!

#490 4 years ago

We don't see Stu here very often, I really miss him. His home gamerooms are top notch.

#491 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

We don't see Stu here very often, I really miss him. His home gamerooms are top notch.

Stu deactivated his account over 4 years ago. He said he got sick of the Toxic nature of pinside and all the negativity, especially towards CPR. He tried to make himself available to the community here and keep people informed about CPR stuff, but in the end he said it just wasn't worth the b*lls*it.......

#492 4 years ago

Stu deactivated his account over 4 years ago. He said he got sick of the Toxic nature of pinside and all the negativity, especially towards CPR. He tried to make himself available to the community here and keep people informed about CPR stuff, but in the end he said it just wasn't worth the b*lls*it.......

That’s too bad. Lots of nice folks on pinside, but certainly a few fools here and there. Can’t say I blame him. They offer up something that takes a lot of time, talent and effort, and if it’s not up to snuff for some folks they seem to get weirdly upset and snarky rather than just taking a pass or quietly seeking a refund via a pm. Not like any of us can reproduce playfields, plastics and backglasses. Oh well those that can, do - those that can’t, complain.

#493 4 years ago

any idea when Xenon playfields way be available?

#494 4 years ago

Riverboat Gambler Mirrored Backglass would be awesome.
Pinball Magic would be very Nice!

#495 4 years ago

The negativity has seemed to reach an apex. Lots of borderline bullying on here lately.

#496 4 years ago

A mirrored Bally Frontier backglass would be great.

#497 4 years ago

Latest batch of Xenon's are almost done. I saw them six days ago they had just two colors left, actually probably done now. Course it takes a couple of weeks to clear them and for it to harden enough to ship after the spray shop gets them.

Mike

#498 4 years ago

Hey, While I never got an email, I got something even better following my ask last week re Tommy plastics - CPR added Tommy plastics. Thanks CPR.

#499 4 years ago
Quoted from flyfisher:

+1

#500 4 years ago
Quoted from flyfisher:

Talk to Stu on CPR's Facebook page.....If you ( or anyone ) can ship him an NOS or Near Perfect Frontier Backglass for scanning they they will make them. Stu is not on pinside anymore, he left over 4 years ago, so you will have to contact him through Facebook.

There are 530 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-floodgates-open-plastics-amp-glasses-releases/page/10?hl=djtkach and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.