View topic image gallery

xeswap13.jpg
20140731_220237.jpg
20140731_220401.jpg
20140731_220414.jpg
#1 9 years ago

*** UPDATE August 21, 2014: All five have sold. Thank You. ***

Guys,

Putting these on PinSide first, to see if there are any takers that want first dibs. If they don't all sell here, they move on to our web site to sit in the Store section, or onto the show circuit with Starship Fantasy.

We had enough no-shows from the guys in the Xenon Inbox that was up on our site, that we can now release these to the general public. These are from the early 2014 CNC Test Run we did to get our new equipment programmed and up to par in Q1. We chose Xenon as one of the candidates for testing because we had a few dozen leftover insert sets from 2008. This short run was only 40 pieces. These are the final five. All five are rated "Bronze". Yes, there are six boxes in the photo, but one just sold last night (the one marked "Blobs 2X").

In order to control orderly access to these, I will individually green-light each buyer via a PayPal request sent by me. PLEASE DO NOT go ahead and shoot us a direct PayPal payment (I will refund it if you do). Simply email me using the site's general Inbox email (see Contact section of the site). I will write you back, wait for me. This way, a fair queue will form based on time of email arrival. I'll check in every couple of hours (be patient, don't re-email). Earlier emails will get earlier dibs, as each sells off one by one.

IN YOUR EMAIL I will need to know:

a) your first pick choice
b) if unavailable, your second pick choice
c) if unavailable, your third pick choice
d) if you want plastics included or not
e) your PP email address to send the request to

If you are only interested in one specific choice, and if it's sold you're no longer interested, forget the 2nd and 3rd choice. It's up to you. I understand.

Playfields are hologrammed, polished, papered, and double-boxed - waiting for a shipping label. We had them like this (with comments on masking tape on the outside of the box) but were surprised by the no-shows in the Request group. So this is why they are boxed. Sorry, I'm not going to open them back up. I stand by the description(s) as accurate, or you can return it for a refund if I am wrong. Everything is smaller than a dime. These ship immediately upon payment, no waiting. Limit one per customer, please. The "flaw free" playfields were $700.

CANDIDATE #1: **SOLD** noted "Dropouts on E of X-E-N-O-N"
Translation: I remember this one, it has a slightly botched "E" on one insert between the slings.

CANDIDATE #2: **SOLD** noted "Gainy insert text, lower/middle, blobby, slightly gross"
Translation: Some insert texts have some bleed in the black edges (ink gain) making some insert lettering blobby

CANDIDATE #3 **SOLD** noted "Blobby insert letters above flippers, pretty bad"
Translation: Same as above, really. Some letters have edge bleed.

CANDIDATE #4 **SOLD** noted "Print #1, slight misreg, some sliver moons"
Translation: This was the first board to the press on every color, so it has slight misregistration of art-to-cut. Normally we are adjusted dead-on by print #3-7. Sliver moons mean little wood peekaboos inside some insert rings.

CANDIDATE #5 **SOLD** noted "Gainy text lower inserts, slightly acceptable, better than others"
Translation: Same gainy black issue, better than the others, we eventually got the black transfer perfect after these of course. This was probably one of the last 1 or 2 before the pressure was just right.

Shipping rates are the normal rates as shown for playfields on our site (see Playfield Store section) and will be added to your PP invoice. If you want plastics, they can be bundled for $75 (playfield bundle price) shipping included.

First come, first served. I will mark the thread sold out if all five find a home. Photos attached.

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

20140731_220414.jpg20140731_220414.jpg
20140731_220401.jpg20140731_220401.jpg
20140731_220237.jpg20140731_220237.jpg

Post edited by KevinCPR: Updating availability status

#2 9 years ago

I should add a picture of what they look like overall Here is a customer-submitted photo of his being half-swapped, with plastics too. This will give you an idea of the installed look - the colors, the shine, the unmarred surface.

As much as I was picky in my grading as I always am, these are still great candidates to make a beautiful game. So beyond a 30-y.o. factory original, we're not even talking in the same league. Remember we're talking about less than 1% of the playfield surface area when discussing the Bronze flaws. Otherwise, these are 99% like what you see in the photo here. Just wanted to clarify that. Maybe not for the super duper perfectionist, but certainly sweet for most restores.

xeswap13.jpgxeswap13.jpg

Post edited by KevinCPR: spelling error

#3 9 years ago

I am interested in #4 if still available ?

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from SCpins:

I am interested in #4 if still available ?

Then email me at our web site as described in the instructions. (inbox {at} classicplayfields . com , if that helps)

#5 9 years ago

These are the times I wished I had a roached Xenon...arrrgh

#6 9 years ago

BUMP Two Sold. Three Left.

2 weeks later
#7 9 years ago

Kevin If you still have Pm me the info I would love to get one. Just bought a xenon!

#8 9 years ago

I want # 1. I am sure it will look better then my slightly worn one!

#9 9 years ago

Guys,

Kevin doesn't go on pinside very often, read the instructions on his Original Post > If you want one EMAIL him directly

#10 9 years ago

e-mailed!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-five-xenon-playfields-leftovers-for-public-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.